What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

Raul_Pato

Juniors
If it's true that you guys have signed Justin thn congrats, he will be a great buy for you. I'm gutted we have lost another Origin level front rower that we have produced but we have many coming through, and in Dan Hunt a ready-made replacement.

If someone offered me an extra 225k over 3 years then I would bite their hand off.

I don't believe that you have paid "overs" for him either, you need props, he's an Origin prop therfore he is where you need to spend the cap money. 350k would be overs for us because we don't need to buy an origin front rower.

Anyway you guys have a strong looking pack next year, good luck.

Suitman

Post Whore
If it's true that you guys have signed Justin thn congrats, he will be a great buy for you. I'm gutted we have lost another Origin level front rower that we have produced but we have many coming through, and in Dan Hunt a ready-made replacement.

If someone offered me an extra 225k over 3 years then I would bite their hand off.

I don't believe that you have paid "overs" for him either, you need props, he's an Origin prop therfore he is where you need to spend the cap money. 350k would be overs for us because we don't need to buy an origin front rower.

The first really sensible post from an Illawarra fan.

Suity

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases

Why thankyou goodsir!
I honestly hope that Poore is one that leads you guys to a GF this yea. Go the Drags'! Long overdue for you guys to have success at the end of the year!

Gaba

First Grade
This is awesome news for Parramatta

I still believe we need a quality halve as well.

The eels need more attacking forwards along with quality half and backs, hayne is the only QUALITY attacking back the eels have

Like i said poore if its true , will not improve the eels

the_eel

Juniors
I just heard a rumour that Albert Kelly has signed with Melbourne, f**k hope that isnt true.

That has been the word on the street so seems pretty likely and would be a damn shame. With that said, he isnt proven at senior level yet and if he didnt want to fight for a pretty vacant halves spot in the top team with only Morts, Keating and Robson in front of him then i say its his loss.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
I think by March next year both KK and morts will have something to say about that..

Maybe, and i do think both have great potential, but it's more the 'what if' factor in relation to them not performing.

Anyway, with a quality forward pack even John Frare could shine, so i think maybe KK and Morts whilst only young could direct us.

The Colonel

Immortal
I actually feel an ounce of disappointment for the Dragons fans..... just a little, as we have lost players in the past we have produced to other clubs. It isn't easy to watch a player reach the levels of Origin and then sign with another club. It is funny to watch some Dragon fans turn on him in a minute....

That said, I am extremely happy to see a player of Origin quality coming to the club. It has been a while since we have signed anyone of note considering how many players we have let go since 2006.

strider

Post Whore
sh*t - now I have to watch all the roosters and saints games praying they don't get injured :lol:

Ron Jeremy

Coach
The eels need more attacking forwards along with quality half and backs, hayne is the only QUALITY attacking back the eels have

Like i said poore if its true , will not improve the eels

You're kidding right? i only mentioned KK and Morts in relation to inexperience, and as for our backs? we ample talent - thats well documented, our5 biggest problem has been laying platforms for our backline, we have now recitified it, so our backline will be alot better.

Latest posts