What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

oldmancraigy

Coach
Poore game did improved under Bennett which made him more noticeable with the selectors , yes he was improving under Brownie.

But i think the Bennett factor made poore then without him, question would the eels be interested in poore if Brownie was still coaching the dragons

I just got a feeling Poore wont be noticeable next year with a coach and side like the eels have, im not knocking the eels just going on history with Brownie as coach

Ou coach is not Brownie.. it's Anderson - you know, a guy who has won multiple ESL premierships? Coached some of the best props in England.

I dare say he knows what he's doing, look at young Tim Mannah for Parra, he looks pretty good early in his career - heck, Anderson even managed to make Latimore look halfway decent in first grade.

He knows how to coach forwards.

Will he deliver us a permiership? I don't know - but I dare say he's got a better chance having picked up one of the NSW Origin prop forwards to work with.

Gaba

First Grade
:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm sorry that is comedy gold.
Brownie's history will show Anderson's future.
Love it!
actually has the eels executed the plans what anderson wants them to do, he showed last week agaisnt the sharks they werent and what about this year, hayne as 5/8 , mateo as 5/8

Brownie and Anderson history might be more similar then you think, the players arent executing thier plans

The Colonel

Immortal
actually has the eels executed the plans what anderson wants them to do, he showed last week agaisnt the sharks they werent and what about this year, hayne as 5/8 , mateo as 5/8

Brownie and Anderson history might be more similar then you think, the players arent executing thier plans

Whatever helps you sleep at night mate.... it's all good.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Other clubs who were looking for a new coach ignored him shows you something that not many clubs rate him and the eels were the only ones interested in him

I dont think Anderson is as good as people make him out to be , plus as i said when the eels side anderson they would have been better with a coach who just finish coaching in the nrl rather then a superleague coach. They dont have a very good record when returning to the nrl

Which clubs ignored him?

Getting Anderson is actually something that Fitzgerald did well. Anderson finished up his ESL contract and was poached a long time before last season ended. Fitzy kept up the 'we like Hagan' talk so that nothing seemed fishy - except that Anderson was suddenly talking about moving back to Australia to do "nothing" for a whole year...
Then suddenyl Hagan quits and Anderson is the new coach. Wow - nobody wanted him? Or they were all too slow off the mark?

Gronk

Staff member
Awesome news! Well done to the front office :clap:

;-)

Suity

tease.gif

Gaba

First Grade
Ou coach is not Brownie.. it's Anderson - you know, a guy who has won multiple ESL premierships? Coached some of the best props in England.
Brownie is doing well in the super league , what does that say about the superleague.

There arent many coaches what done well in the superleague and done well in the nrl, the ones who done well in the superleague and come back to the nrl are normally the first coaches sacked in the nrl when the teams arent going any good

Last edited:

Parra Steve

Juniors
And we saw on sunday what happens when we follow the coaches plans, we beat the knights in newcastle, no easy feat.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Brownie is doing well in the super league , what does that say about the superleague.

There arent many coaches what done well in the superleague and done well in the nrl, the ones who done well in the superleague are normally the first coaches sacked in the nrl

Brownie aint winning the Superleague.

He did 'well' in the NRL too, his teams had quite a bit of regular season success. In fact they even finished 2nd under Brownie (Parra was first) - what does that say about the NRL (according to your whack logic).

Thanks for bringing your sour grapes over to our forum, but we aren't buying - take the hint?

Gaba

First Grade
Brownie aint winning the Superleague.

He did 'well' in the NRL too, his teams had quite a bit of regular season success. In fact they even finished 2nd under Brownie (Parra was first) - what does that say about the NRL (according to your whack logic).

Thanks for bringing your sour grapes over to our forum, but we aren't buying - take the hint?

Im not sour over anything, but everyone enjoys an debate reason why you and others keep responding

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
But would the eels have the coach or team to do it, i dont think they do reason why if its true poore might have made the biggest mistake in his career.
Wouldn't matter if we had the coach or the team! If Poore were dropped for the remainder of 2009 (purely speculating, because im sure he won't be) i would think he would have enough drive in himself to come out and play good football!
Individual brilliance stands out when the teams playing sh*t (IE: Hindy, Hayne..)

Gaba

First Grade
Wouldn't matter if we had the coach or the team! If Poore were dropped for the remainder of 2009 (purely speculating, because im sure he won't be) i would think he would have enough drive in himself to come out and play good football!
Individual brilliance stands out when the teams playing sh*t (IE: Hindy, Hayne..)

You are probably right, i guess if its true and poore is at the eels next year, going ot be interesting to see how he goes, and see if the eels do improve

I dont think the eels will

slippy

Juniors
Hang on, I'll respond after I clean the computer screen..

Ok I'm back. HOLY WOW!! I AM SO EXCITED!!

Redback71

First Grade
Holly toledos batman this one has totally come out of left field 'WHAM' like I thought Poore was going to remain a Dragon 'BAM".

FUIFUI_MOIMOI

Juniors
Parramatta has secured a major transfer coup with St George Illawarra prop Justin Poore signing a three-year deal with the NRL club.

The news caps a big day for the Eels, who earlier on Wednesday confirmed the signature of Roosters forward Shane Shackleton, also on a three-year deal.

But it is the capture of Poore, who made his State of Origin debut for NSW in last week's series opener against Melbourne, which had Eels acting chief executive Andrew Hill delighted.

"Justin Poore is one of the best front rowers in the NRL and we're very pleased that he has chosen to join us," Hill said.

"It's been some time since the Eels have signed a State of Origin player, so to do so now is another indicator of the strength of the club and our future.

"We expect Justin's decision will strengthen the Eels both off and on the field."

Poore has played 115 NRL games for the Dragons since making his debut in 2004 against Canberra.

Eels coach Daniel Anderson said both Poore and Shackleton were key targets for him in 2010.

"Justin Poore is a very important acquisition for the future of the Parramatta club," Anderson said.

"Justin and Shane Shackleton were priority targets for us and to secure the services of both this week is a big shot in the arm as we look ahead."

Both players have signed three year deals with the club which will keep them at Parramatta stadium until the end of 2012.

http://rugbyleaguelive.com/Articles/5425/2009/06/10/Eels_snare_Origin_forward_Justin_Poore.aspx

Latest posts