What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels snare Poore and Shackleton

planeteels

Juniors
If the Dragons are such a haven (which I agree they are)... why are you all complaining about being Poached???

Gaba

First Grade
Mate we're paying 400k for Nathan Cayless next season.
Poore on 350k is a relative bargain!

All we want Poore to do is team up with the wrecking ball (MoiMoi) to lay a platform for our creative players (Mateo, Hayne) to work behind.

I guarantee you if we had Poore this season, we'd have won another game or two (and be right in the hunt for the 8).

I dont think Poore is a player what you want, its not him who the wrecking ball for the dragons i rate weyman ,hunt, creagh,, saffy more wrecking ball then poore

i disagree the eels wouldnt be in the hunt for the 8 with poore this year, the eels dont have the other forwards or the backs or coach

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Plus if its true about Bennett dumping players who have signed wiht other clubs, poore could be in state league for the rest of the year.

Im not saying it will happen but if the rumours are to the fact Bennett does that, eels have paid for an state league player

Yahuh - a State League Player who would be might pissed off at Bennett and the Saints for demoting him, and keen to get out there and remind the NRL who he is and what he's capable of!

lolesi

First Grade
as a sharks fan i am spewing we didnt get him!

great buy Parra, well done, top purchase!

Gaba

First Grade
Yahuh - a State League Player who would be might pissed off at Bennett and the Saints for demoting him, and keen to get out there and remind the NRL who he is and what he's capable of!

But would the eels have the coach or team to do it, i dont think they do reason why if its true poore might have made the biggest mistake in his career.

Daneel

Bench
Bennett is not going to drop Poore to reserves. He has done similar things at the broncos but not with top players. He did it to hodges before he went to the roosters, but hodges was a nobody with potential at the time.

MrT

Juniors
Personally i always thought the eels were always overrated and they have proven it, the players they have in that list hayne the only attacking player in there.

Mind you he is good

Like i said if it is true poore has made the biggest mistake in his career ,

When's the last time your club won a premiership?
Now that you have raped Illawarra of it's talent pool and still couldn't win one.

Even went over the border to bring a head coach in the hope he wins you one.

With the team Dragons have had over the last 5 seasons, should have won atleast 1 premiership. Didn't even make a GF.

Don't go talking about our team, because yours has been the worst performing I've ever seen considering the roster

Well, you've definitely had some fun through our lower grade squads that is for certain. ;-)

:lol: Now that I think of it...(since 2000)

To Roosters
Jason Cayless (2001), Chad Robinson (2001), Eric Grothe (2001), Steve Crouch (2003), John Williams (2006)
To Eels
Jamie Russo (2001), Dean Widders (2001), Paul Green (2002), Kylie Leuluai (2002), Eric Grothe (2003), Chad Robinson (2004), Brett Finch (2006), Shane Shackleton (2009)

Probably more :lol: forget how much our teams trade...

Gaba

First Grade
Poore game did improved under Bennett which made him more noticeable with the selectors , yes he was improving under Brownie.

But i think the Bennett factor made poore then without him, question would the eels be interested in poore if Brownie was still coaching the dragons

I just got a feeling Poore wont be noticeable next year with a coach and side like the eels have, im not knocking the eels just going on history with Brownie as coach

Last edited:

sting

Bench
If the Dragons are such a haven (which I agree they are)... why are you all complaining about being Poached???

it's still frustrating dude. but yeah good luck to him and you guys. it's hard to hate the eels cause you guys are always in a similar position to us.

now, what were you alluding to when you said we'l be happy with who we're getting for 2010???

The Colonel

Immortal
Poore game did improved under Bennett which made him more noticeable with the selectors , yes he was improving under Brownie.

But i think the Bennett factor made poore then without him, question would the eels be interested in poore if Brownie was still coaching the dragons

Parramatta tried to sign Poore when he was last off contract.

I just got a feeling Poore wont be noticeable next year with a coach and side like the eels have, im not knocking the eels just going on history with Brownie as coach

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
I'm sorry that is comedy gold.
Brownie's history will show Anderson's future.
Love it!

Parra Steve

Juniors
:lol: Now that I think of it...(since 2000)

To Roosters
Jason Cayless (2001), Chad Robinson (2001), Eric Grothe (2001), Steve Crouch (2003), John Williams (2006)
To Eels
Jamie Russo (2001), Dean Widders (2001), Paul Green (2002), Kylie Leuluai (2002), Eric Grothe (2003), Chad Robinson (2004), Brett Finch (2006), Shane Shackleton (2009)

Probably more :lol: forget how much our teams trade...

Wow we've really traded some duds over the years

Gaba

First Grade
:lol:
How do you know Anderson can't improve him?
You might need to take your Dragon tinted glasses off to answer that.

Other clubs who were looking for a new coach ignored him shows you something that not many clubs rate him and the eels were the only ones interested in him

I dont think Anderson is as good as people make him out to be , plus as i said when the eels side anderson they would have been better with a coach who just finish coaching in the nrl rather then a superleague coach. They dont have a very good record when returning to the nrl