What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EELS TEAM v RABBITS

attamarrap

Juniors
Twizzle said:
you got me mixed up with some one else

if he has had a bad game, I call it that way, but I've been defending Burty for years
I just remember you blaming that try against the warriors where ben smith missed the tackle on burt. I'm a fan of burt too and always stick up for him I've never liked ash graham's play much, if chalky was injured as well I could understand ash's selection but to me it's puzzling

Utey

Coach
A solid side considering. Has to be a smokescreen. I think either Williams, Reddy, Henry and Chalky will have a run.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I did blame him for that defensive lapse against the Warriors because it was his fault.

As much as I have defended him, if he makes a blatent mistake, I call it as I see it. Pretty hard to defend that one.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Why not just wait until the team is named at 2pm on Sunday.

With injury clouds over a number of players I'm prediciting a lot of changes to that side and even some if the "injured" players all play.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
What ever happened to Brett Anderson, injured? He's had first grade experience, all the sudden he's the forgotten man.

Stagger eel

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
What ever happened to Brett Anderson, injured? He's had first grade experience, all the sudden he's the forgotten man.

apparently out for the rest of the season, due to an injury caused in the u19's interstate match.

Utey

Coach
shiftysmith said:
graham is in the residents side next wednesday so isn't he unavailable for sunday?

No, they are avaliable as it doesnt count as a proper rep game.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
eelavation said:
apparently out for the rest of the season, due to an injury caused in the u19's interstate match.

he's a Queenslander

I'd say Gold coast

bartman

Immortal
Ok, so we have injury clouds over McKinnon, Grothe, Graham, and Petersen(?) in that backline. How it runs out on Sunday will surely be some different combination.

Being picked in that Premier League rep side suggests Ash, John Williams and O'Dwyer seem to be playing solid enough to step up? And I suspect Joel Reddy might be somewhere in Brian Smith's thinking for the run-on squad too if one of the named guys doesn't pull through this week...

1eyedeel

Juniors
Go Ash! Show em what you've got...

I seem to remember another young centre, had a shocking defensive game against Canberra - people said he wasn't cut out for first grade - a year later he has was in an international..

Stagger eel

Staff member
filthy_spammers said:
Go Ash! Show em what you've got...

I seem to remember another young centre, had a shocking defensive game against Canberra - people said he wasn't cut out for first grade - a year later he has was in an international..

I have a huge admiration for Ash, to come back with the sort of injury he sustained, but unfortunatly Ash will never be an international's arsehole.....he may turn out to be a half ok first grader, but that's it.

Hellsy

Immortal
I saw give him another chance :D

He's gonna cop it either way, he must know he is not up to first grade standard, but it still doesn't mean he won't take the field and try his heart out. IMO anyway

Utey

Coach
Id like to just prove ppl wrong. He may be totally sh*t, but if he is good ppl will be saying the usual crap of how it was Brians fault keeping him out of the side.

He has the ability to be a good player but seems to be lacking a whole heap of confidence. Go get em Ash.