What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Doggies Match Thread

Kearney strokes of genius tonight:

Burt at fullback - why not play sio

Roberts in the side - was he playing hooker? FMD he is a reserve grade player, not to mention a 5/8 and we already had 2 of them (kelly and paulo) on the field

Not practicing or having any idea about that set play where morris scored....twice

Wat have i missed?

leaving a player to gather splinters on the bench while the game slipped away its usually fui this week it was roberts

Mickyd39

Juniors
Kearney strokes of genius tonight:

Burt at fullback - why not play sio

Roberts in the side - was he playing hooker? FMD he is a reserve grade player, not to mention a 5/8 and we already had 2 of them (kelly and paulo) on the field

Not practicing or having any idea about that set play where morris scored....twice

Wat have i missed?

Maybe Kearney should have read Jason Taylor's column in the SHM today, then he may have had an idea on how to stop it.

By the way, Chris Anderson has really turned the team around:roll:

Kornstar

Coach
Not a good result, someone has to say it, Luke is no longer an NRL standard player, woeful again tonight

The coach needs to go, we get caught on all the same plays and we offer little in attack with no structure. Sometimes a good asst coach can't step up, and we have seen that .

There has to be some action on the coach to get some real enthusiasm or whatever, and how the f**k did Kasiano stay on the field, oh well

On Luke Burt, as Pou Pou would say "he has the support from the people in charge and they have the runs on the board".........

Kearney is possibly the most overrated non coach to ever have a head coaching role.......I can't believe we have another full season of this.......

Forty20

First Grade
Actually I don't think the loss was Kearney's fault. The Eels played strongly tonight..Definitely not a twenty point margin..as the scoreboard indicated.
Why was Poore out?

Poore came down with a severe case of Humbleitis, damn near the worst calf strain a man could see.

Eelogical

Referee
They got hammered. Hayne in the team wouldn't have turned that into a win. At best, the score may have been closer. You guys saw the size and power of the Dogs when they ran on. Feel free to disagree on that one. Let's just admit that across the park we aren't up to scratch.

FROSTY319

Juniors
Isn't Willie Tonga the biggest waste of space. Such a disappointment. I have yet to see the guy make one break all year. At least we have some solid young kids coming through with some heart, but the kearney, tonga, burt show must end asap.

Hutchy86

Juniors
Sandow can practice putting up bombs all week and Sio can practice catching the f*cking things. If he takes all of those cleanly we lose by 12 or less and stay in the game.
Also - we basically had 2 players down tonight given how poor a selection Ben Roberts was. Our forwards were completely busted at the end and we were always gonna leak points.
Last part of the rant - if it were possible for a player to get a stat for metres lost in a game Luke Burt would deadset have the NRL record after tonight. Surely he was -85 metres gained.

Eels Dude

Coach
On Luke Burt, as Pou Pou would say "he has the support from the people in charge and they have the runs on the board".........

Kearney is possibly the most overrated non coach to ever have a head coaching role.......I can't believe we have another full season of this.......

The writing must be on the wall now. The players actually had a dig tonight. Problem was they had no set plays, and couldn't even read a simple attacking play of the opposition which they've used effectively before, and got caught out on it twice :crazy:

That comes down to poor coaching. They should have been made aware of that play and what to do to shut it down but they weren't. Brian Smith and his whiteboard would have been handy at halftime tonight.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Isn't Willie Tonga the biggest waste of space. Such a disappointment. I have yet to see the guy make one break all year. At least we have some solid young kids coming through with some heart, but the kearney, tonga, burt show must end asap.

I'd rather Jono Wright than Tonga. Geez he goes well these days. Typical.

Our attack is too flat when we play attacking and too deep when he are hitting it up.
To me it looks like we don't do any attack at training during the week or any set plays.
I think we have no attacking coach at the club.

The writing must be on the wall now. The players actually had a dig tonight. Problem was they had no set plays, and couldn't even read a simple attacking play of the opposition which they've used effectively before, and got caught out on it twice :crazy:

That comes down to poor coaching. They should have been made aware of that play and what to do to shut it down but they weren't. Brian Smith and his whiteboard would have been handy at halftime tonight.

i reckon we should sack kearney have no coach and just give the team jt's column to read every week

Eelementary

Post Whore

That comes down to poor coaching.
They should have been made aware of that play and what to do to shut it down but they weren't. Brian Smith and his whiteboard would have been handy at halftime tonight.

With all due respect - I think it also comes down to low confidence.

Eels Dude

Coach
With all due respect - I think it also comes down to low confidence.

Low confidence doesn't help. That's where having a strong motivating coach comes into play. Regardless I'd like to think we actually practice some set plays at training but it doesn't look like it because every time we have a shot at the line in our opponents 20 everyone is standing so flat footed and just waiting for something to happen but nothing ever does. It's not just tonight it's been like that all season. Meanwhile you look at the Bulldogs and it's pretty obvious they practice that stuff at training.

Last edited:

Latest posts