What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels war ends as Fitzgerald bows out after 30 years at top

pazzaeel

Juniors
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25609340-29277,00.html

PARRAMATTA is on the look-out for a new CEO after Denis Fitzgerald this morning agreed to step down after 30 years at the helm.
The Daily Telegraph reports Fitzgerald and the new Eels board have been negotiating a release for the past fortnight.

It is believed Fitzgerald was given a financial settlement to walk away, but the pay-out was far less than his $400,000 salary.

Fitzgerald had been stood down while the board investigated his involvement in the Chinese Restaurant “votes for vouchers” scandal that tainted April’s leagues club election.

The club has been negotiating to end Fitzgerald’s reign since the report was finalised more than a week ago.

The terms of Fitzgerald’s deed of release are confidential.

Gronk

Staff member
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25609340-29277,00.html

PARRAMATTA is on the look-out for a new CEO after Denis Fitzgerald this morning agreed to step down after 30 years at the helm.
The Daily Telegraph reports Fitzgerald and the new Eels board have been negotiating a release for the past fortnight.

It is believed Fitzgerald was given a financial settlement to walk away, but the pay-out was far less than his $400,000 salary.

Fitzgerald had been stood down while the board investigated his involvement in the Chinese Restaurant “votes for vouchers” scandal that tainted April’s leagues club election.

The club has been negotiating to end Fitzgerald’s reign since the report was finalised more than a week ago.

If the terms of the release are confidential, then someone at the club has breached that already by blabbing to the Telecrap.

The Colonel

Immortal
A lot of years that he has spent at the club as both an official and a player. Not sure thanks for everything Denis is the right sentiment but he has devoted plenty of time and effort over almost forty years or so. Be very different not having him at the club.

fish eel

Immortal
well done to both parties for cutting a deal on what really was an unworkable situation.

Parra Future

Juniors
Just came up on Fox Sports website as well. Not sure if Massoud can't spell "executive" or whether it's fox sports. Now it's time for everyone to move on.

Source : http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,25609311-23214,00.html
Parramatta chief exutive Denis Fitzgerald steps down after 30 years at helm

By Josh Massoud
June 09, 2009 Parramatta is on the look out for a new chief executive after Denis Fitzgerald this morning agreed to step down after 30 years at the helm.
Fitzgerald and the new Eels board have been negotiating a release for the past fortnight.

The report was finalised more than a week ago, and negotiations to end Fitzgerald’s reign have been on foot ever since.

Stagger eel

Staff member
A lot of years that he has spent at the club as both an official and a player. Not sure thanks for everything Denis is the right sentiment but he has devoted plenty of time and effort over almost forty years or so. Be very different not having him at the club.

well the irony is he'll still be at his usual position in the trusts box every home game, he just won't be wearing the official attire.

sooperdooper

First Grade
bye bye fitzy... will you spit the dummy now? probably...

but you had your time and had the chance to walk while you were ahead... but didnt!

now just need a good candidate for the role. NO ZAPPIA

Gronk

Staff member
Not through me Gronk, I'm out of the loop mate.

Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular Col. However it seems that some "I'll scratch yours" scoops are happening time and time again.

He's not someone I'd want in my camp frankly.

Jodeci

Bench
Media Release – Mr. Denis Fitzgerald
The following is a statement on behalf of Pirtek Parramatta Eels & Parramatta Leagues Club Limited President Roy Spagnolo:
“Mr. Denis Fitzgerald AM and the Parramatta Leagues Club Limited, have mutually agreed to end the employment relationship after 30 years of service.
“The President, Mr. Roy Spagnolo OAM, on behalf of the Board and the members thanks Mr. Fitzgerald for his service to the Club and wish him well in the next phase of his career.
“Neither Mr. Fitzgerald nor the Club are at liberty to disclose the terms of the agreement reached as it is also agreed that it remain confidential between them.”
There will be no further comment.

Parra Future

Juniors
I never ignored your post, you made a worthwhile comment but i am working with a very slow computer and was trying to answer the more important comments and didn't feel i need to directly answer you. Sangreal86 made the comment himself about stayinfg around after the election to participate in discussions on these forums, in what capacity, that's up to him. Josh is not a member of the board either but seems to know what goes on behind closed doors. The new board used these forums when they needed support to be elected I do not see why they can not keeps us informed through them now. I don't go to the club much these days so can you ask them a question for me, "What are the results from the investigation and how much did it cost?"

Sangreal 86 is doing fine. I spoke with him last night about a few things. He loved coming onto the site and bantering around with other forumites. He is pretty busy at the moment with a few things on his plate but has not left the site for good. At the moment other things need attending too and then he will continue to come back on and mingle as per the old days. Just thought you might like to know.

Suitman

Post Whore
Fitzy, just intervied on 2UE, said something that I respect him for.

He'll get another job, and will primarily be looking in the Club Industry, but will NOT join another club. He said he couldn't bring himself to working against Parramatta, after 40 years working for them.

Also said he won't be going into politics, and also, there's no chance he'll apply for a job at News Limited. His word's were...."I dislike them intensely". :lol:

Suity

Last edited: