What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels war ends as Fitzgerald bows out after 30 years at top

strider

Post Whore
if they found anything, I can't see that a) we wouldn't have heard about it via the telegossip grapevine and b) they would be paying Denis a cent cos they were going to use it to avoid paying him

I reckon they couldn't prove diddly and denis is now going to take his payout and go - and then worry about throwing sh*t in the media and courts once he gets his money safely in his bank account

strider

Post Whore
so how much do people think it will cost to hire 2 separate CEOs now? ... would we get away with the same $400K Denis was taking? (so roughly $200K per new CEO) ... or is it gonna cost us alot more?

caylo

Bench
strider it would cost about the same, less probably rather than more considering economical conditions. What is denis going to take to court anyway, he has a clause in his contract that his contract can be terminated with the full payment of one year salary.
He can wast his payout on a court case that would amount to nothing, the board asked him to step down on full pay while they conducted an investigation on him. They did not do anything illegal, sounds fair to me.

strider

Post Whore
he'll take defamation about the voucher thing to court - he was tagged with it by the tele based on info being passed from the new board .... I have no clue whether he did it or not, but he was dragged in the mud by it and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he did something about it afterwards - we may never hear about it if the Tele don't want to tell us - but from what I have heard, there are defemation proceedings going on constantly, so I don't see this being any different

a CEO will get less than $200K a year these days? .... a good experienced CEO? .... I honestly don't know - I just would have thought maybe they'd get a little more??? - but I really don't know so hence I asked .... if we can save money there and have a better structure than thats great

Hellsy

Immortal
I must say I am relieved........ I don't really care for the man at all.... altho I can appreciate that the club was kept alive for his reign and not merged/bankrupt etc. But as for the future......

Don't 4get to pack those scrapbooks as you leave your office Denis

sooperdooper

First Grade
i am a fence sitter with ftizy, he does some great things then he does some terrible things.
all i can say is i hope we find a good replacement. That does not mean Tony Zappia in my eyes....
i think the person needs to be from outside the league circle....

fish eel

Immortal
I must say I am relieved........ I don't really care for the man at all.... altho I can appreciate that the club was kept alive for his reign and not merged/bankrupt etc. But as for the future......

Don't 4get to pack those scrapbooks as you leave your office Denis

It's not thanks to Fitzgerald we didnt merge.

Hellsy

Immortal
Whatever, it didn't happen under his reign. I'm sure there are many things we can put into that basket.

Angry_eel

First Grade
He didn't do it for free but you've gotta say. We didn't die, we didn't merge and we have a strong club in place although the recent legislations are starting to bite.

I guess Fitzy had everything right apart from Risk Management.

Parraletic

Juniors
I'd like to say thanks to Fitzy for his years of service. But this has come 10-15 years to late (like the change of boards). Glad we finally have change. Hopefully the guys that have come in will make sure that the club survives into the future.

Go the Eels & BYE BYE FITZY!

eelandia

Juniors
Thanks Fitzy? Fitzy owes the club more than the club owes him. After all, the club gave him 2 careers - a football one and a business one.

Unfortunately, it seems he has milked the club of more money because he is to arrogant and selfish to see what he owes us, not what we owe him.

Rogue.9

Juniors
With a new the FC board, new LC board & Fitzy gone we will need a new scapegoat for next year.

Stagger eel

Staff member
well Hage's legacy will be there until 2011 so we'll just have to deal with it as best we can until then.

born an eel

Bench
well the new board has failed with their first order of business.
So much for not paying him a cent.
If I was DF I would insist on a public apology as part of the deal.

I hope these new sponsor a least cover the extra money for 2 CEO and the payout. I am looking for an anoucement of an additional $500K straight away.