What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels war ends as Fitzgerald bows out after 30 years at top

Fitzy, just intervied on 2UE, said something that I respect him for.

He'll get another job, and will primarily be looking in the Club Industry, but will NOT join another club. He said he couldn't bring himself to working against Parramatta, after 40 years working for them.

Also said he won't be going into politics, and also, there's no chance he'll apply for a job at News Limited. His word's were...."I dislike them intensely". :lol:

Suity

I respect that.

But as Eddie Vedder once wrote "saw things so much clearer once you were in my rearviewmirror"

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Fitzy, just intervied on 2UE, said something that I respect him for.

He'll get another job, and will primarily be looking in the Club Industry, but will NOT join another club. He said he couldn't bring himself to working against Parramatta, after 40 years working for them.

Also said he won't be going into politics, and also, there's no chance he'll apply for a job at News Limited. His word's were...."I dislike them intensely". :lol:

Suity

a bit of respect for those comments from Fitzy

I wish him well

bartman

Immortal
So it's all now official, and done and dusted... thank goodness for that. I'm sure all involved feel some sense of relief now. And we can now hopefully move forward as a club.

I'm looking forward to the future, and to seeing advertisements for two CEO positions (LC and FC) in the near future, and hopeful that the best candidates (whoever they are) will be appointed to take the Clubs forward, with the united support of their Boards and some increased communication with and participation by their members.

Glenn

First Grade
I guess all those 3P sponsors who were waiting on Fitzy's departure will now announce their immediate support ?

tumbleweed.gif

fish eel

Immortal
You could even say he is a Better Man.

God I crack me up

You could also say now Fitzy has taken a giant leap into the wild.

Anyway, some comments by Roy Spagnolo in MX today on Zappia. No link - but the quotes are:

"He's under investigation and once they sort that out we'll look at our position. At the moment I couldnt say whether we'd employ him"

I take that to mean Zappia is in the running for a gig at Parra pending how all his sh*t pans out?

Glenn

First Grade
Unless the woman involved in the Zappia investigation is a pathalogical liar...next :shock:

Hellsy

Immortal
Well I am just glad this is all over.

Now the new board can get on with looking at sponsorship going forward and what deals we can and cannot get out of etc etc

born an eel

Bench
Sangreal 86 is doing fine. I spoke with him last night about a few things. He loved coming onto the site and bantering around with other forumites. He is pretty busy at the moment with a few things on his plate but has not left the site for good. At the moment other things need attending too and then he will continue to come back on and mingle as per the old days. Just thought you might like to know.
thanks for that,
it is good to hear of his continued participation.

The Colonel

Immortal
If the terms of the release are confidential, then someone at the club has breached that already by blabbing to the Telecrap.

The Herald understands Fitzgerald, the highest-profile casualty of the 3P party sweeping to power in the leagues club elections in April, received a payout of $200,000 to leave before his contract ran out. He had 18 months left on his $400,000-a-year deal.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/lhqnews/fitzy-leaves-with-200k-payout/2009/06/09/1244313137471.html

I wonder who blabbed to the Herald then?

Gronk

Staff member
Maybe the Herald just printed it from Josh's scoop yesterday ? ;-)

The Colonel

Immortal
Maybe the Herald just printed it from Josh's scoop yesterday ? ;-)

But Josh's article didn't include any figures, he just stated it was less than his salary.

fisheel said:
Josh must have been away from his desk and not able to take the call?

Must have been. But surely Dean Ritchie would have taken the call....