What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels war ends as Fitzgerald bows out after 30 years at top

Stagger eel

Staff member
well the new board has failed with their first order of business.
So much for not paying him a cent.
If I was DF I would insist on a public apology as part of the deal.

I hope these new sponsor a least cover the extra money for 2 CEO and the payout. I am looking for an anoucement of an additional $500K straight away.

care to shows us where the new board had any intention not to pay him out?

born an eel

Bench
for a start how about trying to sack him over a couple of $30 meal vouchers.

I am positive it was reported that the new board stated that it would be irresponsible to pay him out with the club in such a financial situation.

you could ask Sangreal86 but Terry hasn't been informed us anything for over a month.

fish eel

Immortal
I didnt know Terry was on either board?

So what exactly can he inform us of?

If he came on and was telling us what was going on, there'd be people moaning about how he was being told what was going on in board meetings.

born an eel

Bench
And why should he?
If you want to know, ask him. He was always open to questions.

Suity
only because he stated he would continue to pop in here and inform all of what was happening around the club. I wouldn't expect that to be every day or week but it has been over a month and at a time when a lot has been happening.

fish eel

Immortal
only because he stated he would continue to pop in here and inform all of what was happening around the club. I wouldn't expect that to be every day or week but it has been over a month and at a time when a lot has been happening.

While he did say he would pop into forum (which he has done a couple of times), he also said on several occasions he would be stepping back from 3P after the elections.

Of course, you could always ask current board members any questions if they were really important to you.

Suitman

Post Whore
While he did say he would pop into forum (which he has done a couple of times), he also said on several occasions he would be stepping back from 3P after the elections.

Of course, you could always ask current board members any questions if they were really important to you.

Sounds like someone still has an axe to grind. :sarcasm:

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
"He has a five-year contract. However, 3P insiders last night said they would rather find a way to sack Fitzgerald without paying him a cent given the club's financial position. It lost a record $9.12 million last year."
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25390479-5001021,00.html

Lame and sensationalist quote there, coming from a media organisation and with no name provided.
Got anything more concrete? ie - something that might be out of the mouth of a board member? An actual quote perhaps?

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
yeah I know what you mean, fancy anyone expecting somebody to stand behind something they have said on a forum :crazy:

As I said, in a post you ignored, he isnt on the board, so what can he really tell us?

He also said on more than one occasion he was moving on from 3P after the election.

If he was posting reguarly about gpings pon, I'm sure some would raise eyebrows about the boardroom talking out of turn. Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

My other point still stands, if you have questions to ask that are important to you, ask them to board members personally.

born an eel

Bench
Lame and sensationalist quote there, coming from a media organisation and with no name provided.
Got anything more concrete? ie - something that might be out of the mouth of a board member? An actual quote perhaps?

Suity
maybe we should stand them down for a week while we hire some investigators to look into it. Anyone got Josh number we still may make the front page.

Stagger eel

Staff member
yep, couldn't see a quote anywhere, that was nothing more than a typical Joshy story full of bias and agenda without a quote from a director.

born an eel

Bench
As I said, in a post you ignored, he isnt on the board, so what can he really tell us?

He also said on more than one occasion he was moving on from 3P after the election.

If he was posting reguarly about gpings pon, I'm sure some would raise eyebrows about the boardroom talking out of turn. Damned if he does, damned if he doesnt.

My other point still stands, if you have questions to ask that are important to you, ask them to board members personally.

I never ignored your post, you made a worthwhile comment but i am working with a very slow computer and was trying to answer the more important comments and didn't feel i need to directly answer you. Sangreal86 made the comment himself about stayinfg around after the election to participate in discussions on these forums, in what capacity, that's up to him. Josh is not a member of the board either but seems to know what goes on behind closed doors. The new board used these forums when they needed support to be elected I do not see why they can not keeps us informed through them now. I don't go to the club much these days so can you ask them a question for me, "What are the results from the investigation and how much did it cost?"

Suitman

Post Whore
I don't go to the club much these days so can you ask them a question for me, "What are the results from the investigation and how much did it cost?"

:lol:
Are you on the internet?? :?
Ask them yourself then. You are surely aware of the ways and means.
Stop playing the dumbarse.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
I never ignored your post, you made a worthwhile comment but i am working with a very slow computer and was trying to answer the more important comments and didn't feel i need to directly answer you. Sangreal86 made the comment himself about stayinfg around after the election to participate in discussions on these forums, in what capacity, that's up to him. Josh is not a member of the board either but seems to know what goes on behind closed doors. The new board used these forums when they needed support to be elected I do not see why they can not keeps us informed through them now. I don't go to the club much these days so can you ask them a question for me, "What are the results from the investigation and how much did it cost?"

I'm not that interested to be bothered. Ask them yourself. Or instead, why don't you realise this is a great opportunity for the club to move forward and prosper - the election is over you know.

Do we really need people sniping the new board?

It was expected of 3P and their supporters that once the election was over, we could all move forward as one.

How about you do the same, rather than chipping in from the sidelines

Suitman

Post Whore
I'm not that interested to be bothered. Ask them yourself. Or instead, why don't you realise this is a great opportunity for the club to move forward and prosper - the election is over you know.

Do we really need people sniping the new board?

It was expected of 3P and their supporters that once the election was over, we could all move forward as one.

How about you do the same, rather than chipping in from the sidelines

**eagerley awaits Highlands Fling to come to defence of former 3P member or attack new board, and eels 81236 to shoot some bullets.**
*Awaits with anticipation*
*Laughs*.

Suity