What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Embarrassing

Jamesy

Juniors
No i'm not talking about the way the Dragons played last nite. I'm talking about the Dragon Army. You should hang your head in shame guys. People say that we did ourselves proud by keeping on singing, even when we were down by 20 points, obviously those people didn't hear what was being sung.

I just had to sit there in disappointment with what was being chanted, it was a blatent attack on Illawarra. I applaud the young fella who stood up and blasted crap out of the main part of the army, and i wish to hell I was wearing my Steelers Heritage jersey. He was making a valid point, which many of us have been trying to make over the last couple of years. The point he was making is this: That is our team out on the paddock, you can't be "SUPPORTERS" if you aren't supporting your team. Why don't you go and follow the Roosters or another team in the NRL. Why pay money to go and watch these games if you're just going to bag them. You can do that from home. I don't care about naming names, but Mark made a comment to the guy about getting lost on his way from Wollongong, that was appalling and just show the "exclusiveness" of the army. There was no need to make a comment like that. Us supporters from the Illawarra should say that to the fans from Kograh that don't travel down to WIN Stadium. I think they don't go there because the don't know how to get there.

Also the guy that took off his jersey and spat on it, that is disgraceful. You guys need to take a good hard look at yourselves. The thing that i found most amusing, and it made the majority of the army look like idiots, is that after half-time, when the boys put on a couple of quick tries, you fired up and forgot about bagging the players and started supporting "your" team. It was as though there was a whole different 17 players on the field, did you forget thaat the same players that you were bagging for about 20 minutes, were the players that started this comeback and scored these tries??? Its funny how the team suddenly become Illawarra when we are losing, or playing bad, but when we put on a couple of quick tries or are winning, they all of a sudden become St George.....But they are never St George Illawarra (excpet on the scoreboard and in the matchday programs)

You guys keep goin on about how the players need to "Shape Up or Ship Out", i think the same goes for you guys. I am sick and tired of having to listen to the crap that you guys go on about.

FFS, WAKE UP AND SUPPORT YOUR TEAM NO MATTER WHAT THE CIRCUMSTANCES ARE, WHETHER WE ARE WINNING, LOSING, PLAYING WELL, OR HAVING A SHOCKER

[-X

Wezman007 said:
No i'm not talking about the way the Dragons played last nite. I'm talking about the Dragon Army. You should hang your head in shame guys. People say that we did ourselves proud by keeping on singing, even when we were down by 20 points, obviously those people didn't hear what was being sung.

I just had to sit there in disappointment with what was being chanted, it was a blatent attack on Illawarra.

Did Go On Home get sung? :lol:

TinghaExpress

Juniors
Wezman u r a dickhead.

The Dragon army is so small becoz no one wants to sit with shitty little illawarra lovers like urself. If we didnt merge i rekon our army would be as good as it was in 90's today.

Its funny how the team suddenly become Illawarra when we are losing, or playing bad, but when we put on a couple of quick tries or are winning, they all of a sudden become St George

Wezman the reason for this is St.George was a successful club, we won 15 premierships and the only thing we new how to do well is win. The first half last nite was a illawarra performance.

RICHO

Juniors
"Illawarra" performance?

What do you expect from guys like Hornby, Bailey, Cooper, Head, Gorrell, Sims, etc.
THEY ARE ILLAWARRA PEOPLE!!!

TinghaExpress said:
Wezman u r a dickhead.

The Dragon army is so small becoz no one wants to sit with shitty little illawarra lovers like urself. If we didnt merge i rekon our army would be as good as it was in 90's today.

Well I dont know about that but I reckon you'd be hearing a lot more of "We'll support you ever more" instead of the bagging if we where stand alone.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Daithi O'Conaill said:
Wezman007 said:

I just had to sit there in disappointment with what was being chanted, it was a blatent attack on Illawarra.

Did Go On Home get sung? :lol:

LOL, yep: "Don't you have a football team of your own??"

Jamesy

Juniors
TinghaExpress said:
Wezman u r a dickhead.

Its funny how the team suddenly become Illawarra when we are losing, or playing bad, but when we put on a couple of quick tries or are winning, they all of a sudden become St George

Wezman the reason for this is St.George was a successful club, we won 15 premierships and the only thing we new how to do well is win. The first half last nite was a illawarra performance.

Mate, for ur info, i was a Dragons fan b4 the merger, but unlike others, i have embraced the merger and unfortunately, i believe it will take a premiership for most others to embrace it also.

drake

First Grade
Typical of the Dragon Elite Social Club.
I don't care how you sell it Ben and Denis, that kind of shit is pathetic, and just makes the opposition supporters laugh. The Bullcheats would rip someone's throat out of they were to support the Dogs the way the "army" supports the modern Dragons.
I'm sure I've heard people in army ask "Where's Changa."
Living in the past.

Wezman007 said:
TinghaExpress said:
Wezman u r a dickhead.

Mate, for ur info, i was a Dragons fan b4 the merger, but unlike others, i have embraced the merger and unfortunately, i believe it will take a premiership for most others to embrace it also.

In this thread you've stated that you're from the Illawarra, that you bought a Steelers jersey and we can see you've got your location listed as "WIN Stadium".

Yeah, you where a Saint before the merger, pull the other one...

Jamesy

Juniors
Mate, believe me if you want, thats why i have a signed team poster of the 1992 Dragons. So because i live in Wollongong, i couldn't have been a Dragons supporter b4 the merger?? :roll: I also own the Dragons heritage jersey, the ANZAC Jersey and last years Charity Shield jersey. It just so happens i wish i was wearing the Steelers one last nite. And on the WIN Stadium matter, where do i live?? i live in Wollongong, and WIN Stadium is my teams home ground that is closest to me.

Wake up to urself Daithi

And also, thanks Drake for the support, you obviously know what i'm talking about.

drake

First Grade
What I don't understand is why they don't call themselves the "Saints army".

Are we going to start dictating how people support their team.

Is this the Steelers MSN group in reverse colours?

By buying a current issued jersey (regardless what's on it) through a supporters store you are supporting your team financially.

Southernsaint

Staff member
drake said:
What I don't understand is why they don't call themselves the "Saints army".

Are we going to start dictating how people support their team.

By buying a current issued jersey (regardless what's on it) through a supporters store you are supporting your team financially.

LOL, not until I start banning people ;-)

Southernsaint

Staff member
drake said:
Typical of the Dragon Elite Social Club.
I don't care how you sell it Ben and Denis, that kind of sh*t is pathetic, and just makes the opposition supporters laugh. The Bullcheats would rip someone's throat out of they were to support the Dogs the way the "army" supports the modern Dragons.
I'm sure I've heard people in army ask "Where's Changa."
Living in the past.

Drake, I was in the thick of it last night & didn't see anyone spit on their Dragons shirt. Maybe I was too busy watching a half-decent fightback.

I did see one mad Saints fan moon a whole bunch of C*nterbury supporters though ;-)

God-King Dean

Immortal
Do the 'St George' fans think this is not embarrassing. It sure as sh*t is for the 'Apologist'. I'm sick of having to put Dragons fans into different catagories. This is a perfect mopportunity for the Sharks fans to come up here & give us sh*t for it, & why shouldn't they, some could call our fans embarrassing.

The pro-St George/Steelers & anti-St George/Steelers arn't giving their full support to the team when they infact make chants to mock their own team, & don't hand me this "I pay for jerseys, I pay to go to games.....etc etc" because that don't make it alright.

If there gonna act this way then they can f**k off & not celebrate when my team wins a premiership

Willow

Assistant Moderator
drake said:
No way. To add to what Southersaint said, we don't ban people or delete their posts simply because they have a view which is different to the Moderators.

I'll leave you gents to it. Debate away...

Jamesy

Juniors
Well Willow, have a good look at your avater, he is one of the main instigators of this disgrace.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
My avatar has a picture of someone who seems to be at every game and gets on TV a lot. Do you have a problem with it?

Jamesy

Juniors
Yeah, he does go to alot of games and is always on TV, apart from Skull, he is probably one of our most famous fans. And no i don't have a problem with your avater.

But whilst being one of the most famous fans (i wouldn't call him a supporter), he is one of the main instigators in the Illawarra bashing that occurs at games.

Mighty Dragon

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
I did see one mad Saints fan moon a whole bunch of C*nterbury supporters though ;-)

LOL, right in front of my face :-&

The reason why it isn't called the "Saints Army" is because even before we merged, it was the Dragon Army.

God-King Dean

Immortal
Good on the guy that gave them the arse, pack of smartarses. I love how we hear it's a 'small minority' that are dickheads. It may be a minority but it's definatly not small

Latest posts