What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England 4N team

roughyedspud

Coach
just watching james graham lead the canterbury team talk....if he's not the england captain then i'll become a kiwi citizen

WireMan

Bench
Can't argue with Graham as captain.

Turner is a no though.
Under any pressure is found wanting.

That and he isn't good enough.

roughyedspud

Coach
im going to a jamie peacock testimonial thing tonight....i'll ask him who he thinks should be england captain..

Rarefrith

Juniors
Tomkins
Charnley
Watkins
Shenton
Hall
Widdop
Smith
Graham
Roby
Hill
Whitehead
Ferres
O'Loughlin

G Burgess
Farrell
McCarthy-Scarsbrook
Clark

Evil Homer

Staff member
Has he been playing well?
He's been alright, I think a lot people these days consider him to be a bit of a flat-track bully who relies on using his physical attributes to dominate his opponents rather than skill or guile, the likes of Watkins, Cudjoe and Shenton are far classier players. I haven't really noticed Atkins all that much TBH and there's not too much hype around him but he does do his bit for Warrington and scores a lot of tries in a strong attacking team. He's the greatest center IN THE WORLD though if you ask WireMan.

JasonE

Bench
I'm not convinced about Charnley, he has been poor whenever he has come up against top opposition. I think Joe Burgess is a better bet for success on the wing and his height makes him another threat under the high ball.
Hall & Burgess would be my wingers, Hardaker & Watkins in the centres.

roughyedspud

Coach
oh no...charnley is a class act.....and burgess is the next in line...burgess is also big enough to play center i might add

and i had a chat with zak at jamie peacocks testimonial last week.....surprised at how big he is...im 6ft & 95kg....and he's bigger than me..a good couple of inches bigger too....damn sight bigger than kallum aswell

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
He's been alright, I think a lot people these days consider him to be a bit of a flat-track bully who relies on using his physical attributes to dominate his opponents rather than skill or guile, the likes of Watkins, Cudjoe and Shenton are far classier players. I haven't really noticed Atkins all that much TBH and there's not too much hype around him but he does do his bit for Warrington and scores a lot of tries in a strong attacking team. He's the greatest center IN THE WORLD though if you ask WireMan.

You haven't noticed him? Couldn't help writing him off, and having a childish dig at the same time though.

It kinda makes your whole post pointless doesn't it?

If he is such a flat track bully, but hasn't actually been out played this year, I guess there are lots of flat tracks in superleague.

Bridge has actually played better this year, but did play a lot as stand off.

Cudjoe is nowhere near good enough, he doesn't do anything well enough.

Shenton is actually the player you described when talking about Atkins but nevermind. You were close I suppose.

Watkins plays right so Atkins chat is pointless. He also doesn't get involved enough. He has the skills but needs to push on or he will end up another Cudjoe.

WireMan

Bench
and i had a chat with zak at jamie peacocks testimonial last week.....surprised at how big he is...im 6ft & 95kg....and he's bigger than me..a good couple of inches bigger too....damn sight bigger than kallum aswell

Did you ask him why he uses homophobic language all the time and gets kicked out of England teams before the world cup? ;-)

goodplayer

Juniors
this is european super league forum. not international forum

england 4 nations team ?

a few england players picked from the NRL

Evil Homer

Staff member
You haven't noticed him? Couldn't help writing him off, and having a childish dig at the same time though.

It kinda makes your whole post pointless doesn't it?

If he is such a flat track bully, but hasn't actually been out played this year, I guess there are lots of flat tracks in superleague.

Bridge has actually played better this year, but did play a lot as stand off.

Cudjoe is nowhere near good enough, he doesn't do anything well enough.

Shenton is actually the player you described when talking about Atkins but nevermind. You were close I suppose.

Watkins plays right so Atkins chat is pointless. He also doesn't get involved enough. He has the skills but needs to push on or he will end up another Cudjoe.
Because I'm such a biased club fan and just hate Warrington :lol:

And of course the 14 stone Shenton is a player who uses his physical superiority rather than skill to dominate opponents :lol:

Jesus Christ, you're priceless.

WireMan

Bench
Because I'm such a biased club fan and just hate Warrington :lol:

And of course the 14 stone Shenton is a player who uses his physical superiority rather than skill to dominate opponents :lol:

Jesus Christ, you're priceless.

What are you dribbling on about?

Face it, you are wrong. You even admitted not watching the player you decided was not good enough. So yeah, your inability to rate a Warrington player has got you here!

When the going got tough, who did Shenton dominate?

He lost at Wembley, lost in France and lost twice in the playoffs.

Maybe if he got bigger he can come close to having a part of his game good enough to even make it a saints never mind England...