What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v Australia @ DW Stadium, Wigan

England v Australia; Who will win (or draw)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TimmyB

Juniors
I like Eastmond, why wasn't he starting in place of Smith? Especially since Smith is off to union anyway.

What's the point of Hayne being there, you didn't see him.

Waste of time.

Why not try putting Slater on the wing and putting Hayne at fullback?

Dragon

Coach
Must've been a hell of a half time talk from Shines...

Would love to see more Enlgish players have a season in the NRL. They do have skill, they just need to get over this immense fear they have.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Gee I love iit how the Poms really loved to float their boat, these commentators are just as bad as the other ones. "Heaps of positives" "If only the game started 40 minutes later" LMFAO. Even Ganson tried to save the match by sending off Thurston, what did he do different to every other situation like that?

I would love a Kiwi ref to ref a kiwi game against Aussie or England, cant be any worse than Ganson.

Bottom line is when you let 5 tries in, in the 1st half you aint gonna win. Even when Australia took their foot off the gas.

TimmyB

Juniors
Oh, the Australians were definitely playing like pricks, don't get me wrong.

I like Tomkins. Gutsy little bastard. Sinfield is an incredibly good footballer. Fantastic vision.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Australia shut up shop after half time. Poms to get similarly smashed next week.
Exactly. Australia were so far ahead they didn't bother to come out in the second half. I can't believe they didn't cover this spread. One of the sickest things that I have seen. Complete bullsh*t.

mxlegend99

Referee
If that's the best referee the Pommies have to offer, then they must be absolutely f*cked. That's 2 weeks in a row that he has been absolutely sh*t... and that's by NRL standards where the referees are already pretty bad.

Some of those penalties and that send off were just absolultely ridiculous. Australia sure sucked in that second half, but the referee wasn't doing them any favours. They deserved to win by a lot bigger margint hen 10 points by how much they dominated that first half. Even with the average second half they should have won by more. The referee made sure that they didn't though.

smacky

Juniors
Fowards went to sleep in the second half. Cant do that against nz. Overall I thought Gallen was our best forward.

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
I wonder if the bashing the Aussies took last week came into play in the second half?? I mean an Australian team failing to kick to touch from a penalty??

England had about 65% of the ball in the second half and played against 12 men in the last ten....no wonder they dominated the second half.

IMO i dont think England have come much further compared to the World Cup last year.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Hindmarsh did what you would expect from him but Gallen was our best player outside GI. The man is a machine.

lockyno1

Post Whore
IMO i dont think England have come much further compared to the World Cup last year.

As I said..can't we just play a best of 5 series against NZ. The two top sides are 4 lengths on the Flemington straight ahead of the rest. Piss this series off and play a best of 3 or 5test series against NS. 3 games in Australia, 2 in NZ, and swap it around each year.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I wonder if the bashing the Aussies took last week came into play in the second half?? I mean an Australian team failing to kick to touch from a penalty??

England had about 65% of the ball in the second half and played against 12 men in the last ten....no wonder they dominated the second half.

Last week had no bearing expect for firing the aussies up at the start of the match.

If you were a cynic you could argue we played the Poms into form to give them some confidence against NZ.

Slater bombed a try. Smith failed to find touch of a penalty. Petro knocked on off a drop kick.

It was a disgraceful effort in the second half. Most of the side didn't look interested.

8Ball

First Grade
As I said..can't we just play a best of 5 series against NZ. The two top sides are 4 lengths on the Flemington straight ahead of the rest. Piss this series off and play a best of 3 or 5test series against NS. 3 games in Australia, 2 in NZ, and swap it around each year.

Hell why not play NSW v QLD at the end of every year and get rid of international football. Idiot...

Latest posts