What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

GongPanther

Referee
That is disgusting. What do their European masters hope to achieve? overnight domination of Australia for something that finished the previous day. Cant believe this BS still goes on and people are not held to account

somebody who has twitter bring it to mascords attention

There should be an investigaaaaation!:lol:

roughyedspud

Coach
Ticket update...England RL just tweeted that wigan have sold 20,000 and london 40,000 and selling fast...

Id bet hull is nigh on sold out

Last edited:

siv

First Grade
Just rang up Foxtel. Apparently there has been a last minute deal and they will be showing the games on foxsports now instead of eurosport. Foxtel guide shall be updated today....will believe it when I am watching it.

Saw a twitter comment from FoxSports after this that they werent showing the game

Evil Homer

Staff member
You Aussies get a taste of the treatment that RL faces on virtually a daily basis in the Northern Hemisphere.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
You Aussies get a taste of the treatment that RL faces on virtually a daily basis in the Northern Hemisphere.

Yet the game is supposedly bigger. TV coverage of the superleague this year was a step up from previous years, yet they don't see the value in broadcasting a big series like this?

I don't get it. Kangaroo caps are coveted and seen as an honour for players, yet there's zero interest in international RL

Evil Homer

Staff member
Yet the game is supposedly bigger. TV coverage of the superleague this year was a step up from previous years, yet they don't see the value in broadcasting a big series like this?

I don't get it. Kangaroo caps are coveted and seen as an honour for players, yet there's zero interest in international RL
There is plenty of interest, just outside influences don't want the sport to succeed.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Why would they acquire the rights only to purposely replace the early morning games at the last minute with Women's Basketball from Ekaterinsburg and Top14 rugby?

I suppose the question is why do we sell the rights to a channel that clearly only wants to bury the sport? It's insane and this is not the first time.

Edit: sent an email to Danny at the RLEF. Will report back on this subject, one that has already been made familiar to him in the past.

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Why would they acquire the rights only to purposely replace the early morning games at the last minute with Women's Basketball from Ekaterinsburg and Top14 rugby?

I suppose the question is why do we sell the rights to a channel that clearly only wants to bury the sport? It's insane and this is not the first time.

Edit: sent an email to Danny at the RLEF. Will report back on this subject, one that has already been made familiar to him in the past.
I'm not sure the RLEF has much to do with this to be honest, I think the series is organized by the RFL and NZRL. You would probably be better off emailing someone at the ARL to inform them that the sport is being buried in Australia of all places.

CC_Roosters

First Grade

Sell??? If their was any monetary value eurosport would be contractually obliged to show it in its entirety. I think fox sports and nine had clauses to show no league during the RUWC, therefore the potential suiters would have been thin so they handed it over to eurosport to carry the bbc fees for zero return!

Evil Homer

Staff member
Sell??? If their was any monetary value eurosport would be contractually obliged to show it in its entirety. I think fox sports and nine had clauses to show no league during the RUWC, therefore the potential suiters would have been thin so they handed it over to eurosport to carry the bbc fees for zero return!
The test series isn't taking place during the RU World Cup, their world cup finishes on Saturday and the test series starts on Sunday.

adamkungl

Immortal
Send some tweets or emails out to anyone that might be able to make a difference here. Fox sports, Ch9, Eurosport, Mascord, the NRL, the RFL, Todd Greenberg.

Someone in one of these organisations has to give a shit...........surely..........

Burns

First Grade
Mascord wrote an article and made series of tweets last night.

Blank screens annoying
The growth in coverage of international football in Australia is tangible, but selective.
While television viewers can see any number of cricket and rugby union games not involving Australia, in rugby league similar privileges seem to be depend on a number of parochial factors.
I am told Sunday's opening England-New Zealand Test will not be on television in Australia at all. In 2015 that is ridiculous.
It's as if the big media decision makers have rugby league pegged as a low-rent, east-coast suburban market, to which you can flog mixed drinks and punting – and they have no higher ambitions for the demographic whatsoever. That's where rugby league belongs and that's where it stays.
Season over, we can use other vehicles to reach this market. We don't need rugby league any more. England v New Zealand is clearly for real sports, not bogan ball.
Yet, if it involves the Pacific, where the NRL can get government funding, we're all over it like a rash.
We saw Pacific Tests that counted for nothing earlier this year on Fox with strong teams and all the bells and whistles. Yet when Lebanon play South Africa for an actual World Cup spot, the game's publicity machine grinds to a halt.
Lebanon were told NRL promotional support relied on them playing a Pacific country. Why? The possible reasons all seem quite cynical indeed.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/why-the-southern-hemisphere-countries-dominate-the-rugby-codes-20151029-gkln3z.html

Also on The Roar site, http://www.theroar.com.au/2015/10/30/mascord-test-tv-blackout-watershed/ Recommend reading, really takes Australian attitudes to task.

Brad Walter, sports journo of Sydney Morning Hearld giving his throught via tweet - https://twitter.com/BradWalterSMH/status/659719674679029760

Andrew Voss, perhaps with tongue in cheek says only way Australians can see game is with a plane ticket https://twitter.com/AndrewVossy/status/659831282461904896

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
International football will never be as big as Origin
image.jpg

Latest posts