What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

England v New Zealand ** news & injury thread **

kiwileaguefan

Juniors
By "down under" i was aiming it mainly at NZ viewers

The first test is at a reasonable time.....but the other two tests!?!!?

Good to see the Kiwis are getting some press back here in NZ...especially considering the kick and clap World Cup final is on this weekend...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/league...-in-kiwis-squad-says-star-prop-jesse-bromwich

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11536335

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11536021

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11535851

Burns

First Grade
Press coverage from NRL.com has been good too, not surprising given Steve Mascord is the embedded journo. There's been little in the Australian papers however.

Anyone know when the teams are named for Sunday?

morningstar

Juniors
Just rang up Foxtel. Apparently there has been a last minute deal and they will be showing the games on foxsports now instead of eurosport. Foxtel guide shall be updated today....will believe it when I am watching it.

GongPanther

Referee
Just rang up Foxtel. Apparently there has been a last minute deal and they will be showing the games on foxsports now instead of eurosport. Foxtel guide shall be updated today....will believe it when I am watching it.

The Rugby World Cup overlaps the start of the England V NZ League test match.So there is a shitfight going on to prevent the league game from being shown on any Fox programming.

If it gets shown on Eurosports TV,I'd be surprised...in fact,on Sunday morning,they have at 3:45 a.m.,"Women's Champions League"

I'm going to watch the Eng V NZ test on BBC,so bugger 'em.

Seriously,the NRL need to setup their own NRL online channel.I'll happily pay $30 per month to watch league if they supply it.

The NRL should team up with another emerging internet giant in TPG instead of that degenerative bloodsucker of a company called Telstra.

morningstar

Juniors
The games are on different days though. RUWC final is on the 31st October. First test match is on 1st November.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
The Rugby World Cup overlaps the start of the England V NZ League test match.So there is a shitfight going on to prevent the league game from being shown on any Fox programming.

If it gets shown on Eurosports TV,I'd be surprised...in fact,on Sunday morning,they have at 3:45 a.m.,"Women's Champions League"

I'm going to watch the Eng V NZ test on BBC,so bugger 'em.

Seriously,the NRL need to setup their own NRL online channel.I'll happily pay $30 per month to watch league if they supply it.

The NRL should team up with another emerging internet giant in TPG instead of that degenerative bloodsucker of a company called Telstra.

Union is on saturday

Ebgland v nz on sunday so different days.

Still very strange they list the 2nd and 3rd test but the 1st haa disappeared.

GongPanther

Referee
The games are on different days though. RUWC final is on the 31st October. First test match is on 1st November.

Q/ Why are Eurosport dumping on the broadcast?

A/ So it doesn't steal the Union's thunder.:lol:

(especially if the final turns into a lemon and NZ give Aust a fist-beating):lol:

hutch

First Grade
I've gotten up at all hours to watch international rugby league over the years. It has always been broadcast, whether it was on fox sports, nine or 7 mate. Why is this this any different? Are Foxtel just spitting the dummy over the NRL rights?

Last edited:

Sinman

Juniors
yeah I checked and it has disappeared.. crazy if they don't show it.. I was really excited!! no vision for the future!!

GongPanther

Referee
Everyone should boycott the Rugby Test final.

I don't watch it myself.But this pull of this match can be nothing more than a choice by those Rugby powerbrokers in London.

The reaction by league fans should be a huge one given that a sporting body as effectively prevented a test match from being viewed in another country.

Burns

First Grade
Sam Tomkins is out for the series, source is England RL Facebook and Twitter. I'm not sure if it's that bad to be honest.

roughyedspud

Coach
Sam Tomkins is out for the series, source is England RL Facebook and Twitter. I'm not sure if it's that bad to be honest.

Its made macbananas job easier thats for sure..

Can we replace tomkins?? Given the series hasn't started..

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
Ah! I told you all: Eurosport has the rights, they even thought about showing it, yet someone has stepped in to stop it happening.

Eurosport = TF1 Group = Rugbyrama, a rugby union website with a very anti-rugby league slant, publishing rare articles on league in a subsection of their website so as to show that it exists, but is a sub-category of union. Almost always publish negative stories - Melbourne salary cap, French team getting flogged, dangerous tackles, throwing a ball into the crowd, general stupidity, whilst completely ignoring the Dragons, them getting to Wembley etc. A clear as day editorial filter to discredit rugby league.