What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis is a pretender

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
I'm a Tigers fan but seen plenty of Ennis. I just want to know if you guys really rate him. For mine, he's a talentless hack unfit to tie Farah's boots. Misses a ton of tackles, ineffective one on one, doesn't offer creativity at dummy, kicking is ordinary. I can't see one area of his game where he possibly matches Farah. Robbie is a tough as a brick outhouse and might might just match his there.

Like the hear some valid opinions

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Farah is a much better club footballer but didnt take his chances in Origin. not only did he not take his chances in origin, he made awefull mistakes. For that reason he was rightfully dropped.

so In game 3 last year they put Ennis in who did nothing flashy but got the job done. I dont really see the hype of all the niggle people talk about. Its hardly an attribute, sounds good in theory but doesnt do much. AS they had a proper 7 and 6 that game, Ennis didnt need to do anything in attack and did his job. In Game 1 this year, you might start to think Farah is the option as the halves were ordinary and had nothing to fall back on.

I dont know if all that jazz about Ennis being an origin footballer is that true, but he fits into what NSW are looking for. Farah will get his chance again in origin im sure.

Bulldog Force

Referee
All I'm going to say on the matter is that the whole team is having a shocker this year, and it's unfair to single out 1 player!

dinko

Juniors
All this "suited to origin" talk is beyond me, Last night was further proof that Bellayche has NFI. The Dogs made a total of 325 tackles of which Ennis was responsible for 23 and four missed tackles on the other hand the Tigers made a combined tally of 285 tackles of which Farah was responsible for 44 of those tackles and missed a measly two. Ennis in actual essence is nothing but a grub who spoke himself up for the position and garnered support through the Bulldogs supporters group. Might i add that Farah scored a try last night and did not go over the top like Ennis did when he scored the first time these teams played. Farah is a true professional/captain i could only hope the selectors get it right this time and select Farah at 9 and captain and dispel any talk of this myth known as Ennis in the future.

ShanghaiCharlie

Juniors
All I'm going to say on the matter is that the whole team is having a shocker this year, and it's unfair to single out 1 player!

It's not just Ennis' form this year I'm talking about. It's last year and pre-Dogs. I actually think he's improved this year! I'd love to hear any possible positives to his game....... his...er...strengths....

jimmythehand

Juniors
Ennis biggest strengths are probably his tenacity and never-say-die attitude. he gets up in attackers faces, puts pressure on kickers, has great enthusiasm, and can be creative in attack on a good day.

Unfortunately he does lack in execution. His kicks can be awful, he can miss tackles and he can take poor options. When he's in good form this doesn't happen as much, but he's far from a consistent top line player.

My opinion on Farah is that he's a little bit better than most other hookers, but he's hardly a walk-up start for a NSW spot.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
If you want to have a Farah c***sucking party, do it in the Tigers forum. Thread moved.

Last edited:
All this "suited to origin" talk is beyond me, Last night was further proof that Bellayche has NFI. The Dogs made a total of 325 tackles of which Ennis was responsible for 23 and four missed tackles on the other hand the Tigers made a combined tally of 285 tackles of which Farah was responsible for 44 of those tackles and missed a measly two. Ennis in actual essence is nothing but a grub who spoke himself up for the position and garnered support through the Bulldogs supporters group. Might i add that Farah scored a try last night and did not go over the top like Ennis did when he scored the first time these teams played. Farah is a true professional/captain i could only hope the selectors get it right this time and select Farah at 9 and captain and dispel any talk of this myth known as Ennis in the future.

You know you're whinging when you put the exact same post in two different threads.

Timmah

Staff member
It wasn't legit, it was an obvious ploy from a Tigers fan (you) to blow smoke up Farah's arse. By your own fans' admission, Ennis wasn't bad last night and from memory only missed one or two tackles. Asking for valid opinions after sharing an openly biased one is f**king hilarious.

As I said, if you want a Farah Fellatio party, have it here.

Timmah

Staff member
NSW can get f**ked.
Let them keep picking the hacks and morons they currently are please
Let the 34 players belt the sh*t out of eachother whilst the tigers players have beer and pizza night in what is a glorified TV ratings/exhibition match that counts for f**king nothing.
Who really gives a f**k who wins origin ? I couldn't give a f**k if NSW lose 100 series on the bounce if the TIgers win another comp.
f**k cheering for canterbury, st george, manly f**king spastics
Robbie Farah - State of Origin appearances: 2. Record: L L
Michael Ennis - State of Origin appearances: 2. Record W L

1/2 > 0/2

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It wasn't legit, it was an obvious ploy from a Tigers fan (you) to blow smoke up Farah's arse. By your own fans' admission, Ennis wasn't bad last night and from memory only missed one or two tackles. Asking for valid opinions after sharing an openly biased one is f**king hilarious.

As I said, if you want a Farah Fellatio party, have it here.
Tim, this thread is just as much at home in the dogs forum as it is in the tigers forum.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter Tim, every other forum has it and allows it.

Just suck it up and deal with it.

By all means, come into the tigers forum and start a thread bagging Farah if you want.

By that logic....

Ben Farrar, the Manly fullback, is better than Jarryd Hayne or Josh Dugan because he plays in a team which has won more this season.

Heh, did you notice how I had to tell you which team he's from and what position he plays.

Timmah

Staff member
Heh, did you notice how I had to tell you which team he's from and what position he plays.

Forgive my ignorance, wtf is this about? :lol:

BTW, your comparison is rubbish, Origin and club footy are completely different.

typicalfan

Coach
In all fairness it isn't the 7 and 9 that is the problem for the Bulldogs. I really don't understand some of their selections. For starters their forward pack lacks impact no strike forwards except for maybe Hannant on his day and Gordon every now and then. Problem is Hannant is only just returning from serious injury.

Secondly from the outside looking in I don't understand why Ben Barba has been excluded from the 17. With both Blake Green and Joel Romelo the team lacks variety in the halves and off the bench, Barba has been the best bench player this year.

No forwards to lay a platform and no variety or creativity around them and you suddenly have a predictable team.

I think Ennis is still playing ok considering the circumstances and Noddy is the most aggressive defender in the team trying to lead by example.