What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis the menace

Hutty1986

Immortal
If Ennis gets picked for NSW we will get hammered (again). Absolute grub, right up there in the dog category with the likes of Matai and co

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Ennis doesn't have any football ability, so he has to be good at something - in his case its sledging. The media runs with this as if its some sort of achievement, and he is put on a pedestal as a tough, hard man. This therefore makes him "built for Origin" as Laurie Daley would say.

Reality is Ennis is a grub and most importantly a coward who talks the talk and then hides behind bigger players when the fists come out.

I'd also rather see Gidley at hooker for NSW than Ennis. Even though I don't rate Gidley he was far better at hooker in his short stint there for NSW than Ennis ever was.

Doga

Juniors
Ennis doesn't have any football ability, so he has to be good at something - in his case its sledging. The media runs with this as if its some sort of achievement, and he is put on a pedestal as a tough, hard man. This therefore makes him "built for Origin" as Laurie Daley would say.

Reality is Ennis is a grub and most importantly a coward who talks the talk and then hides behind bigger players when the fists come out.

I'd also rather see Gidley at hooker for NSW than Ennis. Even though I don't rate Gidley he was far better at hooker in his short stint there for NSW than Ennis & Farah ever was.

Let's be honest. Farah was one of QLD's best a couple years back

gUt

Coach
News just in: hooker does what hookers are supposed to do and have always done.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Let's be honest. Farah was one of QLD's best a couple years back

One admittedly very poor game, in which he played injured. But this isn't about Farah.

This is about Ennis being a coward and a grub. I can't stand Sandow but watching him belt Ennis was priceless. Unlucky for him that day that there was no prop to hide behind.

Doga

Juniors
One admittedly very poor game, in which he played injured. But this isn't about Farah.

This is about Ennis being a coward and a grub. I can't stand Sandow but watching him belt Ennis was priceless. Unlucky for him that day that there was no prop to hide behind.

Farah was terrible in 2 SOO games. Don't be fooled by the ricochet kick fluke that somehow turned into a try. Wing came on that game and schooled Robbie.

Ennis does what is needed. He won the game for the Dogs on the weekend. Ennis is a sledger & a niggling player. That doesn't make someone a grub.

A grubby player would be someone like Dean Young who knows where the line is and jumps over (allegedly) it with racial abuse.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Farah was terrible in 2 SOO games. Don't be fooled by the ricochet kick fluke that somehow turned into a try. Wing came on that game and schooled Robbie.

This isn't about Farah.

Ennis does what is needed. He won the game for the Dogs on the weekend. Ennis is a sledger & a niggling player. That doesn't make someone a grub.

The fact that you think Ennis won you that game against Parra is sad, and sums him up as a player. He has absolutely nothing except sledging. Where most would consider actual football skills as reasons a player would win you a game, Ennis apparently wins games by opening his mouth, and getting his face punched in.

Ennis is the perfect example of a grub. Opens his mouth and loves talking crap, and loves cheap shots like pushing players in the back, throwing elbows in tackles, pushing hands in faces when players are being tackles etc.

Yet as soon as someone faces up to him and the fists come out he hides like a little girl. His Origin episode summed him up perfectly - gave away a crucial penalty being the dropkick that he is, opened his mouth sledging again, and then when someone had enough and started throwing punches he found the biggest player on his team to hide behind like a spineless coward.

There is a difference between someone who niggles and someone who has nothing else besides niggling and the latter is what Ennis is. A very limited player with a big mouth.

A grubby player would be someone like Dean Young who knows where the line is and jumps over (allegedly) it with racial abuse.

Young might be a very limited player, and a niggler but he is nowhere near the grub that Ennis is. I bet if someone stood up to Young and wanted to punch his lights out he wouldn't hide behind one of his forwards.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: A Tigers fan comes in baiting Dogs fans about Ennis and it "isn't about Farah" :lol:

Doga

Juniors
This isn't about Farah.

U knobs mention Origin & Farah and other hookers and then run away saying it is not about them

The fact that you think Ennis won you that game against Parra is sad, and sums him up as a player.

Obviously there is more to Ennis' game then sledging. In 09 he was the 2nd best hooker in the game with his direct style of play. Lately he has gone away from that and has not been as effective.

Ennis is the perfect example of a grub. Opens his mouth and loves talking crap, and loves cheap shots like pushing players in the back, throwing elbows in tackles, pushing hands in faces when players are being tackles etc.

Pushing players in the back - every hooker does that in the ruck to get a quick play the ball. You clearly are a biased idiot.

I have never seen Ennis throw an elbow in a tackle.You are just making things up now. I challenge you to show me an Ennis elbow.

Pushing hands in faces? what does that even mean?

There is a difference between someone who niggles and someone who has nothing else besides niggling and the latter is what Ennis is. A very limited player with a big mouth.

That is just Tiger bias right there. Everything you people say comes down to Robbie

Young might be a very limited player, and a niggler but he is nowhere near the grub that Ennis is. I bet if someone stood up to Young and wanted to punch his lights out he wouldn't hide behind one of his forwards.

How do you know this. Your hatred for Ennis/love for Farah drives you to make things up. If racism isn't grubby then we should just stop here

hybrid_tiger

Coach
U knobs mention Origin & Farah and other hookers and then run away saying it is not about them

I did not mention Farah in this thread, you did. I said I would rather Gidley at hooker than Ennis.

Obviously there is more to Ennis' game then sledging. In 09 he was the 2nd best hooker in the game with his direct style of play. Lately he has gone away from that and has not been as effective.

2nd best hooker in the game? :lol:

You basically admitted that you think Ennis' sledging won you the game against Parramatta. That is laughable.

Pushing players in the back - every hooker does that in the ruck to get a quick play the ball. You clearly are a biased idiot.

I have never seen Ennis throw an elbow in a tackle.You are just making things up now. I challenge you to show me an Ennis elbow.

Pushing hands in faces? what does that even mean?

Not in the ruck, look at the Hindmarsh incident before punches were thrown. Look at the Sandow incident when he comes carrying on like a pork chop and throwing his elbow into Sandow's neck after he had kicked.

How do you know this. Your hatred for Ennis/love for Farah drives you to make things up. If racism isn't grubby then we should just stop here

I doubt many players who are tough enough to survive the rigors of the NRL on a week to week basis would shy from throwing a few punches, but Ennis is clearly a different breed. He is a spineless cat and he has proven this on many occasions. The evidence is there for all to see - he hid behind a prop forward when a fight broke out that he started. If that is not a low, grub act then what is?

aqua_duck

Coach
Seriously can someone find a clip of Steve Matai taking the cat's head off?

The most glaring example of Ennis' cowardice was a game 2 years ago, Matt Hilder spear tackled a dogs player and Ennis was the 1st player in trying to escalate the situation, a few minutes later Steve Simpson and Richie Fa'aoso did the same thing and surprise surprise Ennis didn't try to start any sh*t that time around. Funny watching him try start Myles when he was on the ground but as soon as Myles got up Ennis didn't want any part of it, was happy to concede a penalty and lose NSW the game though

Latest posts