What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ennis the menace

Didgi

You dont remember farah being a dog and throwing punches while the other player is packed in the scrum

:lol: As a Cowboys fan Watts started that, stupid point.

Butthurt Dogs fans is much better than Eels fans imo. Tigers fans turning it into another Farah debate just makes it better.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Comparing a weak little grub like Ennis to a hard-working clubman like Dean Young.. you have got to be kidding!!

RHCP

Bench
Farah and Ennis is so 2010.

The Dugan is insulted that nobody has mentioned his dominance over Jarryd Hayne.

BM1979

Juniors
I guess that justifies Matai's coat hanger on Ennis, since he loss us that game 3

Fair Enough then but i dont think Ennis is a messiah of a player that can do no wrong, in our team i prefer Ennis cause he suits our style , i know Farah is a better overall player but he is seriously nowhere near as good as the Tigers fan think he is.

Origin proved to me what he is , a very good Club Footballer , i dont think he will ever excel at the higher levels.

PS i have a soft spot for the Tigers (Magpies actually , f**k the Tigers) and Farah is actually one of my fave players to watch but the manlove on here by Tigers fans for him is rediculous.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Fair Enough then but i dont think Ennis is a messiah of a player that can do no wrong, in our team i prefer Ennis cause he suits our style , i know Farah is a better overall player but he is seriously nowhere near as good as the Tigers fan think he is.

Origin proved to me what he is , a very good Club Footballer , i dont think he will ever excel at the higher levels.

PS i have a soft spot for the Tigers (Magpies actually , f**k the Tigers) and Farah is actually one of my fave players to watch but the manlove on here by Tigers fans for him is rediculous.

Please you are judging his rep carear by the 2 origin games he has played. That's like starting a new job and instead of getting the 3 months probation period, you get the sack after 2 days.

God some of you have no clue.

Doga

Juniors
I did not mention Farah in this thread, you did. I said I would rather Gidley at hooker than Ennis.

Clearly a tactic employed by every Tiger fn. Name every hooker under the sun and state they are better than Ennis.

2nd best hooker in the game? :lol:
In 09. Yes. Origin illustrated this as did the end of season awards

You basically admitted that you think Ennis' sledging won you the game against Parramatta. That is laughable.

No. It contributed. Helped sway the momentum in our direction.

Not in the ruck, look at the Hindmarsh incident before punches were thrown.

You mean where they shoulder each other FROM THE FRONT. I Capped that as you claimed he shouldered him from the back. Clearly you are a liar and did not even see the incident.

I doubt many players who are tough enough to survive the rigors of the NRL on a week to week basis would shy from throwing a few punches, but Ennis is clearly a different breed.

lol You need to watch Ennis play more. Either making things up or lying

He is a spineless cat and he has proven this on many occasions. The evidence is there for all to see - he hid behind a prop forward when a fight broke out that he started. If that is not a low, grub act then what is?

So hows Farahs ball bag taste?

Hutty1986

Immortal
Farah sh*ts all over Ennis from a great height. Better player and isn't a dirty grub either. A couple of poor games in that disgrace of an 09 SOO series (the first two games anyway) shouldn't rule the bloke out.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Back to the grub theme, surely we can pull together an All-Star team of grubs if we tried. I reckon for every modern day grub, there were 5 or 6 back in the 60's and 70's. Let me begin:

1. Garry Jack - master of the dirt & cheap shot, rarely got caught till he ran into Ian Roberts one day....honourable mention to Graham Eadie.

2. Hoppa Senior - whether it be fingers in dates, the facial, or just sledging, this guy had it all!

3. Inglis - quiet assuming fella till he slapped his missus about.

4. Andrew Farrar - the grubs grub. This fella had very little ability or speed for a centre, but compensated with dirt. Got him to rep level.

5. Peter Diamond - never saw this fella play, but from what I'm told he loved nothing better than a king hit in back play. Monster Magpies winger i the 60's.

6. Terry Lamb - ask Ellery Hanley .....won the Dogs a Grand Final through his grubbiness, despite being a champion player.

7. Anthony Watts - no introduction required.

8. <Need help on front row - too many to name!>

9. I've plumped for Mark Bugden, but could inset Ennis, Back Door Benny Elias and others in this hotly contested position.

10. <Help on the front row for - too many to name!>

11. Robert Stone - the phantom biter in the St George scrum of the 70's. Holds his own in any squad of grubs.

12. Willie Mason - happy for alternatives.

13. Grub Bird for his outstanding portrayal of glassing your bird and then trying to stitch it on you best mate.

I'm sure there are plenty I've missed, apologies to those grubs I may have offended. This squad would aim up in any contest. Maybe someone can come up with Grub of Origin Squads?

Doga

Juniors
Back to the grub theme, surely we can pull together an All-Star team of grubs if we tried. I reckon for every modern day grub, there were 5 or 6 back in the 60's and 70's. Let me begin:

1. Garry Jack - master of the dirt & cheap shot, rarely got caught till he ran into Ian Roberts one day....honourable mention to Graham Eadie.

2. Hoppa Senior - whether it be fingers in dates, the facial, or just sledging, this guy had it all!

3. Inglis - quiet assuming fella till he slapped his missus about.

4. Andrew Farrar - the grubs grub. This fella had very little ability or speed for a centre, but compensated with dirt. Got him to rep level.

5. Peter Diamond - never saw this fella play, but from what I'm told he loved nothing better than a king hit in back play. Monster Magpies winger i the 60's.

6. Terry Lamb - ask Ellery Hanley .....won the Dogs a Grand Final through his grubbiness, despite being a champion player.

7. Anthony Watts - no introduction required.

8. <Need help on front row - too many to name!>

9. I've plumped for Mark Bugden, but could inset Ennis, Back Door Benny Elias and others in this hotly contested position.

10. <Help on the front row for - too many to name!>

11. Robert Stone - the phantom biter in the St George scrum of the 70's. Holds his own in any squad of grubs.

12. Willie Mason - happy for alternatives.

13. Grub Bird for his outstanding portrayal of glassing your bird and then trying to stitch it on you best mate.

I'm sure there are plenty I've missed, apologies to those grubs I may have offended. This squad would aim up in any contest. Maybe someone can come up with Grub of Origin Squads?

You need to look at the abc footage

Steel Dragon

Bench
Re Ennis: I cant recall any other players bringing Hindmarsh's work rate to 0 for 10 minutes without actually injuring him.

It goes to show that footy is actually a very mental game. Anyone who can get Petero AND Nathan off their games must be a pretty handy sledger indeed.
Is it illegal? No. Is it in the spirit of the game? Probably not, but the Tommy Raudonikises of the old school game would be loving it!