What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

CrazyEel

Bench
Fathead said:
Did I read that someone said that Hagan said post match that he thought Ben Snith played OK ....OMG
No, he did not say that, he never mentioned Ben Smith at all.

Hellsy

Immortal
Where the fkn thread about why Eric was left on his own on the wing about 3 or 4 times last night???
What the hell were Finch and Ben and Feleti doing to put him in that position??

Yes he dropped balls...... did you happen to notice alot of them dropped freakin balls last night??

Our go forward would be seriously fkn screwed if Eric was playing, anyone have stats on metres gained?? I'd like to stack it up against the 'FORWARDS' in our team...

Seriuolsy, Eric didn't play that well... but there were so many that didnt play well last night, why do we have to pin it on Eric each week??

Bigfella

Coach
I'll say it again ... if Eric didn;t play last night it would have been far uglier.

If our forwards put in the effort in attack he does we would have won by 20 points.

There are issues down that wing, but I honestly believe that they are stemming even further inside Ben.

It seems that a two pass shift from mid field gives the opposition an automatic overlap. Finch and whoever defends next to him, sometimes Wagon, sometimes Tim, sometimes Cayless, at times Hindy, are way too far apart.

I read somewhere on another thread someone bagging Grothe for being infield on the kick try.

If he had stayed on his wing - the gap between him and Smith would seriously have been 20 metres? Could he really be expected to do that?

And yes he dropped one high ball under a contested bomb - anyone can do that and it didn't lead to a try.

But at least he wasn't dropping cold possession early in tackles like some of his mates.

Eric is essential to this team. Maybe if that defensive line needs tweaking (which it does) he could be moved to the bench and come on for impact, but without his go forward we are seriously stuffed. Personally I think whoever you stick outside those infield defenders will struggle. Ben Smith does and most of us agree that he is one of the best tacklers in the game.

Bazal

Post Whore
What you pathetically narrow viewed Grothe haters failed to mention is that fact that he made 118m, more than any forward bar Cayless

V1er

Juniors
Perhaps changing the centre's around would be an idea, the problem with smith and grothe is still there and it isnt improving so the next step is to break them up.

Parra Guru

Coach
Utey said:
I hear you JTB...

:lol: :lol:

I guess people only see what they want to. I don't know what's going on in the middle of the park for Eric to be stuck with 3 players to defend, but because he is the widest, it must be his fault.

I know he definately has his faults, but he is not responsible for every try that happens on his side of the field.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And once again Bigfella makes a great intelligent post. Well said. Grothe 118m's how many did the great Moi Moi make JTB???????

CrazyEel

Bench
Try as I may I just don't get some of you people. :roll:

The sad truth is a bloody winger runs harder, more aggressively and makes more metres through hitups than most of the forwards. FFs we wouldn't get out of our own 20 if it wasn't for Grothe. And as for the defensive deficiencies if you weren't all so narrow minded you could look through a keyhole with 2 eyes you'd see the problems being caused by those inside him.

You all keep carrying on about him coming in but won't acknowledge if he didn't the opposing centre would be strolling over the line untouched anyway.

Regardless of deficiencies you want to harp on about he is the very least of our problems, if the forwards did their job he wouldn't be subjected to those situations so consistently anyway.

Why on earth do you think we are on our own bloody line so damn much in the first place?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
CrazyEel said:
Try as I may I just don't get some of you people. :roll:

The sad truth is a bloody winger runs harder, more aggressively and makes more metres through hitups than most of the forwards. FFs we wouldn't get out of our own 20 if it wasn't for Grothe. And as for the defensive deficiencies if you weren't all so narrow minded you could look through a keyhole with 2 eyes you'd see the problems being caused by those inside him.

You all keep carrying on about him coming in but won't acknowledge if he didn't the opposing centre would be strolling over the line untouched anyway.

Regardless of deficiencies you want to harp on about he is the very least of our problems, if the forwards did their job he wouldn't be subjected to those situations so consistently anyway.

Why on earth do you think we are on our own bloody line so damn much in the first place?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

parra pete

Referee
Eric Grothe Juniors problem is under the high ball.
He couldn't catch EI at Centenniel Park....
He is great at running the ball out..and from dummy half, but the old heart is in the mouth when the ball moves out a long his wing and he is moving in.
A kick behind him results in a try 9 times out of 10.
Hayne needs to be on the wing. He is not a fullback. Switch him with Krisnan.

Latest posts