What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Parra Guru

Coach
fire up strider! :lol:

JTB, seriously get over this thing with Eric. Really stinks of double standards.

All Fui has to do is turn up and fart for you to give him 3 votes in the player thread. He could have a Vatuvei like game and you'd still vote for him.

COACH STERLING said:
Who are yo to call me a pig you monkey.

In the past you have mentioned players like Nathan Hindmarsh & Eric Grothe not being up to first grade standard. if anything you should be called "racist"

All I was suggesting is you have a preference for the darker looking player. Hardly racist at all.

Have I ever said Hindmarsh is not up to firstgrade standard??? No u dick, get ur facts right.

Luke Burt is my favourite back U tool. Inu f**ked up tonight too.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
join the bandwagon said:
Have I ever said Hindmarsh is not up to firstgrade standard??? No u dick, get ur facts right.

Luke Burt is my favourite back U tool. Inu f**ked up tonight too.

You said he was the most overated player ever and shouldnt be playing for Parra. This is a club great who will be inducted as a parra immortal when he retires. ...........MONKEY

Bazal

Post Whore
join the bandwagon said:
Thanks for grounding the ball champ

Even my young blokes under 12's team know how to swap the ball over to the side from where the defenders you. You are the most awkward footballer I have ever seen. All you need to do is tuck the ball under and slide. Even his first try he nearly lost it.
Yeah, Eric's inpetitude made Cronk knock the ball from his hands, it's all Erics fault :roll: You're absolutely pathetic, honestly. I get the feeling your young blokes under 12's side is actually your side to be honest. Although that may be giving you a little too much credit based on the intelligence you've shown in this thread.

Pazza

First Grade
wing is a very hard place to defend, i feel sorry for any winger when he has to make a decision when 2 or 3 players are coming at him

COACH STERLING said:
You said he was the most overated player ever and shouldnt be playing for Parra. This is a club great who will be inducted as a parra immortal when he retires. ...........MONKEY

i dont like you junior

ROCCOE3

Juniors
eels81236 said:
I disagree.

I think everyone here would agree that he is highly inconsistent, for reasons only known to Eric. Call me crazy, but I feel that his aggression can lead to his downfall when on a kick return or worse still, in general play.
Eric loves contact with the defence. I've noticed recently that he often approaches the defencive line looking to bump them off with his chest, jink left and/or right and then carry on. At his best he hits the defence, bumps and carries on in a directly forward direction, often resulting in the proverbial "running over the top of". Not propping at the line, however slight it may be, enables the defence to gang tackle him.
Eric initiating contact with his upper body and ensuing struggle enable 2nd and 3rd defenders into the tackle. He hasn't had a chance to lower his centre of gravity and he can easily be pushed back 5 of the 15 metres he just made.
I often feel that the metres gained stats for Eric can be a little deceiving. Due to the fact that he is often gang tackled, he is often pushed onto his back with three or four defenders on him. This results in an extremely slow play the ball. Eric doesnt go through the process of playing the ball at speed at the best of times and when he rushes I shudder as we all know his hands can be suspect at times.

I'm certainly no expert, but these are just my opinions.

I like your opinions eels81236.

Look Eric has been marked as a major theat by all clubs which means he is marked and tackled in large numbers.

You have to take a step back and ask yourself who is the strongest 1 on 1 player (in attack) in the comp.... I beat Eric is up there if not the most feared by players.

I know I would hate to try and stop him! + in 60m he can cut down the fastest players in the comp with a 10m start!!! Am i wrong?

strider

Post Whore
oh wow - good work - u r so cool ..... better get one ready for every other player in the team too cos they r all sh*t atm

Gary Freeman summarised it all when his fellow panelists brought up Eric Grothe's woes.

He just raised his arms, shrugged and said "What is he doing?''

strider

Post Whore
well yeah - gary freeman is a complete tool - but it figures u want to use him for your arguement :lol:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
thats about the only thing that saves him, maybe he should get a run in the back row for a change, he is a defensive liability on the wing

hineyrulz

Post Whore
B Smith was far worse than Grothe tonight, nothing in attack and at least 3 dropped balls. Lets start a thread on him :roll:

Parra Guru

Coach
lol, I saw plenty of occasions where Eric was left to mark 3 players tonight, so that must make him a sh*t defender. Not the 2 blokes playing inside him.

Fathead

Bench
Did I read that someone said that Hagan said post match that he thought Ben Snith played OK ....OMG

Latest posts