What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex-Warriors NRL performance thread

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Think we may have seen better from him if Flanagan was still at the Sharks, he ended up with another unproven, rookie coach that won’t improve his game

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Imagine if someone had said a year or so ago that getting rid of SJ was the right move but lettering CNK go was a huge mistake.

JJ

Immortal
I don't think either was a good move tbh - but in Kearney we trust

Johnson is a bit saddening tbh, his talent is undeniable, but he's handled it poorly, and been advised poorly... I know high profile types love to do it, but you can't carefully cultivate a public image and then whine about all the attention (or at least only the negative part of it)

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
The way it was handled was bad but the club was essentially right on SJ- he wasn’t worth retaining on his former salary. And in hindsight I don’t think he was ever gonna accept a pay cut to what he’s actually worth. He’s a $700k player at best, not a $1M one.

Big Marn

Juniors
I don't think either was a good move tbh - but in Kearney we trust

Johnson is a bit saddening tbh, his talent is undeniable, but he's handled it poorly, and been advised poorly... I know high profile types love to do it, but you can't carefully cultivate a public image and then whine about all the attention (or at least only the negative part of it)
hes the worst kind of player. Has this amazing and rare talent that other players would sell their soul for, but makes a conscious choice to waste it.

JJ

Immortal
Yep, I agree with you both... just shouldn't have worked out like this, both he and the club are to blame... he's far from the only good young talent that didn't develop as they might have with us

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yep, I agree with you both... just shouldn't have worked out like this, both he and the club are to blame... he's far from the only good young talent that didn't develop as they might have with us
I still feel like that broken leg against Manly while he was scoring a try was the worst thing that could have happened. Was in a good groove up until then and then came back from that injury super gun shy

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I still feel like that broken leg against Manly while he was scoring a try was the worst thing that could have happened. Was in a good groove up until then and then came back from that injury super gun shy

yep was never quite the same after that. Kinda like Kevin Locke when he collided with that goalpost scoring his hat trick vs Easts, he seemed to always have injury issues from that point and his mental demons got the better of him.