What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion only exists to increase revenue & juniors..

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Yeh all those people paying $50-100 to attend nrl games in perth are imaginary.

15k avg and 20k members is conservative imo. And being on the ground here I probably have better idea that someone on the east coast (isnt that how the argument goes?)
So, hamburger brain, one off games are different to full seasons.

You're losing the very small amount of credibility you have by inflating figures. This is not your fellow afl cult members you're dealing with where you can just come up with any figure and get believed.

And I'm not on the east coast genius.

Perth Red

Post Whore
So, hamburger brain, one off games are different to full seasons.

You're losing the very small amount of credibility you have by inflating figures. This is not your fellow afl cult members you're dealing with where you can just come up with any figure and get believed.

And I'm not on the east coast genius.
Indeed they are, which is why I’m saying an avg 15k of the 20-30k nrl fans going to one offs will attend regularly. but hey I’m sure you know better lol.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Indeed they are, which is why I’m saying an avg 15k of the 20-30k nrl fans going to one offs will attend regularly. but hey I’m sure you know better lol.
So you know without a doubt that this will occur? I'm assuming you spoke to every one of these 20 - 30k to gain this figure?

Perth Red

Post Whore
So you know without a doubt that this will occur? I'm assuming you spoke to every one of these 20 - 30k to gain this figure?
No of course I don’t, how could I? If I had such skills d have won lotto by now.

it’s called an Educated guess based on the size of the active nrl fanbase I’ve seen in perth over the last ten years. There’s a stack of variables that will impact crowd figures but given what I’ve seen and all things working out a 15k crowd avg and 20k membership base is very achievable.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
No of course I don’t, how could I? If I had such skills d have won lotto by now.

it’s called an Educated guess based on the size of the active nrl fanbase I’ve seen in perth over the last ten years. There’s a stack of variables that will impact crowd figures but given what I’ve seen and all things working out a 15k crowd avg and 20k membership base is very achievable.
It's achievable. But it's not guaranteed. So spruiking it like it's going to happen doesn’t do you any favours.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It's achievable. But it's not guaranteed. So spruiking it like it's going to happen doesn’t do you any favours.
Only someone really really stupid would think I was saying something that cannot possibly be 100% predicted is guaranteed. I’ve only ever said those numbers are achievable and based on what we’ve seen in perth for nrl are a reasonable target.

The_Wookie

Bench
God your stupid, have you seen an afl kit and how many sponsors they have on them?

dockers earn $17.8mill from sponsorship, corporate sales and advertising you moron.
1684065985058.png

the problem with this is that most of these revenues will not be available in anywhere near this quantity for an NRL club playing out of HBF Stadium with 1/3 the capacity, far less corporate capacity and a completely different stadium arrangement - stadium deal related revenues make up 13m alone - and much of that cannot be replicated at HBF Park.

If you think an NRL club is going to walk into 8m in sponsorship - thats just unrealistic given the blanket coverage the AFL clubs get in Perth, in very firm AFL territory, for a club with 55,000 members and average attendance of 38,000. Hell, West Coasts sponsorship levels are shocking low for a club its size compared to equilevant AFL clubs in Mebourne or even the Sydney AFL clubs

This is the equivelant of expecting any new Perth club to be the the WA equivelant of the Broncos from day 1.

Yeh all those people paying $50-100 to attend nrl games in perth are imaginary.

Lol theatre goers cannot be used as a reliable source of potential crowds, any more than my red haired mate Tim can expect 100,000 people at his next busking gig because that many turned up for Ed Sheeran at the MCG. The man has a dream though...

You know what else draws big in Perth, Wallabies clashes - over 47,868 at last call. You know what sort of crowds the Force get? Well so far in 2023 its 6497 & 6885 - if the figures are released at all.

Lets talk Origin - 59,721 at the last Origin in Perth. Last NRL game was a double header that pulled 38824 in 2018, prior to that it was 2016, where 2 matches averaged 12k at HBF Park.

15k avg and 20k members is conservative imo.

My entire family and far too many people im comfortable knowing are in Perth. They will probably get the members - membership means less and less every year - but 15k average crowd isnt going to happen for a while.

And being on the ground here I probably have better idea that someone on the east coast (isnt that how the argument goes?)

If it helps, Im not on the East Coast.

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
View attachment 74214

the problem with this is that most of these revenues will not be available in anywhere near this quantity for an NRL club playing out of HBF Stadium with 1/3 the capacity, far less corporate capacity and a completely different stadium arrangement - stadium deal related revenues make up 13m alone - and much of that cannot be replicated at HBF Park.

If you think an NRL club is going to walk into 8m in sponsorship - thats just unrealistic given the blanket coverage the AFL clubs get in Perth, in very firm AFL territory, for a club with 55,000 members and average attendance of 38,000. Hell, West Coasts sponsorship levels are shocking low for a club its size compared to equilevant AFL clubs in Mebourne or even the Sydney AFL clubs

This is the equivelant of expecting any new Perth club to be the the WA equivelant of the Broncos from day 1.

Lol theatre goers cannot be used as a reliable source of potential crowds, any more than my red haired mate Tim can expect 100,000 people at his next busking gig because that many turned up for Ed Sheeran at the MCG. The man has a dream though...

You know what else draws big in Perth, Wallabies clashes - over 47,868 at last call. You know what sort of crowds the Force get? Well so far in 2023 its 6497 & 6885 - if the figures are released at all.

My entire family and far too many people im comfortable knowing are in Perth. They will probably get the members - membership means less and less every year - but 15k average crowd isnt going to happen for a while.

If it helps, Im not on the East Coast.

and they don’t need to be. Whilst the dockers generate around $55million in operations revenue an nrl club only needs to generate $15mill to be profitable!!

I never said $8mill in sponsorship, I said $10mill in corporate sales. A very achievable figure If the new west stand at hbf park gets built.
eh? Broncos earn $25mill ish in corporate sales. Whose saying they will be as big as broncos? Less than half the size of the broncos? Yeh that’s achievable. If a poorly performing clubs in sydney in an oversatirated market can bring in $7-15mill then a well run club in a city with the size and wealth of perth def can.

someone else who can’t tell the appeal difference between stupor rugby and nrl. Bledisoe is a big event, run of the mill nrl games that have attracted an avg 16.8k avg game over last decade are the realistic comparison. No one is suggesting that as origin got two 60k crowds an nrl game will lol.
not to mention if twiggy was allowed to spend what he wanted and rugby union wasn’t such a sht show then force might be at the 20k crowds they got in the past.

but yes there’s lots of variables that will impact that. How well run the club is, how they perform on the field, what time slots games are in, if hbf park gets upgraded or a new stadium built. Bu the point stands, there are at least 25k active RL fans in perth to market to and aim to attract to games.

Won’t get 15k? that’s your opinion. I look forward to the day we can prove you and the other numbskull wrong.

Last edited:

The_Wookie

Bench
and they don’t need to be. Whilst the dockers generate around $55million in operations revenue an nrl club only needs to generate $15mill to be profitable!!

Show me one of these magical 15m profitable NRL clubs.

I never said $8mill in sponsorship, I said $10mill in corporate sales. A very achievable figure If the new west stand at hbf park gets built.

Very dependent on club popularity, and corporate demand. Competing against 2 AFL clubs, very popular NBL and BBL franchises, and then existing Aleague and Super Rugby franchises,.

eh? Broncos earn $25mill ish in corporate sales. Whose saying they will be as big as broncos? Less than half the size of the broncos? Yeh that’s achievable. If a poorly performing clubs in sydney in an oversatirated market can bring in $7-15mill then a well run club in a city with the size and wealth of perth def can.

25 millish in corporate? Whered you pull that from, since corporate isnt split from membership and ticketing thats a little hard to pick out, and your guessing that they generate 11m in corporate sales on top of sponsorship, even though thats probably not the case given they'd only get a share of it from AEG Ogden or whoever runs Suncorp these days on behalf of Stadiums QLD.

1684069525995.png

someone else who can’t tell the appeal difference between stupor rugby and nrl.

It was an example ffs.

Bledisoe is a big event,

It wasnt a bledisloe lol

run of the mill nrl games that have attracted an avg 16.8k avg game over last decade are the realistic comparison. No one is suggesting that as origin got two 60k crowds an nrl game will lol.

16.8k average over 8 games (and then thats fudging the double header crowd into 1 big one) spread over ten years - the last half of which they didnt play a single game over there - is no basis for anything.

2022Did not play
2021Did not play - Partial COVID
2020Did not play - COVID
2019Did not play
2018Perth Stadium23882419412
2017Perth Oval2176918846
2016Perth Oval22425112126
2015Perth Oval12072720727
2014Perth Oval23228116140

not to mention if twiggy was allowed to spend what he wanted and rugby union wasn’t such a sht show then force might be at the 20k crowds they got in the past.

Maybe, but if I was allowed to spend what I wanted we'd have an elevator to the moon by now too.

there are at least 25k active RL fans in perth to market to and aim to attract to games.

Active implies they are real and actively supporting. They certainly arent watching on tv. They arent going to these matches that average...as you say "16.8k over a decade". Have they purchased memberships? Are they actually playing league? in the WARL?

where are these 25k exactly.

Won’t get 15k? that’s your opinion. I look forward to the day we can prove you and the other numbskull wrong.

Mate everything you are writing is your opinion with little to no facts involved. Its only fair the rest of us get one as well.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Show me one of these magical 15m profitable NRL clubs.

Very dependent on club popularity, and corporate demand. Competing against 2 AFL clubs, very popular NBL and BBL franchises, and then existing Aleague and Super Rugby franchises,.

25 millish in corporate? Whered you pull that from, since corporate isnt split from membership and ticketing thats a little hard to pick out, and your guessing that they generate 11m in corporate sales on top of sponsorship, even though thats probably not the case given they'd only get a share of it from AEG Ogden or whoever runs Suncorp these days on behalf of Stadiums QLD.

View attachment 74218

It was an example ffs.

It wasnt a bledisloe lol

16.8k average over 8 games (and then thats fudging the double header crowd into 1 big one) spread over ten years - the last half of which they didnt play a single game over there - is no basis for anything.

2022Did not play
2021Did not play - Partial COVID
2020Did not play - COVID
2019Did not play
2018Perth Stadium23882419412
2017Perth Oval2176918846
2016Perth Oval22425112126
2015Perth Oval12072720727
2014Perth Oval23228116140

Maybe, but if I was allowed to spend what I wanted we'd have an elevator to the moon by now too.

Active implies they are real and actively supporting. They certainly arent watching on tv. They arent going to these matches that average...as you say "16.8k over a decade". Have they purchased memberships? Are they actually playing league? in the WARL?

where are these 25k exactly.

Mate everything you are writing is your opinion with little to no facts involved. Its only fair the rest of us get one as well.
You’re welcome to your opinion, i look forward to the day when we get I team and I can say I told you so!
In the mean time we’ll once again get a large crowd for an nrl event in august Showcasing how many rl fans there are in perth.

The_Wookie

Bench
You’re welcome to your opinion, i look forward to the day when we get I team and I can say I told you so!
In the mean time we’ll once again get a large crowd for an nrl event in august Showcasing how many rl fans there are in perth.

Im still waiting for some evidence of 25,000 active rugby league people

Perth Red

Post Whore
Im still waiting for some evidence of 25,000 active rugby league people
You know rl fans who get off their arses and pay $50-100 to attend a game in perth.
or the registered full contact and touch rugby league players in WA.
or the 100k plus who watch a rl event when ch9 deems us worthy to be on the main channel.
Tick tick, time will tell……