What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

Springs

First Grade
Of the grounds I've been to:
Millenium: Magnificent, great looking stadium and shit easy to get to. Good views as well.
Rochdale: Good old rugby league ground. But hard to get to with the train station so far away, parking not so good and hospitality poor for a full crowd.
Huddersfield: Good looking stadium, great views, good location but not enough food/drink/toilets for a full crowd.
Salford: Alright ground. Pretty good view from the east stand. Difficult to get to on foot. A few miles from the train station and very few taxis. Food/drink/toilets good.

Springs

First Grade
Also very disappointed there wasn't much Scotland/USA merchandise at the ground. Plenty of WC supporter gear and even England jerseys but the Scotland jersey I really wanted wasn't there.

Harrigan

Juniors
Yeah, decent crowd at Headingley. How did it come across on TV? The Southstand was sold out but was nowhere near as full as it is fir normal Rhinos games so I wonder if they reduced it. The rest of the stadium seemed very full from where I was stood too. I was surprised how good the atmosphere was too to say it was 24-0 before PNG even got the ball.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Yeah, decent crowd at Headingley. How did it come across on TV? The Southstand was sold out but was nowhere near as full as it is fir normal Rhinos games so I wonder if they reduced it. The rest of the stadium seemed very full from where I was stood too. I was surprised how good the atmosphere was too to say it was 24-0 before PNG even got the ball.

Fantastic to see these great crowds continue. I'm expecting the final total to be 450-500k depending on the turnout at Wembley. I hear for it the lower bowl is down to single seats and the upper is selling well, should be 60k plus

Harrigan

Juniors
Stolen from TRL -

England v Australia - Cardiff - 45,052
Wales v Italy - Cardiff - n/a
Papua New Guinea v France - Hull - 7,481
New Zealand v Samoa - Warrington - 14,965 - Sold Out
Fiji v Ireland - Rochdale - 8,872 - Sold Out

Tonga v Scotland - Workington - 7,630
USA v Cook Islands - Bristol - 7,247
New Zealand v France - Avignon - 17,518 - Sold Out
England v Ireland - Huddersfield - 24,375 - Sold Out
Australia v Fiji - St Helens - 14,137

Wales v USA - Wrexham - 8,019
Scotland v Italy - Workington - 9,280
PNG v Samoa - Hull - 6,871
Tonga v Cook Islands - Leigh - 10,544
Scotland v USA - Salford - 6,041

New Zealand v PNG - Leeds - 18,180
England v Fiji - Hull - 25,114 - Sold Out

Total: 231,326
Average: 13,607

Springs

First Grade
5,021 in Limerick. Small yes but a record rugby league crowd in Ireland where the sport is hardly played at all, and on a night where Ireland RU played in Dublin.

Official sellout at Halifax tomorrow.

DC_fan

Coach
Stolen from TRL -

England v Australia - Cardiff - 45,052
Wales v Italy - Cardiff - n/a
Papua New Guinea v France - Hull - 7,481
New Zealand v Samoa - Warrington - 14,965 - Sold Out
Fiji v Ireland - Rochdale - 8,872 - Sold Out

Tonga v Scotland - Workington - 7,630
USA v Cook Islands - Bristol - 7,247
New Zealand v France - Avignon - 17,518 - Sold Out
England v Ireland - Huddersfield - 24,375 - Sold Out
Australia v Fiji - St Helens - 14,137

Wales v USA - Wrexham - 8,019
Scotland v Italy - Workington - 9,280
PNG v Samoa - Hull - 6,871
Tonga v Cook Islands - Leigh - 10,544
Scotland v USA - Salford - 6,041

New Zealand v PNG - Leeds - 18,180
England v Fiji - Hull - 25,114 - Sold Out

Total: 231,326
Average: 13,607

Pretty good average

Back in 2008 when the cup was held in Australia the biggest pool game crowds was when Aust played NZ (34,157) and Eng (36,297). The next biggest crowds were 16,239 when Aust played PNG and 15,145 when NZ played Eng. The biggest crowd involving two minnow countries was 11,787 when Samoa beat Tonga.

The average crowd figure for pool games played in 2008 was 13,750.

Last edited:

Latest posts