What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

undertaker

Coach
overview.ashx

Approximately how many seats sold does this equate to? Also, when will they release tickets in the other areas of the upper tier?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Not really surprised by that crowd figure, the crowds in the south of France have really improved over the years.

Harrigan

Juniors
http://www.therhinos.co.uk/news/21857.php#.UoOCZPky9N8

The South Stand and Carnegie terrace have both sold out for Friday's QF. That's 11,000 tickets right there. The Northstand only has tickets left in 3 sections so in those 3 stands alone I would make a guess at around the 15k mark at the moment. That isn't including the tickets sold for the Western terrace and the Carnegie seats either.

It should be very close to the 18,100 they got last week for the NZ/PNG game.

ouwet

Bench
about 50-55k

Any chance of a massive boost in sales once the semi finalists are known?
Most RL fans would've obviously predicted England, NZ, Aust & ------
However I'm hoping non Rugby League fans are waiting for the QF games to buy tickets.

Harrigan

Juniors
16,207 at Headingley tonight between NZ and Scotland. It's just under 2,000 less than last week but if you put it into perspective, the 2000 QF between host nation England and Ireland at Headingley drew just 15,405.

On a side note, the Southstand has been sold out for the last 2 weeks now but where I stand has been nowhere near as full as it is for Rhinos Super League games. Either the capacity has been cut for the World Cup or Leeds overfill the stand and say there's only 8k in to make more money :lol:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
16,207 at Headingley tonight between NZ and Scotland. It's just under 2,000 less than last week but if you put it into perspective, the 2000 QF between host nation England and Ireland at Headingley drew just 15,405.

On a side note, the Southstand has been sold out for the last 2 weeks now but where I stand has been nowhere near as full as it is for Rhinos Super League games. Either the capacity has been cut for the World Cup or Leeds overfill the stand and say there's only 8k in to make more money :lol:

Well I never ...

:lol::lol::lol:

Sly buggers.

Springs

First Grade
Need around 145,000 to break 15,000 average which should be easy.
Need 175,000 to break 450,000 total which would be amazing.

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
It's going to be close to 450,000, which is way beyond my expectations. We just need Australia knocked out and it will be the best world cup ever.

roughyedspud

Coach
you mean tv wise??

the opening game peaked at 2.4million viewers...england v fiji at 2.2million.....id guess a eng v aus final would attract 3.5-4million??

as for being the highest ever?? i dunno?? i imagine some of the challange cup finals,especially in the 80's,attracted huge tv audiences??...maybe nudging 8,9,10million?..its used to be a lot bigger tv event than it is today...in my mind anyway?? i recall bbc grandstand coverage staring a good 2 hours before kick off

Springs

First Grade
5,762 at Wrexham. Seemed about right.

Next time we must learn not to book finals grounds based on predictions of what sides will be there. Obviously would have been bigger if Wales were there, but the thing that gets me is if England finished first they would be playing in a 10,000 capacity stadium. The RFL shouldn't bank on their own side finishing 2nd in their pool.

Evil Homer

Staff member
5,762 at Wrexham. Seemed about right.

Next time we must learn not to book finals grounds based on predictions of what sides will be there. Obviously would have been bigger if Wales were there, but the thing that gets me is if England finished first they would be playing in a 10,000 capacity stadium. The RFL shouldn't bank on their own side finishing 2nd in their pool.
The whole thing about Wales is pretty cringeworthy in hindsight. They obviously wanted this WC to be some sort of catalyst for Wales but it has just totally backfired. 5,762 is a decent enough crowd BTW all things considered.

Springs

First Grade
The whole thing about Wales is pretty cringeworthy in hindsight. They obviously wanted this WC to be some sort of catalyst for Wales but it has just totally backfired. 5,762 is a decent enough crowd BTW all things considered.

I understand Wales hosting the Welsh games, but why the clear tampering to try and get them into the quarters? Pools C & D should have been more even. As it was we had USA make the finals over 2 more deserving teams in Tonga & Italy.

They should have had the Cook Islands game at Wrexham and had this Quarter Final in England. If England had beaten Australia they could have locked a potential 20,000 English fans out of this game, while Australia would play France in a half full DW Stadium.

Saint Doc

Coach
I think you'll find it had to do with Wales being joint host.

There would have been a financial or contractual arrangement for the opener, Welsh pool games and a QF.

Latest posts