What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

sean11evo11

Juniors
I've been told tickets sold are over 56k. Anyway the graphic on the website has been updated, how much does this account to in terms of tickets sold?

overview.ashx

miguel de cervantes

First Grade
I'd say the lower bowl accounts for roughly 50% of the 90k seats (so 45k), plus roughly 1/3 of the upper tier sold (15k) so 55-60k looks about right going on that.

Harrigan

Juniors
I've actually just seen a post on Facebook by Leeds "urging" fans to be part of history.

It also states on there that over 63,000 tickets have been sold. A final push from everyone this week and 65k+ would be a good effort IMO.

Bovrick

Juniors
I've actually just seen a post on Facebook by Leeds "urging" fans to be part of history.

It also states on there that over 63,000 tickets have been sold. A final push from everyone this week and 65k+ would be a good effort IMO.

Yep: http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-world-news/article/1402/fans-urged-to-take-last

63,000 tickets have already been sold for ?The Big Hit? semi-final double header at Wembley this weekend and all that remains for The Rugby League World Cup Final at Old Trafford are the last few hundred hospitality tickets starting at £40 each.

morningstar

Juniors
Over 65,000 sold for the semi finals now according to RLWC2013 press release...

http://www.rlwc2013.com/rugby-league-world-news/article/1410/all-star-entertainers-to-make-the

RLWC2013 Marketing Manager Mark Foster said:

“We set very high standards with our Opening Ceremony at the Millennium Stadium on October 26, and have sought to bring supporters a broad and exciting day of entertainment at every RLWC2013 event.
“With the four best nations in the world competing, and more than 65,000 tickets already gone, a fantastic afternoon of entertainment at Wembley Stadium on Saturday is already guaranteed.

morningstar

Juniors
From EnglandRL's twitter feed...

Tournament Director of @RLWC2013 Nigel Wood confirms a crowd of 70,000 expected for #BigHit at Wembley on Saturday. Bring it on #wallofwhite

undertaker

Coach
It will be great if the '92 RLWC final attendance of 73631 is broken and we finish the tournament with 2 70k+ crowds, something that will shut up the likes of Rothfield. That's something we could only dream achieving in Australia. Also, great to see there won't be a ring of empty seats facing towards the camera side.

BrisbaneRhino

Juniors
What's the aveage crowd so far? I thought I read somewhere the organisers were looking for an average of 13k, which I would have thought they're already well ahead of.

Kurt Angle

First Grade
I believe it averaged 12.6k to the end of the quarter final stages.

This will see it boost considerably, to over 16k for the tournament

LJC

Juniors
It will be great if the '92 RLWC final attendance of 73631 is broken and we finish the tournament with 2 70k+ crowds, something that will shut up the likes of Rothfield. That's something we could only dream achieving in Australia. Also, great to see there won't be a ring of empty seats facing towards the camera side.

What's even more perplexing about Rothfield's negativity is that it flies in the face of some extremely impressive TV ratings both in England and Australia.

This Rothfield bloke is a stool for trying to minimize the potential of rugby league as an international sport! Mind you there are plenty of them out there!

Rothfield does work for News Limited which has in past years been instrumental in trying to dismantle rugby league in Australia(Superleague fiasco)so its par for the course for such a dude!

undertaker

Coach
What's even more perplexing about Rothfield's negativity is that it flies in the face of some extremely impressive TV ratings both in England and Australia.

This Rothfield bloke is a stool for trying to minimize the potential of rugby league as an international sport! Mind you there are plenty of them out there!

Rothfield does work for News Limited which has in past years been instrumental in trying to dismantle rugby league in Australia(Superleague fiasco)so its par for the course for such a dude!

News Ltd destroyed the international game during the SL war, and it's taken many, many years for the game to get back to where it was since the '95 World Cup. Remember when the Aussies play Great Britain for the first time since the SL war in 1999 at Suncorp and it only got 12k? We've come a long way since then.

As I said, I would love to see Rothfield spew out in his column that this World Cup was a waste of time after 2 70k+ crowds at Wembley and Old Trafford respectively turn up.

Last edited: