What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Kemp Society inc

LeagueNut

First Grade
Denan Kemp >>> Bulldogs???

Link

At the beginning of the year the club was looking for two wingers for 2010 with Hazem El Masri expected to retire.

But after missing out on Brett Morris, they are considering keeping their cash in the Kennel with Goodwin locking down one flank and Daryl Millard, Heka Nanai and Tim Winitana competing for the other.

Melbourne's Steve Turner and Warriors flyer Denan Kemp have been mentioned as potential replacements for the great El Magic.

tHe_MaC

Juniors
Haven't been here to a while, but it is good to see most of you still have no idea about football.

If Kemp was a Maori or an Islander most of you would think he is the greatest player ever and when the Warriors let him go he will come back and bite us on the ass like so many of those great players we let go... :roll:

Kemp's rib injury has finally cleared up and he is carving up for the Vulcans.

Just a quick question have any of you tried to play with bad ribs? And kick too? It is not fun. But Like I said most of you have no idea about footy anyway, so I doubt you do.

We need attack in our team, we are rubbish otherwise. Cut useless Ah Van who couldn't get past a tree stump and have:

1. Locke 2. Kemp 3. McKinnon 4. Moon. 5. Vatuvei. 6. Hohaia 7.Jones.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Haven't been here to a while, but it is good to see most of you still have no idea about football.

If Kemp was a Maori or an Islander most of you would think he is the greatest player ever and when the Warriors let him go he will come back and bite us on the ass like so many of those great players we let go... :roll:

Kemp's rib injury has finally cleared up and he is carving up for the Vulcans.

Just a quick question have any of you tried to play with bad ribs? And kick too? It is not fun. But Like I said most of you have no idea about footy anyway, so I doubt you do.

We need attack in our team, we are rubbish otherwise. Cut useless Ah Van who couldn't get past a tree stump and have:

1. Locke 2. Kemp 3. McKinnon 4. Moon. 5. Vatuvei. 6. Hohaia 7.Jones.

Thank God. Someone else has seen the light!!!

I would very much like to see that backline. That backline could get us out of the sh*t, big time.

Meth

Staff member
Like I said, I'm not anti-Kemp- but he's a winger, of which we already have two players performing well.

Making room for Kemp is not incentive enough to move McKinnon from fullback and into the centers for me. Our problem (aside from our halves) is in the centers and I don't think McKinnon is the solution to the quandary.

Micistm

Bench
I agree with that; I'm not of the Kemp is sh*t camp, but he hasn't set the world on fire at this stage, and we have enough wingers two of which are going very well ATM. I'm not against Locke going into F/B, but also am happy for him to continue his introduction to NRL on the wing.
Kemps form is still a debatable issue IMO as to whether it's Kemp, or the team not utilising him to his talents...can't help but feel it's probably a little of both.
I have do doubt should he be released and head off to the likes of the Doggies he'd be as sensational as he was at the Broncs.

wittyfan

Referee
The fact that a club such as the Bulldogs are looking at him to replace one of their greats speaks volumes about Kemp's class.

Meth

Staff member
Kemps form is still a debatable issue IMO as to whether it's Kemp, or the team not utilising him to his talents...can't help but feel it's probably a little of both.

Well, there's hardly a debate there- if he, with his pace, was on the end of attacking opportunities created by Lockyer, Hodges and Wallace, rather than by Moon/Hohaia, Mannering and Jones, he'd be a lot better served

ozbash

Referee
The fact that a club such as the Bulldogs are looking at him to replace one of their greats speaks volumes about Kemp's class.

:lol: :lol:

piss off back to where you've been hiding till you learn to talk sense.
you must be wazzas new 'flame'..

I hate Kimp, he has cost us at least 4 games with his limp wristed style of play, theatrics after getting run over (remember the ole dropped shoulder routine ? ), and his hair style and dress sense left a lot to be desired !!

F.O.Kimp

Iafeta

Referee
I still rate Kemp - his tries at Brisbane weren't a case of catch and flop over the line, three in particular ring a bell for me, a) when there was a loose ball on the ground and he soccers it past defenders into the corner and scores b) when he goes straight through Manly in his first game on a kick return c) the try in the semi against the Roosters where they offloaded like 10 times in the movement, and Kemp's injection of speed turned that broken line into a try, I think though Locke has shown he has a better sense of the game. That said, I feel our backline going to the right hand side has been ordinary the entire year, so unless you're a freak footballer like Locke who has great instincts you're going to catch a cold or have to become a battering ram. Kemp was never going to be a battering ram. I thought we looked 1,000,000 times better with Hohaia at five eighth last week and I think if conditions were better for spreading the ball we could have seen some nice tries, and with Lance at 5/8 I'd like to see Moon back in Ah Van's spot and Kemp next cab off the rank. I don't think you become a poor player overnight, his form was disappointing to say the least but in the context of it all our ability to go left to right this season has been appalling.

Micistm

Bench
Hmm...To be totally frank, the Warriors this year have been a big disappointment whether or not Kemp has been in the team. While I'm pleased Lockes career is off to a successful start in FG, it's a bit harsh to blame Kemp for the Warriors woes. Personally I think it is more of the reverse. The attacking skills of the Warriors has been appalling, and a glance at the stats on the table shows that. No player is responsible for that; all of them are. Kemps form hasn't been good...neither have 95% of the rest of them either. If others deserve a break to get their form sorted, so does he. I'll be interested to see if he gets it, or whether he will be another player to be released without a fair go

Iafeta

Referee
I mainly said that, just to rile OB. But I wouldn't complain if it actually happened.

I thought Kemp was quite good, defensively. I remember a few try saving tackles he's made for the Warriors. I also remember a numerous amount of times, when Ropati has rushed up on a man, not effected the tackle and left a 2-3 man overlap for poor Manu.

I'm with you on Ropati's D. I reckon he's probably cost the Warriors conservately 6 tries so far this year by trying to solve each problem on his own. Its good seeing that side defensively without him, they seem to be communicating well, sliding well and taking the right options. With Ropati, he runs out of the line and leaves gaping holes inside, the poor winger has to rush up for a miracle play and inevitably its a try. I'm amazed it hasn't been coached out of him, he showed the same tendencies when he was a 5/8, his side used to always get punished.

Ropo's a really solid ball runner, but he needs to work big time on reading attacking lines coming at him and having confidence in his fellow team mates to move across and cover gaps as a defensive line normally would.

ozbash

Referee
I'm with you on Ropati's D. I reckon he's probably cost the Warriors conservately 6 tries so far this year

agree actually, his defence has never been that great but this year its as though his mind isnt on the defensive job.

hope the break has helped him...

I feel quite sorry for Kemp to be honest. He's apparently been playing injured which I imagine hasn't helped his form and he's needed to adapt to a very different team. And on top of that once he missed a game Locke came into his position and went brilliantly.

Having said that, I really don't see how he can fit into our full strength team right now. The back three of McKinnon, Vatuvei, Locke is working well and I don't think Kemp has the physical presence to play centre at this stage. I think it will be an interesting test to see if he's prepared to stay at the Warriors to try and prove himself (and whether the Warriors want to give him that chance of course) or whether he heads off for another club in the off season.

Latest posts