What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

cappo

Juniors
griffo. 3 points is a lot for try assists and line breaks. Just checking you want to go with that.

_Johnsy

Referee
To be honest griffo I am happy to go along with whatever, afterall it is the same for everyone, no advantage at all.

cappo

Juniors
look do what you want because it is your comp. but usually a line break comes with try. Maybe leave try assist as 3 and line break 1. brings your halves into play more and doesnt over reward finishers. that way most positions can contribute to your score. The comp we have been playing for years they are both worth 0 but the halves become pretty worthless unless they are kickers. But i have also played in comps where they are worth something and i reckon that it brings a different area your team could be strong.

cappo

Juniors
yeah you can griffo. right up until the draft starts. but might be wortwhile letting people know if you make a very late change. it might change tactics. you can change it in competition rules under the competition details menu

Mig2006

Juniors
Just so you guys know how nrlceo works - a nrlceo team will typically score between 20 and 50 points based on the default settings. Obviously your team may do well or poorly and score more or less to match their performance but with the default settings, the scores are often similar to actual nrl scores.

If you have points for things like line breaks and try assists, the scores get much higher. If that is fine by you, then it's ok, but if you want it to be more like the nrl, then leave the way of scoring points in nrlceo to just that - players scoring points and not making line breaks, assists etc.....

Good halves still score tries (eg Inglis, cronk). Afterall, in the Nrl, a team doesn't get points if they make a line break.

Last edited:
I played Fanatasy Football on Fox last year, and I know Props were the last ones picked cos they got you no points in comparison to other positions.

Maybe workhorse should be worth a bit more, I'm open to what the guys recommend who run it and have played it here before.

But everyone knows Forwards win you games and backs are dressage show ponies with with pink, frilly knickers whilst goose stepping sideways.

griffo346

First Grade
well if its alright with everyone its prob best as mig said tgo have it as 0 if we want it as simlar to the nrl as we can

Mig2006

Juniors
Workhorse Tries make good props important in nrlceo. Blokes like Luke Bailey and Petro will get you a Workhorse try every week and with the odd try, they are excellent NrlCEO players.

It all comes down to what you go for in the live draft. Your tactics are crucial. You may decide to try and get strong backs, but don't leave you forward pack weak because if you work it out, a good forward pack will get you 8 workhorse tries - thats 32 points straight up. Typically a score of 40 points will get you the win each week.

griffo346

First Grade
mig

a forward try can consist of any 40 point combo like

20 hitups and 20 tackles

30 tackles 10 hitups?

Mig2006

Juniors
Yes any combination of 40 will get a workhorse try (4 points). If a player is named in your backline - he can not achieve a workhorse try.

_Johnsy

Referee
I thought you were in LU 1 pervo ??

I think you need at least 1 point for line break and line break assist, workhose points are a must, IMO

Yosh

Coach
So... LU2 guys whats our stand on this?

I personally think try assists and linebreaks should be awarded but not significantly so I would have 2 and 1 point respectively. I dont mind 4 points for a workhorse try.

Can a player get extra points for Man Of The Match?