What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

_Johnsy

Referee
Oh yeah, the draft has been designed be as fair as possible.

Think about it - would you rather 12th pick every time or 1st pick one round and 12th pick the next.

If you had 12th pick everytime, you would only miss out on 11 players. If you has first and then last - you would miss out on 23!

Over the whole 25 rounds of the draft, it evens out! If you get the rub of the green early thats your luck but inevitably, you need to pick the right players anyway...

No probs mig happy to trust you, however if a side has 3 1st round picks out of 25, someoene is getting dudded. Each team should realistically have 2 first round picks, and one side 3. Just seems to be bizzare that that side who gets 3 would have them all within 7 rounds. i suppose that can happen if the order is random.

_Johnsy

Referee
Nah fair comment JM

Satans Septugenarians - EA 1st, 8th, 7th, 4th, 1st, 11th,and 1st again in the 7th round. It is f**king ridiculous.

between the above post and now septo's have dropped to 4th in the 7th round ??? weird.

Just out of curiosity mig, if all players are on auto draft pick. How long dos it take for each teams pick to register ?

Mig2006

Juniors
between the above post and now septo's have dropped to 4th in the 7th round ??? weird.
The 7th round will change - wait and see it when it is completed. You will only know the real order when all teams have finished round 5's draft! That way you can;t plan ahead too much!

_Johnsy

Referee
5 teams before can really put a dent in your auto list. I got back on then and had 4 left.

Mig2006

Juniors
See this would go so much quicker if every team once they made their pick, then auto listed their next pick. You would almost get two rounds done at once.

Mig2006

Juniors
5 teams before can really put a dent in your auto list. I got back on then and had 4 left.

Thats why we dont let you see the order of the draft two rounds ahead - alot can change between your pick and the next - so tactics may have to change accordingly

On what reasonable basis do you suggest picks 10, 11 and 12 be removed from the comp after being held up by the guy with 9th pick? What action would you like them to take to speed things up.

If you'd read this thread and the news page on the comp you'd know at least 2 of those 4 have autopicks set up and are waiting for the one guy holding the comp up.

If you want to have a whine on every page of this thread, can you at least direct it at the right people, rather than just pissing off other people trying to make it work.

Yeah I do actually, I dont go back through god knows how many pages to read sh*t nor do I know who the hell those are that are holding things up, it could've been all of them for all I knew.

Franko

Juniors
League 1 was on fire there for a while. Came to a stand still now though i think. I was hoping we might get a few more out.

_Johnsy

Referee
monks not online so the previous choices must have cleaned out his auto list. I am off to bed i wll check my list in the morning and update before I head off to work. Advance apologies If my auto list is cleaned out duing the day and i hold up proceedings while I am at work no access our work internet security is muchos tight.

i am only able to have 10 on my auto list.

_Johnsy

Referee
any1 wanna do the yahoo fantasy NRL. Its not bad, its like the original sportal/virtual sports. only get points for tries, goals, wins, etc

https://nrl.yahoo.virtualsports.com.au

251586 is the league code if anyones interested.

It's nothing like virtual nrl. there is no draft, in this type of comp each team selected could have 70-80% of the same players. That is the major problem IMO. One player should only be able to play for one side.

Monk

Referee
guys whenever i select darrne lockyer it gets stuck on the "please be patient for this page to load" page, could mig please select lockyer for me so there is no hold up.

_Johnsy

Referee
cheers monk, you dirty orange bastard.

thought i should ge the first sledge of the season in. ;-)

gong_eagle

First Grade
well pick someone else then Monk :sarcasm:

Ive put 8 in auto draft and Off to work now see ya's