What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

gong_eagle

First Grade
was on earlier ,filled up my list,can't access the nrlceo site from this pda, so there is not much else I can do, blame the server and the system not other players

Franko

Juniors
was on earlier ,filled up my list,can't access the nrlceo site from this pda, so there is not much else I can do, blame the server and the system not other players

Completely understand. Yesterday was the first time i was able to get on since the comp started.

gong_eagle

First Grade
was just thinkin about how many fantasy nrl games are out thereoff the top of my headnrlceonearlyNrldaily telegraph 2gbsportal (i think has one)lot more I think

abpanther

Staff member
So let me get this straight, I spend 3 hours last night (from 8-11pm) trying to get onto the website with no success, then I find this morning that someone has decided to make random pick for me (Justin Poore), this is bullsh*t.

TO be honest I think I'm gonna drop out of this league, the website is a clusterf**k

griffo346

First Grade
AB pm Mig and get him to change it to wat you wanted

he can do that he fixed Big Micks pick the other day when i pmed him for big mick

Johns Magic

Referee
So let me get this straight, I spend 3 hours last night (from 8-11pm) trying to get onto the website with no success, then I find this morning that someone has decided to make random pick for me (Justin Poore), this is bullsh*t.

TO be honest I think I'm gonna drop out of this league, the website is a clusterf**k

Site's been working fine for me for the last 36 hours

Franko

Juniors
was just thinkin about how many fantasy nrl games are out thereoff the top of my headnrlceonearlyNrldaily telegraph 2gbsportal (i think has one)lot more I think

Telegraph
NRL site
Sportal - Have two types
Virtual sport - Just on tries and if they win
Wide world of sports
NRL ceo
2GB
Fox sports

abpanther

Staff member
Oh yeah, the draft has been designed be as fair as possible.

Think about it - would you rather 12th pick every time or 1st pick one round and 12th pick the next.

If you had 12th pick everytime, you would only miss out on 11 players. If you has first and then last - you would miss out on 23!

Over the whole 25 rounds of the draft, it evens out! If you get the rub of the green early thats your luck but inevitably, you need to pick the right players anyway...

I'm sorry mate but randomly picking the order every round is not fair at all because invariably you end up with some teams getting many more early picks than others.

The way to do it (which is what most fantasy sport sites do when drafting, I can't believe this site was created without this kind of research) is to simply make it a serpentine draft, so the order of the first round is created randomly, then the next round you pick the opposite and this alternates. For example, if you happen to get the first pick in round 1, then in round 2 you pick 12th (assuming there are 12 teams), then in round 3 you pick 1st, round 4 12th and so on. This is a fair system.

Big Mick

Referee
Oh yeah, the draft has been designed be as fair as possible.

Think about it - would you rather 12th pick every time or 1st pick one round and 12th pick the next.

If you had 12th pick everytime, you would only miss out on 11 players. If you has first and then last - you would miss out on 23!

Over the whole 25 rounds of the draft, it evens out! If you get the rub of the green early thats your luck but inevitably, you need to pick the right players anyway...

Perhaps you should think about it?

So someone has first pick EVERY time...practically, he has first dibs on every player every round.

A fair draft is one that does go 1-12 and then 12-1 because the person thats 1 has the benefit of the best player in the league ...and then gets it again while the person at 12 has to wait all the time.

So over 25 rounds it evens out...awesome...so in round 20 I may get a top 5 pick which will mean i'll get David Mead instead of Geoff Daniella as my back up farkin winger while other teams in the first 10 rounds when the best player's are selected, i'm getting pick 8, 11,11,10,8 while some guys have 1,5,3,8,4....yeah...really fair for those who get those picks.

The player who gets first pick has the benefit of getting the best player there...the player with the 12th pick doesn't, and therefore gets the advantage of the next round picking the best player available in order to even it out. EVERY DRAFT AROUND THE WORLD WORKS LIKE THIS!...but yours is random...

Last edited:

griffo346

First Grade
guys you all remember who created the comp to start with i hope

so dont go blaming mig about the random draft it was me that set the draft up not him

I WAS THE ONE THAT CREATED LU GROUP 1 AND 2 AND POSTED PASSWORDS TO THEM NOT MIG

FFS STOP WHINGING AND AS A PERSONAL TRAINER IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY WOULD SAY "SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT" ITS THE BEST ONE OUT THERE THE ONLY ONE WITH A DRAFT.

griffo346

First Grade
Suck It Up Mick Ffs Stop Whinging

Im Seriously Considering Pulling The Pin On This Comp To Many f**king Whingers

What Would You Prefer Ffs Every Team Having 80% Of The Same Players

I Know I Wouldnt

abpanther

Staff member
guys you all remember who created the comp to start with i hope

so dont go blaming mig about the random draft it was me that set the draft up not him

I WAS THE ONE THAT CREATED LU GROUP 1 AND 2 AND POSTED PASSWORDS TO THEM NOT MIG

FFS STOP WHINGING AND AS A PERSONAL TRAINER IN THE FITNESS INDUSTRY WOULD SAY "SUCK IT UP AND DEAL WITH IT" ITS THE BEST ONE OUT THERE THE ONLY ONE WITH A DRAFT.

It's just a silly draft design that is unequitable, thats all.

It may seem like whingeing but the reality is the design is terrible.

Johns Magic

Referee
It's just a silly draft design that is unequitable, thats all.

It may seem like whingeing but the reality is the design is terrible.

Yeah, we've established that long ago.

But then we have Big Mick here crying like a little bitch on the hour every hour.

griffo346

First Grade
AB mate i wassnt going off at you

JM is right it does get frustrating but when you have people complaining its not making it enjoyable

couple of pointers guys

JUST THINK ITS ONLY 2 GUYS DOING THIS MIG AND CAPPO BOTH POURING HARD EARNED CASH IN FOR A FREE FANTASY COMP FOR US.

I THINK WE HAVE BEEN TO HARD ON THEM TBH GIVE THEM A BREAK PLEASE WE WILL GET OUR DRAFT COMPLETE HE HAS PROMISED ME THAT.

I BET YOU GUYS HAVENT SAT BACK AND THOUGHT MAYBE MIG N CAPPO ARE AS FRUSTRATED AS WE ARE CONSIDERING ITS THERE SERVER

sorry for the caps but i feel its the best way to get my point across

Big Mick

Referee
Yeah, we've established that long ago.

But then we have Big Mick here crying like a little bitch on the hour every hour.

Because its stupid and everyone is like 'oh just suck it up"...how about do something about it.

The only reason I am whinging is because I was blamed for holding everyone up...when it was the crappy site. So i'll nitpick and find every wrong thing now because I don't like to be blamed for crap that isn't my fault.

And don't worry Griffo...you can auto pick all you want because I'm not playing in this competition any more.