What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah calls on PM to crack down on Twitter abuse

GAZF

First Grade
I'd like to remind everyone that words hurt. There's a lot of people hurting here.

Fire

First Grade
Lucky for Wobbie this will all be forgotten about when Wests Tigers announce Sheens sacking in the next few days...

p.s. This thread has my vote for thread of the year, thanks for the lolz Wobbie, you dipshit :lol:

CrazyTiger

Juniors
The absence of Penrose Warrior and BunniesMan from this thread since Farah got exposed as a hypocrite is interesting.

I wonder if Robbie should be targeted by the same crack police force that was going to hunt down the person who tweeted him?

Don't forget Hutty.

EvolutionUber

Juniors
Lucky for Wobbie this will all be forgotten about when Wests Tigers announce Sheens sacking in the next few days...

p.s. This thread has my vote for thread of the year, thanks for the lolz Wobbie, you dipshit :lol:

Careful you don't want Robbie and Sheens crying for the PM to step in on your post.

Eels Dude

Coach
Haha this is hilarious how this is panned out. I notice Penrose Warrior is strangely absent from this thread today. Farah has made himself look like a total fool and hypocrite. LOL@ the PR written apology.

bartman

Immortal
what others?

it's only you accusing him of trolling Gillard
Posts #524 and #533

his tweet was sent to MG, not her

if you gp down the pub and call me a f**kwit to one of your mates do you think that's trolling? or bullying?
It was a public tweet from Robbie wishing harm on a known person - ironically the person he called upon to protect him when he received a direct public tweet of similar nature.

Didn't have to be sent to Gillard's twitter feed directly to have the intended effect of (here's that definition again) causing "distress, anger and argument in an online public forum for the purpose of disturbing other users." Nothing about a direct-one-to-one in there. If not, then he could have DMed Geyer his thoughts and it wouldn't be an issue (that's actually more like being down the pub chatting to a mate).

Robbie's apologised for being a knob, and admits he's been part of the problem he's (now) seeking to fix.... Are you getting your tin foil hat on already about how the meeja will portray Robbie/league now that he's been outed as a twitter troll? Why can't you (like Robbie) admit that he f**ked up? :sarcasm:

bartman

Immortal
Ah, so that's your angle... :roll:. Robbie would still look like just as much a knob if his discovered tweet was a noose for Abbott. And he'd still be just as hypocritical as Dawson.

Oh, and it seems like the Herald has also defined it as trolling now too...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    18.5 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Wow, it is just Mind Boggling that some People here cannot understand the Difference between Farahs post to a mate (which was pretty tacky and should not have been posted......but was probably just a brain fart) compared to a person who posts personal, disgusting crap directly to Farah about his Deceased Mother, use some empathy and put yourselves in Farahs situation.....if the stuff that i have heard is true, it is vile and the trash who posted it needs to be found and named and shamed

Now i know that the usual suspects will laugh and deride this post.......but that is saying more about your lack of morals

adamkungl

Immortal
Okay, so most of the people here that are against Penrose are saying that it's the internet, so I can say all that I want under a pseudonym and all the others have to do if they're offended at what I say is ignore me/block me?

Sharks players should take an end of the season trip to New Zealand and find themselves a groupie to wash away their end of season pain. Maybe they can borrow some rohypnol from the Dog's players. Don't worry Knights players, Bennet should not have cut down on your juice taking. Better luck next year. Dragons fans are takng lessons from Ben Creagh on how to harden up everytime they see a Brute big hit contender. I hope Ashton Sims breaks everybone on his body.

To the people that are offended by this post. Harden up and block/ignore.

Weak effort you peadophile. :sarcasm:

Farah's was a bit different

he never actually tweeted Gillard

Nah, just tweeted it to his 10s of thousands of followers + Mark Geyers 10s of thousands of followers, on a completely public forum. AND he was only joking about suicide, it's not like he brought anyone's mum into it. So it's really not even remotely similar :sarcasm:

I wasted nearly a whole day at work following this.

Worth it.

Same :lol:

Suck it up Robbie you hypocritical f**king princess.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Never mind player media training as part of the new deal, we need an intelligence test, if you fail it you are banned from ever using social media!

Nothing against Farrah but geez he has made himself out to look a total tool in all of this. As said your a grown man Robbie, grow a pair and act like one fricking Gen Y'ers!!

adamkungl

Immortal
Personally, I thank Robbie for highlighting in 2 days the immense stupidity of trying to 'take action' against trolls.

What was said to him about his mother was horrible, yes. A different person however might laugh it off, but be offended by his 'joke' that the PM should noose herself. Suicide jokes to 10s of thousands of followers... pretty harsh Robbie. But of course it was just a joke!

Who decides the line of what is inappropriate to say on the internet? What's the punishment for being nasty to celebrities?

Never mind player media training as part of the new deal, we need an intelligence test, if you fail it you are banned from ever using social media!

Nothing against Farrah but geez he has made himself out to look a total tool in all of this. As said your a grown man Robbie, grow a pair and act like one fricking Gen Y'ers!!

He did, he has realised he f**ked up and has apologised, it takes a big person to apologise when they are wrong

Perth Red

Post Whore
like he had a choice? What other option did he have? I am pretty sure as soon as the tweet emerged the Tigers media person was drafting it for him. It doesn't take a big man to apologise when your neck is a noose (excuse the pun). Maybe if he had fronted up BEFORE the tweet had come out and stated he has done some stupid tweets in the past and now recognises what a mistake it was he might have some credibility?

Fire

First Grade
$100 to the first person who can make a joke including both necrophilia AND suicide! You'd think it'd be easy as they both involve death but it's harder than you think?!

Last edited:

Latest posts