What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

strider

Post Whore
I'm not saying that they aren't good ... but being good in PL and being good in NRL are different things .... one very important issue is their bodies aren't used to the belting they get in NRL - hayne and inu are pretty young - good build for yougsters, but not as big as older players.

Look I agree Smithy does some weird sh*t....and I have been saying for a few weeks I'd prefer Williams over Peterson .... I still think Wade is as good an option as Reddy (reddy isn't even playing fullback in PL atm) - wade makes some f**k ups, but he does some good sh*t too .... I'd also like to see cordoba in for stringer.

But there are guys who have come up who were getting enormous raps in PL that have found the going a bit tough in NRL .... eg Delaney - I'm not bagging him (I think he'd be great at lock) - but people bagged teh sh*t out of Ben Smith in favour of Delaney earlier this season - and now they've all turned about face and can't wait for Ben to return.

Pazza

First Grade
I think Smith likes to give them afew games in PL so these players can test themselves at the highest level and improve their weaknesses back in PL.

One thing you have to admit all the players we have developed and keep in first grade have turned out to be great players.

Kornstar

Coach
Twizzle said:
If you were an NRL player, would you play with no intention of winning just because we have a different coach next year

Well there form suggests so doesn't it?

parralight

Juniors
Hayne played in the trials and played well.
Other teams seem to have the motto - if they are good enough play them.

If Karmichael Hunt was at Parra he would be in Premier league at best.
See the difference ?

Avenger

Immortal
Kornstar said:
Maybe he didn't kiss his a$$

The way he sugarcoats sh*t at press conferences also gives me the sh*ts. If at least 4 players do not get the arse he is seriously kidding himself.

Ant

Juniors
Look I agree also some times Smith does make some interesting decisions, but gee I also think some people need to have a look at who they are bagging.

I mean people were stamping their feet calling for Morris and cayless to be dumped at the start of the year. They have then been our form players since about round 3.

People jumped up and down and said we need Delaney in, he's in and has been very disappointing.

All coach's are loyal to a certain degree and are usually willing to keep a guy in top grade if he has shown top form for a sustained period in the past. Stringer is probably a current example.

Look apart from a couple of games McKinnon has been a shining light for us in the past 2 years, yet calls are made for Reddy to come in. I mean come on, some of the same people who call for Reddy to come in, 4 weeks ago were saying Mckinnon should be city fullback.

My problem is that a lot of people view promoting players from premier league as a quick fix. Like I said a couple of the guys who people have championed like Delaney and Jeremy Smith have been no solution, in fact they have been a bigger part of our problem.

I also have a problem that for many of these people they have clear favourites and are unwilling to say that these players should be dropped.
Tim Smith is an example, he has been one of our worst this season, yet many people are willing to keep giving him chances.

Look I am not actually saying Tim Smith should be dropped, I personally believe any side needs stability to play well.
If some of you guys were in charge we would have a different side every week.

People just seem to hate Brian Smith with a passion that I find bewildering. No the team isn't performing, but how it can be all the coach's fault I don't know.

Our biggest problem at the moment is that none of our side has had actually played well every game (maybe Tahu), even Hindy had an off game one week. Most of them have played well in certain games, but not all games. We have also struggled to have the same team every week, only 4 players have run out for every game (Cayless, Hindy, Mckinnon, Tim Smith). We need to have a solid team every week, and we need our guys to be consistent. Yes we have some problems, but of the guys in the team there would only be 4 guys I would look at dumping. Jeremy Smith, Delaney, Peterson and Stringer. Suprise 3 of the 4 are guys who usually play premier league.

Avenger

Immortal
Thanks Strider

Never has a player excited me more. And he is ours for the next 3 years.

How good is that????????????

btaag

Juniors
Avenger is always the guy I think about when telling people about Feliti and how he struggled to get a go under Smith.

For every Feliti there are 40 failed first graders, but I dont care one bit as he is a great player and in our team.
:cool:

Avenger

Immortal
Nobody has had better calls then Jake the Snake. He told us all about Hayne, Tim Smith, Inu and Mateo. I just created the topics. Jake is the man.

Parraren

Bench
Part of a group of young talent that has the potential to take this club to heights we haven't reach for a very long time....

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Spot on Avenger, you and Jake deserve your own threads. You guys could see what a certain coach could not :x

strider

Post Whore
Avenger said:
Nobody has had better calls then Jake the Snake. He told us all about Hayne, Tim Smith, Inu and Mateo. I just created the topics. Jake is the man.
its true - there are certain ppl u sit up and take alot of notice of when they talk/post about players - i must say u 2 are definitely 2 of them