What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti Mateo (The Saviour)

Avenger

Immortal
Hey eela is it true that he needed some convincing that he is indeed a secondrower and not a lock or 5/8th?

Pazza

First Grade
Avenger said:
Nobody has had better calls then Jake the Snake. He told us all about Hayne, Tim Smith, Inu and Mateo. I just created the topics. Jake is the man.

he also told us about Cordoba

Stagger eel

Staff member
Avenger said:
Hey eela is it true that he needed some convincing that he is indeed a secondrower and not a lock or 5/8th?

not sure mate, but I'm sure he's not whinging about it now.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
How do you know that?
Ask him whether he'd rather be a 5/8th?

Suity

I think he's rather be a firstgrader and that's what he is, first and formost...you reckon he'd probably whinge while the ink on his contract was drying up? ;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
This may have been mentioned but Mateo really did seem to be affected mentally by Brian Smith, his form after he made his top grade debut in 2004 until basically JT took over last year was very poor but since then he has been on fire and if the quotes in the SMH article last week are any indication it's obvious what happened Smith told Feleti he was useless and Feleti beleived him, enter a new coach who encourages Mateo and the results speak for themselves.

I don't think it's so much Micahael Hagan has brought out this form in Feleti it's more the not having smith around has brought out this form in Feleti ever if Paul Langmack was coach Mateo may well be playing like he is now

Pazza

First Grade
i think you are underestimating hagan. he has now proven he doesnt need joey, i think he deserves our respect. plus Cayless and burt and playing alot better under hags

Hurriflatch

Referee
Hagan has done a lot of good (more then I thought) and ok maybe saying Langmack could've done the same for Mateo is a bit of a stretch :lol: but seriously I think that Smith leaving is more important to Mateo's rise then Hagan coming in

Pazza

First Grade
i really think its something we will never know. unless you ask the man himself

COACH STERLING

Juniors
On potential, he could well be the best forward in the world before to long.

He makes opposition defences look second rate.

Bigfella

Coach
I told you he was the Saviour!!!!!!!

You also told us Tim Smith should be released to Brisbane, Luke Burt and Ben Smith are crap! LOL (BTW I bagged Cayless severely at the start of the year and Cannings too. Maybe we should start a "worst calls of the season" thread? I'm guessing PIG would feature fairly prominently...).

But yes, Mateo is the package. Important to have him in the starting side too, not just off the bench. Lets him play more time, and ask questions of the opposition right from the start. Also coming off the bench it forced him to try too much in too short a time?

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
On potential, he could well be the best forward in the world before to long.

He makes opposition defences look second rate.

easy tiger...;-)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Bigfella said:
Maybe we should start a "worst calls of the season" thread? I'm guessing PIG would feature fairly prominently...)

c'mon I've got the award won fairly easily and you all can't deny it :lol:

Stagger eel

Staff member
actually I think Jake the snake should come back and remind us what he said about Benny Smith earlier in the year.....mmmmm!! how many tries has he scored this year so far, I wonder :-k

love ya Jakey boy!! :D

eela....... That try was a knock on :lol: I Still don't rate Smith or Burt even though they are our best players atm ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Jake the snake said:
eela....... That try was a knock on :lol: I Still don't rate Smith or Burt even though they are our best players atm ;-)

I might even use that above quote in my sig...it's beautiful :lol: