What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti's Injury

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm sorry to sound pesamistic...but I wouldn't even enter the idea of believing he'll stay until i know that he's signed, in the meantime things haven't changed and it is a touch and go situation, we may know very soon.

People also have to realise that he's not the only player in the squad so don't treat it like he is.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Imo that goes to Tony Williams......FREAK!!!!!

he's up there...but pound for pound the most naturally gifted player at the club is Albert Kelly with Anthony Mitchell and Kris Keating not to far behind...all three with Tony Williams are all still under 20..

but anyway...as i said before, that's an arguement for another day.

pazzaeel

Juniors
any idea when we can expect to know more about feleti, eela??

can you shed any more light on the clubs who are seriously in the hunt for him?? i am reading manly and the sharks throughout the forums.

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
any idea when we can expect to know more about feleti, eela??

can you shed any more light on the clubs who are seriously in the hunt for him?? i am reading manly and the sharks throughout the forums.

maybe as soon as tomorrow..maybe.

I'd say Manly are our main threat.

pazzaeel

Juniors
im not saying that i know anything about how much players at either parra or manly are getting paid, because i have absolutely no clue. but, you would think that we would have more money to tie feliti up then manly. just goes to show that you shouldnt beleive everything your read in the papers about how much players earn.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
u know what i dont understand.....teams like manly go out and spend huge $$ to sign the likes of Lyon and Orford, they keep there most promosing juniors and still have enough to sign others (on top of that they have a very talented team as is)

While parra, we have a few stars in our first grade team, prolly playing alot for N.Hindmarsh, Cayless, Tahu (although going), and Grothe......otherwise, i dont see a player that should be getting alot of money.
Yet when it comes to player retention (every year) we seem to lose some major players including juniors and sign only fringe first graders.
Make my point clear over the last few years, who have we lost and who have we signed....im sure ull see what im talking about

Stagger eel

Staff member
pazzaeel said:
im not saying that i know anything about how much players at either parra or manly are getting paid, because i have absolutely no clue. but, you would think that we would have more money to tie feliti up then manly. just goes to show that you shouldnt beleive everything your read in the papers about how much players earn.

honostly mate, there is absolutely no point in guessing who's getting what because for all we know we could be way off the mark, and I've been told on numerous occasions that what you just said about the media is true, they have no idea and throw figures out of their arsehole to make a story, you've also got people here who seem to think they know what each player is getting and what we as a club have to spend and I just sit there and laugh my head off, because they just haven't got a clue, in fact we all haven't got a clue, players wages and salary are very rarely discosed to the public.

in terms of individual salaries and cap limits to spend, I've learnt to not guess any more, there's no point. :?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
u know what i dont understand.....teams like manly go out and spend huge $$ to sign the likes of Lyon and Orford, they keep there most promosing juniors and still have enough to sign others (on top of that they have a very talented team as is)

While parra, we have a few stars in our first grade team, prolly playing alot for N.Hindmarsh, Cayless, Tahu (although going), and Grothe......otherwise, i dont see a player that should be getting alot of money.
Yet when it comes to player retention (every year) we seem to lose some major players including juniors and sign only fringe first graders.
Make my point clear over the last few years, who have we lost and who have we signed....im sure ull see what im talking about

I hear what your saying and it's a mystery to me also..

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Forgot Kite too, they signed him to apparently a huge deal when he was in great form with the Saints.

Watmough, Menzies, Stewart, Matai are also on very good deals

hineyrulz

Post Whore
f**k i hate Manly :x Really with the players that have been let go the last 12 months there should be no reason why we can't keep the players we want.