What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Females and Rugby League

Engine

Juniors
I'd like to know how many fans share my feelings regarding this topic.

The footy show has been pushing to have a female panellist for quite some time. I find them to be quite false. They pretend to have some knowledge about the game, but when they speak, it sounds so scripted.

I have never seen a female panellist that comes across as genuine. I switch off whenever I hear them waffle about topics. I find their presence annoying.

Women have no place on a football panel. If they want to join a panel show on television, they can go on "The View" or "Oprah".

adamkungl

Immortal
what makes a male more qualified to discuss footy? tbh i find this view complete nonsense. it makes no sense.

LeagueLegend

Juniors
Everytime Andrew Johns gives his sideline comment it comes across as scripted, he just doesn't talk naturally for tv.

As for women in the game, they shouldn't be given any favours but if they are good enough then I don't see a problem.

Flapper

First Grade
Maybe it's the females they put on the show. I know a lot of women who have informed, educated opinions on the status of the game, and components thereof. It seems ridiculous to cast them aside for the sole reason that they're packing tits and vag.

Eelementary

Post Whore
They chose Magnay, in my opinion, simply because there are no other respected female journalists who love rugby league.

The moment one steps up and shows she deserves to be on the show, we'll see her.

They chose Magnay, in my opinion, simply because there are no other respected female journalists who love rugby league.

The moment one steps up and shows she deserves to be on the show, we'll see her.

magnay is on the footy show? ( i havent watched it in some years)

Eels Dude

Coach
They try to hard. I didn't mind Jacqueline tonight, she made some good points but the problem is she doesn't really fit in and gel with the remainder of the panelists. It's like the others have to prompt her to get involved in the discussions. She's an intelligent woman and knows her rugby league, but whether she fits in on the footy show is another question. I know one thing for certain, she wins the battle over Rebecca Wilson any day of the week.

MsStorm

Bench

I rather like Magnay and in my opinion she should be a regular panelist on the footy show. But how would she get a word in with Vossy on the panel?

Perhaps she would be more comfortable if they added another female panelist. Now that could only be a good thing guys:)

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
Everytime Andrew Johns gives his sideline comment it comes across as scripted, he just doesn't talk naturally for tv.

As for women in the game, they shouldn't be given any favours but if they are good enough then I don't see a problem.

Exactly. As for finding their presence annoying, and having no place on a footy panel of any kind, throw in Ben Ikin, Paul Harragon, and many more. That said, any females i've ever seen on the footy show have been 'around the grounds' quality at best. I'm sure there are loads of women who can talk some good footy though. Its probably a lot harder to get a gig when you aren't an ex player though...

Kiki

First Grade
oh man this is so sad

i would hang him by the balls if it wasnt such an obvious attempt to stir up trouble.

Magnay is an awesome journo and knows her stuff. but i do agree the Footy Show's attempts to involve women in their show is very tokenistic.

they can feel free to ask me and Sassy on though, we could go toe to to with any of the panellists and not be scripted. easy as.

Kiki

First Grade
also can we stop saying 'females' like we are animals or something. we are WOMEN. thanks.

They should take the AFL concept with the bar but instead of a bar have a kitchen, that way, everybody knows what they're talking about.

Latest posts