What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFB Metal Heads

Yeah, I love Helloween...Iced Earth...Blind Guardian...Kamelot...HammerFall...

Then Emperor...Satyricon...Immortal...Burzum...DARKTHRONE...

Then Strapping Young Lad...Devin Townsend...

Then Kataklysm...Bloodbath...Opeth...Scar Symmetry....Soilwork....Disarmonia Mundi...Katatonia....Children Of Bodom...

And too many more to mention.

I think I love you.

Reign in blood is one of if not the best metal album ever

:lol:

Jason Maher

Immortal
How the f**k did this descend into a "my metal sh*ts on your metal" thread? Seriously, metalheads are overrated - just about every last one of them seems to genuinely believe they are in the sole possession of the authoritative list of who is the sh*t, and who is just sh*t, and they hang sh*t on anyone who would dare have an alternative opinion. As the old saying goes - each to their own. And for the record, I like both Load and ReLoad.

Oh, and on-air marriage proposals are over-rated.

Martli

Coach
Pantera the hair band ?

Hahahaha, they were, many moons ago.

And NT, even if you don't like the album itself, you can't deny Reign in Blood's influence on metal. It was completely ahead of it's time, still sounds like an album that was recorded in the 90s or 00s, but it was done late 80s. truly an amazing album.

It's a problem I used to have with old metal, i'd listen to it and it wouldn't sound as awesomely produced or as technical as modern metal and i'd instantly write it off, but when I take into account the era it's from I'm like "this is actually a decent album/band".

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

And NT, even if you don't like the album itself, you can't deny Reign in Blood's influence on metal. It was completely ahead of it's time, still sounds like an album that was recorded in the 90s or 00s, but it was done late 80s. truly an amazing album.

It's a problem I used to have with old metal, i'd listen to it and it wouldn't sound as awesomely produced or as technical as modern metal and i'd instantly write it off, but when I take into account the era it's from I'm like "this is actually a decent album/band".

thank god

it would greatly concern me that some one saw the old Pantera as a metal band

Martli

Coach
pantera15tcoa3.jpg

:lol:

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
seriously, all of these categories for metal are overrated and ridiculous.

How does one clearly define the difference between them? They're all metal. They should be regarded as such

I mentioned it, I think it had a major influence on thrash metal, that's about it. I can't see it going any further, there aren't many albums that influence the whole concept of metal as a whole. Reign In Blood is certainly not one of them.

Pantera from Cowboys from Hell onwards. Speaking of, also one of the best metal albums of all time NT :D

:lol: Fair enough.
Here are what I think some of the best metal albums of all time.

Black Sabbath - Paranoid
Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast (or Powerslave)