What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Pay Mateo that much for 3 good games a season?

No wonder you are regarded as a clown.

Suity

God your a genius,of course they wouldn't pay Mateo that same amount a season nor did i say they would(Obviously you cannot read)

You could pay Mateo half of Cooper's wage

Bazal

Post Whore
God your a genius,of course they wouldn't pay Mateo that same amount a season nor did i say they would(Obviously you cannot read)

And he'd still be an overpaid, lazy lump...

Suitman

Post Whore

LOL.

Warriors are paying him 400 a season. That's what I'm talking about. And for 3 good games a season, it still doesn't work out value for money.

Next?

Suity

Parra are willing to spend up to $500,000 a season on somebody who has never played league at a high level and somebody who has never made a atackle in his life(worst defensive player ever) which begs the question why didn't Parra just keep Mateo and out him at 5/8th ?

Parra = geniuss

Our last major singing was for a guy who plays a handful of decent games during the season and he managed to squeeze $500k/year from us.

Judging by your username you agree with that move, too.

I guess consistency didn't lodge itself into the half-dozen brain cells that splash around in that near empty skull of yours, boy.

TeHEel

Juniors
I like all those who think dropping this coin on someone who had not played league is a big risk. FMD he is probably the best player in Aus S14 and a back at that. League clubs have been targeting talented union backs since Christ wore sandles, and this guy is nothing but class. Unless things have changed and they no longer need to pass, kick, run and tackle (somewhat) you none belivers are on drugs. It's not like this guy plays AFL, only a fool code would try such a conversion :)

BTW still think we won't get him, but good to see the effort. PS if he signs with the broncos I will vomit :)

Avenger

Immortal
Weidler is a tool, no doubt and his approach was awful but looking at his body language and the answers he gave/did not give I reckon he is leaning towards coming to League. Just my observations.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
BTW still think we won't get him, but good to see the effort. PS if he signs with the broncos I will vomit :)

That's where I see him signing in two years when he is ready to switch and when Lockyer has retired. ;-)

Weidler is a tool not doubt and his apparoach was awful but looking at his body language and the answers he gave/did not give I reckon he is leaning towards coming to League. Just my observations.
I agree thats what i thought.
If was going to stay solid it would be the time say something as he is heading into Wallabies camp. Also wouldn't want to say anything negitive about his current employers.

strider

Post Whore
or he didn't want to say anything so as to keep his current employer, who he just wants more money from, guessing so they feel they have to give him want he wants

natheel

Coach
hope he signs tbh, think he will b great...will take maybe the first few rounds next year to get in the rhythm of league but once he hits his straps he and hayne have the potential to rip sides apart

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Our last major singing was for a guy who plays a handful of decent games during the season and he managed to squeeze $500k/year from us.

I guess consistency didn't lodge itself into the half-dozen brain cells that splash around in that near empty skull of yours, boy.

best post in this thread...

Constraint

Juniors
Since when did someone have to blow the roof off the house to have their night's game classified as 'decent'?

oldmancraigy

Coach

WHAT??

I didn't think we paid Burt $500k per season - but I guess you'd know better!!!!!
;-)

AlexTheEel

Juniors
I think the next few days will show us whether he is serious about a move. You can rest assured the ARU will do everything they can do get him tied down before the Wallabies fly out to South Africa on friday.

If he doesnt sign with them before then you would think we are in with some sort of chance.

The problem is unless he signs the deal and we hold off announcing it until his rugby commitments are over how long do we wait before we spend the cash somewhere else.

PASSION

Juniors
Quade was born in NZ, moved to Aus when he was about 11 or 12, lived and played all his football in QLD. Why the f**k would he ever play for NSW.

This is someone that knows nothing of Quade or his family!!!

Quade went to Oz for a while only a year or so, then returned to Tokoroa during High School (Forest View). Played League on Friday nights up in Ngaruawhia with the Tokoroa boyz (afflicated to Turangawaewae U14 and then U16). They blitz the competition two years running. He played the stand off and half back was ISAAC JOHN who is now with Warriors. They were a great pairing. And another great prospect for NRL teams and is just as good as Isaac and Quade is VINNIE MORUNGA, who I think is now in OZ playing in the lower grades, AND IS A GREAT FULL BACK OR STAND OFF THE SAME AS QUADE. All three boys are determined and given the chance will be quality for any team. If only the could be teamed up again.....dreaming.

And Quade didn't even get player of the year while playing league as there were just as good a players in the team. Good players, good supporters and good coaching.

They travelled one and half hours up there and returned that night for League on Friday nights and then they all played rugby on Saturdays.

He went back to Oz as his family decided to go to OZ to live. He was then 16 years old!!! And was noticed as soon as he went to OZ

Prop Forward

Juniors
According to Dan Ginnane on Sky Sports Sportsline, Cooper could sign with the Eels within 48 hours...he said "Parramatta and the NRL are supremely confident the will get his signature". Ginnane reckons he will come to league.

Stagger eel

Staff member
According to Dan Ginnane on Sky Sports Sportsline, Cooper could sign with the Eels within 48 hours...he said "Parramatta and the NRL are supremely confident the will get his signature". Ginnane reckons he will come to league.

as opposed to Ossie's "long shot" quote on sky sports radio this morning..lol

I will reiterate what I said a few days ago, out of all the rumours and speculation we've had this year and there's been plenty, this one would appears to carry more smoke..

at the end of the day it could mean jack schit but that's the way I see it.

Latest posts