What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

forward pass

Coach
lol at the Headline - Secret talks with Eels.:lol:

Is there anyone that this is a secret from? The only thing we don't know is what was ordered for dessert !

hindy111

Post Whore
If parra pay $500K for an untried player in the NRL i would be pretty upset..Thats like putting all your money on black in roulette...

eelement

Juniors
If parra pay $500K for an untried player in the NRL i would be pretty upset..Thats like putting all your money on black in roulette...
f

Its actually 400K with 100k From 3rd party that is how i read it , don't think that extra 100k is part of the cap, thats great if thats how it is

Parraren

Bench
Roulette? Not really but it's definitely a calculated risk.

The way I see it is, there's risk involved with any big value signing from outside the club.

Look at Adam Dykes.

Proven league player and a complete failure with us for 3 years.

QC definitely ticks all the boxes when it comes to skill. He has it all plus speed.

It's a bold move no doubt but I think he can adapt his game to League, especially given he does have some League background and he's still quite young.

sam54no

Juniors
I've never seen this guy play.

But from what my mates who watch rugby say, he's one of the best players in union.

I'd rather spend 400-500k on him then spend 200k-300k on orford, kimmorley or any other retiree.

It's worth the punt i reckon. I just hope we resign Horo. He's been one of our best this season.

eelement

Juniors
QC i keep watching all the highlights of him is unreal, he has pin point accuracy kicking and passing ,he has one of the wildest steps you will ever see, and most importantly he can find holes any where on the park i rate this guy even though we haven't see much of his defense with some the protection from smith ,tahu, hindy, Shaks, and some off season training i reckon he will be famous in no time..:thumn

eelement

Juniors
Roulette? Not really but it's definitely a calculated risk.

The way I see it is, there's risk involved with any big value signing from outside the club.

Look at Adam Dykes.

Proven league player and a complete failure with us for 3 years.

QC definitely ticks all the boxes when it comes to skill. He has it all plus speed.

It's a bold move no doubt but I think he can adapt his game to League, especially given he does have some League background and he's still quite young.

Spot on there is always going to be a risk with who ever you sign example round 1 Shaks that explains it. It could have happened with thurston if we signed him up for what he is reported to be receiving , it would have been shattering for any fan and club i say take the risk, we are risking with these old heads kim,orf,and people that are half hearted in joining our club i.e cronk. Everyone is after the coin i know you know and your neighbour knows it. Really we have the money and for 3 years thats a healthy risk he possibly can't be a complete dud. 500K thats money well spent in my eyes.

Gronk

Staff member
Did you know that Quade brings with him a WAG ?

stephanie-rice-swimsuit.jpg

You think she'd like training at Parra pool ?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/enterta...and-quade-cooper/story-e6frf96o-1225905594528

lewiscook

Juniors
Im convinced he isn't coming and truely think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Im 90% sure tonight he will squash the rumours when interviewed by Weilder.

strider

Post Whore
Im convinced he isn't coming and truely think the whole thing has been blown out of proportion. Im 90% sure tonight he will squash the rumours when interviewed by Weilder.
depends if the wallabies have come good with the cash yet

lewiscook

Juniors
depends if the wallabies have come good with the cash yet

They wont come up with the cash imo, but one thing im sure of everyone involved in the ARU would have been in his ear all day today.

But stranger things have happened...

Forty20

First Grade
Cooper would 'kill it' in league: Genia
Ben Horne
August 16, 2010 - 5:49PM

AAP

Wallabies halfback Will Genia said his long-time teammate Quade Cooper would "kill it" in the NRL and conceded the five-eighth's interest in the Parramatta Eels appeared genuine.

Genia said he had yet to speak to Cooper about his contract saga but was keen to get in his ear as Australia prepare for their tour of South Africa.

There has been speculation that Cooper could earn in excess of $500,000 a year if he switched to rugby league.

"He's waiting upstairs in my room, I'll go up and have a chat to him and maybe I'll let you know later on," Genia told the press on Monday.

The pair have struck up a brilliant combination for Queensland since they first played together as 16-year-olds.

Genia hopes the carrot of playing in the rugby World Cup will be enough to keep Cooper in the 15-a-side game but admitted the NRL posed a real threat.

"I'd say so, the fact that I've read he's sat down and had dinner with the Eel's CEO and Jarryd Hayne and he's had a few other meetings with them," Genia said.

"The fact is he started off playing rugby league when he was younger, so I think the interest is genuine, but as far as a decision goes, we'll just have to wait and see.

"You'd think for any aspiring rugby union player, the chance to play in a World Cup for your country is massive.

"To finish off your career and say `I represented my country in a World Cup' is an absolute honour and an absolute dream but it comes down to his ambitions and whether it's enough to stay in this game or whether he's got more ambitions and more of a passion in the other game.

"I'll have a word to him and say, `look, what are you thinking of doing, what are your reasons, and we'd love to have you stay' and hopefully that's enough."

Clicky

A bit of insight from his halfback, Genia. Pretty much all of it has been said already.

Latest posts