What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

EelsFan05

Bench
I'm sure I said something along these lines nearly three weeks ago... Come on DT get your game together.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Quade Cooper ain't coming! Cronk ain't coming! Barrett ain't coming! Noddy ain't coming!

We can't give our cash away. Nobody wants to be our halfback!

I can say one thing in this story is incorrect. I understand Ossie, and Roy have been in Queensland all week.

If it happens I guess we will see how things go.

Glenn

First Grade
Report on Ch7 stated Parramatta aren't the only league club interested in Quade Cooper, and apparently consider all options.
Can't help but feel this is being used for the ARU to come in and top up his contract 14months out from the WC.

fanaticeel

Juniors
Hmm I dunno about the World Cup as he wouldn't be first choice for the big games. He's behind Giteau, Barnes... though I've forgotten if Barnes is a 10 or 9.. and Will Genia.

I hope he comes to Parra. If he does though Queensland wouldn't let NSW pick him for Origin.

boxhead

First Grade
This is.....staggering.....
Amazing news.
Who the hell was it that mentioned this last night before the article was produced?
Honestly.....there is quite obviously inside information that we are going to sign him, because last night on these very forums before the DT article was published, someone came out and mentioned Quade Cooper coming to us, and everyone scoffed him off.....
Wow.

Hmm I dunno about the World Cup as he wouldn't be first choice for the big games. He's behind Giteau, Barnes... though I've forgotten if Barnes is a 10 or 9.. and Will Genia.

I hope he comes to Parra. If he does though Queensland wouldn't let NSW pick him for Origin.

He's actually the first choice no.10 at the moment. Which would make it all the more stunning if he did come to rugby league.

Forty20

First Grade
He's actually the first choice no.10 at the moment. Which would make it all the more stunning if he did come to rugby league.

Correct, the ARU will be pretty desperate to keep him. The player much more likely to come over to league right now is Berrick Barnes who:
a. Has a strong history with league, having played for the Broncos
b. Is behind Cooper and Giteau in the playmaker stakes

Anyways, all we can do is sit and watch it all play out for better or worse.

oldmancraigy

Coach
This is.....staggering.....
Amazing news.
Who the hell was it that mentioned this last night before the article was produced?
Honestly.....there is quite obviously inside information that we are going to sign him, because last night on these very forums before the DT article was published, someone came out and mentioned Quade Cooper coming to us, and everyone scoffed him off.....
Wow.

Mate I hope that's right - but I aint getting my hopes up!

Q Cooper would be like Tim Smith with game! He's born to be a league player - his skills are wasted in union. He would definitely convert to the number 7 position, the biggest question marks would be over (1) fitness and (2) speed of game. If he could adapt to the up and back (you'd think so) and then having a little bit less time to make his decisions, he'd be a star.

If he played for Parra, would that make him a NSWelshman as far as Origin goes?

Gronk

Staff member
As all have said, Quade Cooper would be a gun and I have no doubt that his ability would be equal of Campese and possibly even the elite NRL players after a few years. A massive plus is that he's only 22.

I suspect that this has come from his manager as a ploy to milk more cash from the ARU, but having said that the WC may not be the carrot that everyone thinks. Let's face it we're going to get pantsed by probably SA, NZ, England and France. Might be a good time for Quade to jump in fact.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
we could do alot worse, but he aint gonna just slot in and be a good play maker

it would take a few seasons to be able to read our game and set up the plays, he would probably play at Wenty for some time before he cold play in the NRL

Gronk

Staff member
I'm sure Quade Cooper has already played first grade for the Broncos.

Suity

Nope he played Australian School Boys RU straight from Grammar in Brisbane and was signed by the Reds.

EDIT: You're getting him mixed up with Berrick Barnes, who Wayne Bennett was desperate to keep.

Forty20

First Grade
I'm sure Quade Cooper has already played first grade for the Broncos.

Suity

Sure you're not confusing him with Berrick Barnes? They emerged at the same time but it was Barnes who came through the Broncos system and played first grade for them.

EDIT: Ninja'd! Smooth work Gronk.

Forty20

First Grade
I stand corrected.

Suity

It's all good Suity, it happens to me so often that I have trained my posture around that position.

Barnes would be a good buy as well. He would bring more organisation and stability than Cooper but would trade some of that X-factor that Cooper possesses.