What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

cgee221

Juniors
What about the dickheads policy?

Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Parraren

Bench
Are RU poached players still exempt from the salary cap or have some other type of discount applied?

I remember the NRL coming out with this a few years back when we lost Tuqiri, Rogers, Sailor etc.

Not sure if it still applies though.

Eelementary

Post Whore
There seems to be a bit of depth to this story, does anyone here follow Rugby enough to give a detail about his game and how it can be translated to League and our team?

IMO (and bear in mind I have been a massive fan of this kid since I first saw him play, Forty described him perfectly. He looks a little like Tim Smith (in the face, I mean)!

But he has that same boyish quality about his game - hopping around, clapping, etc.

Skills-wise he has it all.

Gigolo

Juniors
Even though I love having a crack at the Eels being a Bulldogs supporter, I do genuinely hope you get this guy because he will be a good get for rugby league.

He is a star and will do really well and I think it would be good to get one back on union as they've really had a field day signing some of our best players.

If you get him you will be a massive force next year.

Springs

First Grade
I thought we were looking for an experienced half to help develop Mortimer's game? And will Cooper play half or five-eighth?

TheRam

Coach
Are RU poached players still exempt from the salary cap or have some other type of discount applied?

I remember the NRL coming out with this a few years back when we lost Tuqiri, Rogers, Sailor etc.

Not sure if it still applies though.

I don't think that it ever applied Parraren.

Mate I hope that's right - but I aint getting my hopes up!

Q Cooper would be like Tim Smith with game! He's born to be a league player - his skills are wasted in union. He would definitely convert to the number 7 position, the biggest question marks would be over (1) fitness and (2) speed of game. If he could adapt to the up and back (you'd think so) and then having a little bit less time to make his decisions, he'd be a star.

If he played for Parra, would that make him a NSWelshman as far as Origin goes?

How do you figure he has 'less' time to make his decisions - considering in RL there is a 10 metre rule where as in RU the defence is alot closer.

I am sure he would be great in RL - although I can't see it happening. Not yet anyway.

At any rte, I was under the impression that all RU players were sh*t?

I am surprised the Eels are interested in him.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is above average in attack, but he is a massive defensive liability.

You'd want to have some solid defenders all around him. If he's a poor defender in rugby, he's going to be worse in league, given he has two less forwards to help him out.

He'll be a good signing, but I have a bad feeling, judging on his comments, that he's looking for money more than anything else.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Don't talk like one of them. You're not! Even if you'd like to be. To them, you're just a freak, like me! They need you right now, but when they don't, they'll cast you out, like a leper! You see, their morals, their code, it's a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

I <3 Joker

Eelementary

Post Whore
Does anyone know if any other media outlet has "leaked" this story yet? Or is it just, at this stage, the Telegraph?

Nah the story I heard was that he was pissed and staying at a mates place. He meandered home by himself and his key wouldn't work. Stupidly he forced entry. Turns out that it was the house/flat next door. The opportunistic uni students that lived there then made a claim for stolen laptop(s) that never existed.

Would you kick your mates door down though?

I would say there is more to it.

As far as his playing ability goes, he is the go to man for the Reds, in both attack & defence.:lol: Much like Lockyer has been over the years.;-)

SDM

First Grade
But did the SMH push Zappia's barrow? Surely that was breaking news:lol: