What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

hineyrulz

Post Whore
He's just using us as a bargaining chip to push his contract up, watch for the ARU to rush out with a massive top up to his contract. He must be getting a raw deal, no wonder he is nicking laptops..........

strider

Post Whore
i can't believe the frenzy building up on this forum over this ... hasn't anyone learnt from recent history? :lol:

seriously - i can't see any hope in hell that a rah rah who is currently in the wallabies will switch to league ..... its a reverse Joey Johns money grab ffs

Oscarman

Juniors
i can't believe the frenzy building up on this forum over this ... hasn't anyone learnt from recent history? :lol:

I guess it's just a by-product of there being no signings of any substance so far. The Poore, Shack, Tahu signings came out of nowhere but this year there is way more media talk about who we are chasing. It may be counter productive too.

DeanPay98

Juniors
As all have said, Quade Cooper would be a gun and I have no doubt that his ability would be equal of Campese and possibly even the elite NRL players after a few years. A massive plus is that he's only 22.

I suspect that this has come from his manager as a ploy to milk more cash from the ARU, but having said that the WC may not be the carrot that everyone thinks. Let's face it we're going to get pantsed by probably SA, NZ, England and France. Might be a good time for Quade to jump in fact.

I think you're right on this point. He's probably negotiating with us as a means of getting the ARU to stump up more cash. Many NRL players have done the same thing.

It would be interesting if it came off. But the World Cup is such a big thing to union players that it'd be unlikely that he'd miss that.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
This rumour is nearly too good to be true!!
I would find it hard to believe he would work all his life to get to a World Cup and sign with League just before it.....but still, very exciting!!

He and Haynsey do talk all the time on twitter, but i doubt that's how they met. Seems like they already knew each other and just use it as a means to catch up

Parra Guru

Coach
He's actually the first choice no.10 at the moment. Which would make it all the more stunning if he did come to rugby league.

Yep

9. Genia
10. Cooper
12. Giteau

Nowhere - Barnes

Genia and Cooper have been the best combo since the retirement of Gregan & Larkham. It would kill the ARU to lose Cooper on the eve of the World Cup.

so is he any good? i don't watch rugby as a rule so have never seen him play and only know his name due to him getting charged for thieft.

parra pete

Referee
IMO...he is the best Wallaby back at the moment. Magical runner, great goal kicker. Don't know about his defence though..

TheRam

Coach
What a player, basically he is a tougher Benji Marshall. What I like about his game that would ensure that he could make it in league is his ability to step through traffic with both strength and magical foot work and his offloads are fantastic which fits into Parra's game just perfectly.

But it ain't ever gonna happen, his camp is just playing money politics, much the pity though. But I ask again, why couldn't our leaders(cough, cough) in the NRL allow all our clubs to pay an initial unlimited amount for any player outside of rugby league, with only a maximum of $400 000 going onto the salary cap, for a maximum of 3 years, but only one style of these contracts per club.

That would give the NRL some teeth in attacking other codes and put our rivals on notice and would obviously strengthen our comp as well.

Sure I know some people will say that it would only benefit the stronger clubs and that is probably true, but I don't give a toss, last time I looked we weren't under Communist rule. Also if something like this were to ever happen :pray:, I get the feeling that more Yawnion players would be opting to join the NRL, then would be going.

applesauce

Bench
The best number 10. to come along since Larkham and has the ability to be something much better considering his age and how far his growth has come (in terms of playing ability) in the past few years.

Would be a knife in the hearts of the ARU with the WC around the corner.

Sparky 74

Juniors
Mate I hope that's right - but I aint getting my hopes up!

Q Cooper would be like Tim Smith with game! He's born to be a league player - his skills are wasted in union. He would definitely convert to the number 7 position, the biggest question marks would be over (1) fitness and (2) speed of game. If he could adapt to the up and back (you'd think so) and then having a little bit less time to make his decisions, he'd be a star.

If he played for Parra, would that make him a NSWelshman as far as Origin goes?

I would like to see this in the EELS 2011 line up

1. J. Hayne
2. L. Burt
3. J. Reddy
4. T. Tahu
5. E. Grothe
6. Q. Copper
7. T. Smith (seemed to be on the right track)
8. T. Mannah
9. D. Mortimer
10. J. Poore
11. N. Hindmarsh
12. B. Smith
13. S. Shackelton

14. A. Mitchell
15. J. Horo
16. J. Mannah (would love to see him back in the Blue& Gold)
17. F. Moi Moi

Gronk

Staff member
What about the dickheads policy?

Nah the story I heard was that he was pissed and staying at a mates place. He meandered home by himself and his key wouldn't work. Stupidly he forced entry. Turns out that it was the house/flat next door. The opportunistic uni students that lived there then made a claim for stolen laptop(s) that never existed.

Gronk

Staff member
I would like to see this in the EELS 2011 line up

1. J. Hayne
2. L. Burt
3. J. Reddy
4. T. Tahu
5. E. Grothe
6. Q. Copper
7. T. Smith (seemed to be on the right track)
8. T. Mannah
9. D. Mortimer
10. J. Poore
11. N. Hindmarsh
12. B. Smith
13. S. Shackelton

14. A. Mitchell
15. J. Horo
16. J. Mannah (would love to see him back in the Blue& Gold)
17. F. Moi Moi

There are two Sharks players in your team that are no way near first graders.

SDM

First Grade
Yeah I know, we need more of them, they win comps.

I agree, was just wondering if there was an about face, or more deperate times/desperate measures.

I see in Gronks post, he only did the Freddy Fittler, sounds like nothing.

JessEel

Accredited Media Releases
Nah the story I heard was that he was pissed and staying at a mates place. He meandered home by himself and his key wouldn't work. Stupidly he forced entry. Turns out that it was the house/flat next door. The opportunistic uni students that lived there then made a claim for stolen laptop(s) that never existed.
is that true? f**k me i'd hate to be famous... *smh*