What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

Prop Forward

Juniors
As I said yesterday, my mail from a source close to Cooper is that it is actually just a beat up to get his price up. He has no interest at all at ever playing Rugby League and sees Rugby as the superior game.

When asked today on twitter

@QuadeCooper hey Hun jus wondering is it true u tryin or going to come play for d eels?? :)
to which he replied

@Briinii_2 havnt decided still uncertain
https://twitter.com/QuadeCooper

It is all a beat up!

Stagger eel

Staff member
he may well stay at rah rah and i have no reason to believe that he won't, however if a the way negotiations are panning out means that a source close to QC camp is correct and is adamant that we're being taken for a ride and his not coming than we need to start to question Ossie in his role as CEO at the club..

after the Cronk and Barrett affair we should of been a little more conservative with the resources and time taken to try and persuade someone at the club, we could well get stung 3 times in the about 6 weeks and the only person who should be held accountable is Ossie..

massive preasure on him.

TeHEel

Juniors
There was something on fox today that said he is doing the Parra facilities visit today. As someone that does not live in Sydney, can anyone in the know tell me if its something worth seeing or not?? Is it going to impress QC compared to what he would see every day of the week?

Stagger eel

Staff member
There was something on fox today that said he is doing the Parra facilities visit today. As someone that does not live in Sydney, can anyone in the know tell me if its something worth seeing or not?? Is it going to impress QC compared to what he would see every day of the week?

mate, all it would be is a tour of the dressing rooms and GYM (high performance centre for the fancy pansies) upstairs, he'll also meet the coaching staff including Haydon Knowels who's probably the most respected trainer not only in the game but in sport in general..

I'm not sure what the benefits are with a tour of the administration offices and so forth but he'll probably go there and I'm not really where else he'd go..

Gronk

Staff member
One thing sure and certain: I reckon there are 3 people on this earth that know what's going on. Quade, Quade's Mum and Quade's manager. Anyone else who professes inside info has got their hand on it.

As for him telling all on his twitter account - bullcrap.

http://twitter.com/quadecooper

Stagger eel

Staff member
One thing sure and certain: I reckon there are 3 people on this earth that know what's going on. Quade, Quade's Mum and Quade's manager. Anyone else who professes inside info has got their hand on it.

As for him telling all on his twitter account - bullcrap.

http://twitter.com/quadecooper

that's what I mean, if it's as blatent as Quade telling a good mate that his having a lend at our expense than we should have enough balls to ring his management group and telling him that we won't be taken for a ride and he can move along with his career.

Mickyd39

Juniors
http://au.sports.yahoo.com/nrl/blogs/post/-/peterpeters/251/1

Dear Quade,

I read with interest that you've had enough of that boring 15-man game where the referee blows the pea out of the whistle and the rest of you wait around for the next penalty shot at goal or scrum re-set.

I don't blame you for wanting out. I'm just wondering why it took so long.
To me you look like a rugby league player trapped inside a union player's body.

Why would you stay in rugby?

It is so boring for a player with so much talent.

You're a good player. I've always liked watching you play and long thought you'd be a natural for rugby league.

I see as you very similar to dual international Michael O'Connor, who immediately took to league after escaping rugby in the 1980s
Like 'Snoz', you can step, you can use the ball, you can kick you've got all the skills but you play with the shackles on.

You should come across to a game where you're actually allowed to run with the ball and showcase your myriad talents.

And there's a fair chance you'll be on a winning side a lot more often than you are now with the Mogadon Wallabies.

How that Kiwi-born coach of yours still has a job is beyond me but rugby people have long gone around with their heads firmly stuck in the sand.
But it sounds like you've got yours firmly switched on if you're seriously contemplating a switch to the greatest game of all.

Although I do suspect the publicity surrounding your proposed change of code is being driven by a savvy manager looking to force John O'Neill to shell out a little extra at contract time.

By all means stay with the rah rahs and play in that gala day they've got planned in New Zealand next year.

By 2012 you'll still only be 23 and in prime condition for a move to league.
Just do me one favour when you finally decide you've had enough of the leather patch brigade .

Give me a call. We'd love to have a chat about you joining the Sea Eagles.

You don't want to risk a move to Parramatta.
Have you seen what they do with young talent?
Krisnan Inu and Feleti Mateo are fleeing to New Zealand to revive their careers and young Daniel Mortimer is being paid $350,000 to play park footy.

Come over and join Dessie and I in God's Country and I guarantee you will be a dual international by the time we finish with you.

In the meantime, good luck staying awake for the rest of your rugby career.

I'd love to watch you over in South Africa but I really need to get stuck into removing the mould on the bathroom tiles.

Speak soon your friend in rugby league, Zorba.

This fat turd is a disgrace.(although, i agree with his comments about rugby)

I'm suprised Moanly didn't try to get Inu and Mateo, they like to sign our players.

I think fatso has forgotten that O'Connor started his RL career with the Dragons.

Gronk

Staff member
The club should take action over an official from another club releasing this slanderous rubbish.

Gronk

Staff member
is he still alive????

Pretty sure he's still about.

165f1a35-2b66-4746-87b9-c961010852b2_jabba_the_hut.jpg