What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

Commodore

Juniors
Somethings going on channel 9 were set up tonight supposedly with a scoop re Quade Cooper. Maybe we will hear something before Wednesday!

mrpwnd

Bench

Name: Fumiaki Tanaka
Team Japan
Position: Scrum Half
Height: 166 cm
Weight: 75 kg
Date of Birth: 30/01/1985
Club: Sanyo Wild Knights
School: Fushimi High School University Kyoto Sangyo University

Forget Quade Cooper, I reckon we could pull this bloke in for cheaper.

Fathead

Bench
The media has reported that QC is off to RSA, however, if it's true that if he is meeting with Eels officials right now, this can only be more proof that he is serious about league.

Prob telling Ozzy that he is staying in RU.

In all honesty I believe he will stay in Union for 1 year and then sign with the eels.

belmoreeel

Juniors
if he stays in RU for 1 year i bet he will never join parra its now or never also i feel this is dragging on and if there is no announcement this week forget about QC

El Diablo

Post Whore
Prob telling Ozzy that he is staying in RU.

In all honesty I believe he will stay in Union for 1 year and then sign with the eels.

why not just ring him or get his manager to tell them that if it were the case?

can't see him going out of his way to meet in person to say he's staying with Union

AlexTheEel

Juniors
if he stays in RU for 1 year i bet he will never join parra its now or never also i feel this is dragging on and if there is no announcement this week forget about QC

I think opposite. If he was to announce an eels deal this week he would be dropped from the wallabies. The longer this goes on the more chance we are.

Djay

Juniors
I tend to agree, If his gonna come to us it will be now but I can't see him coming next year unless he signs for 2012 now.

Prop Forward

Juniors
Jarryd Hayne...did the club declare your new necklace to the NRL...Salary Cap officials might be nervous...you promoting on twitter that you are getting free jewellery from a club sponsor.

147989602-138d3e49213b74b449999ff84f0e3ca2.4c6d15b8-full.jpg

Last edited:

Hindyscrack

Bench
Someone might want to tell Zorba that by bagging off Robbie Deans, he has also bagged off the New Zealand born Quade Cooper... muppet

Parramatta only sheds so much talent, due to the amount that is produced through our juniors.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Just on the Twitter thing momentarily...It's not uncommon for "celebrities" to keep their fans updated using Twitter. Whether it's for real or not, nobody knows, but they do use it. Case in point:

WWE Superstar John Cena used his Twitter account to get fans to petition to get Bryan Danielson (or as the WWE book him, Daniel Bryan) re-hired by the company. He was sacked because he used a tie to choke the announcer and with Vince McMahon's wife Linda running for Congress, they felt it was a bad message and sacked him. On the spot. The internet wrestling community was pissed and demanded he be re-hired - John Cena even going as far as using his account to gather his fans and sign an online petition. Bryan made a "surprise" return to the WWE last week.

Now whether or not the storyline involving Bryan's axing was staged or legitimate, the point I'm making is Cena using his Twitter account to talk to fans was legitimate.

I still don't think Quade Cooper will ever play for the Parramatta Eels, but I am just saying - info leaked/discussed on Twitter isn't necessarily false.

Rumours also abound that former ECW and WWE hardman Tazz announced cryptically he was signing for TNA using his Facebook account...

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
QUADE Cooper's future won't be decided until after he returns from Tri Nations duty in South Africa at the end of the month.

The 22-year-old had agreed to tour Parramatta Stadium on Wednesday but could not break out of Camp Wallaby in Coogee.

Supremely confident Eels officials were originally expecting an answer by today - when Cooper and the Australian side depart for Johannesburg - and have been left with a nervous wait on their hands.

Link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexnr-1225907481413

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Quade Cooper has plenty to lose:
David Pocock

Jon Geddes and Peter Badel
The Daily Telegraph
August 20, 2010

WALLABIES back-rower David Pocock, one of Quade Cooper's closest mates,
believes the star five-eighth would be very brave to walk away
from rugby and make the big switch to rugby league.

464935-quade-cooper.jpg

Risk ... Quade Cooper. Source: The Daily Telegraph

His view came as the ARU bumped up its offer to Cooper to the tune of $100,000 over two years, bringing the talented No. 10's base contract level up to $400,000 a year.

Though still under Parramatta's $500,000-a-year offer, Cooper now stands to earn well over $600,000 by collecting match fees for both the Queensland Reds and the Wallabies.

Cooper reportedly met with Eels officials last night and despite flying out this morning with the Wallabies to South Africa, is believed to be keen to make a decision over the weekend.

Wallabies coach Robbie Deans yesterday admitted the Cooper saga had caused "angst" in camp this week and was later seen deep in discussion with his five-eighth at the team hotel. He was no doubt attempting to convince Cooper to stay on. Pocock- who first played with Cooper as a schoolboy in Queensland - also had discussions with him but hadn't tried to persuade him what to do.

"He has built up over five years or so to get where he is," Pocock said. "He would be very brave to leave I think. It's a totally new challenge, it's a bit of the unknown."

Pocock, who has spent time with Cooper since the squad went back into camp this week, said it was hard to know what he will do.

"He obviously has a lot to think about. At the end of the day he's a grown man and he will make his own decision," Pocock said.

"From my point of view I hope he stays. I really enjoy playing alongside him and he knows how much we enjoy having him around."

Pocock said the issue had not affected the Wallabies' preparations for their upcoming Tests against South Africa and that it was business as usual. But he will clearly be happy when the current hullabaloo ends.

"It will be good to get to South Africa tomorrow, they have never heard about rugby league," Pocock said.

Pocock had been in Perth when the story about Cooper first broke.

"I had no idea about the whole thing and coming to Sydney there is so much carry-on about Quade," Pocock said.

Deans said the saga had been the source of a lot of discussion and humour among the squad.

"And probably it would be fair to say that it has been the source of a bit of angst as well because it has added some peripheral interest which potentially can be a distraction depending on how we manage that," Deans said.

"I don't believe it has been a distraction to date.

"It's actually par for the course - obviously there is a little more interest than usual in this one."

Link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ose-david-pocock/story-e6frey4i-1225907464335

caylo

Bench
QUADE Cooper's future won't be decided until after he returns from Tri Nations duty in South Africa at the end of the month.

The 22-year-old had agreed to tour Parramatta Stadium on Wednesday but could not break out of Camp Wallaby in Coogee.

Supremely confident Eels officials were originally expecting an answer by today - when Cooper and the Australian side depart for Johannesburg - and have been left with a nervous wait on their hands.

Link: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...-parramatta-eels/story-e6frexnr-1225907481413

That is a nervous two weeks for all parties, it will be hard for him not to be swayed will on tour but im still crossing the fingers

Gronk

Staff member
That is a nervous two weeks for all parties, it will be hard for him not to be swayed will on tour but im still crossing the fingers

Yes but getting flogged by the Boks at altitude after getting pantsed by the All Blacks and being made looked like park footballers in the scrums by England might make him realize that the whole world cup thing ain't that glamorous when your country is likely to come 4th. ;-)

Latest posts