What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

boxhead

First Grade
Ah just a question Boxhead, are you referring to a new signing for Parra for 2011?

Oh yes indeed....
In fact, this was circulated on a very specific date...
Started with a '2' and ended with a '4', the halfway mark of this year.....
Take from that what you will.

boxhead

First Grade
Sorry lewiscook, I was referring to the infamous '2 signings' thread.
I didn't meant this to go on after the first post; it took me a while to realize that the original post could be taken to mean "scoop of sh*t".
Sorry guys, I meant this as a little joke, I thought if I kept giving subtle hints; i.e. the number 2 and 4 and the midway point of the year; 24th of July, when the 2 signings thead appeared, and so on, you guys would get the joke.
Sorry, and sorry if I piss you guys off.
Not a good idea at these times, but I thought a little joke referencing the infamous 2 signings thread would lighten everyone's moods. Sorry again.
Threw in those 'many viewings' references because the '2 signings' thread was the most viewed topic ever on the 'other site', and etc.
Hope I didn't dampen your day :( was trying to give ya's a laugh.

However, yes, I have heard rumblings that Quade Cooper is coming, and not just from the papers.

Last edited:

lewiscook

Juniors
Sorry lewiscook, I was referring to the infamous '2 signings' thread.
I didn't meant this to go on after the first post; it took me a while to realize that the original post could be taken to mean "scoop of sh*t".
Sorry guys, I meant this as a little joke, I thought if I kept giving subtle hints; i.e. the number 2 and 4 and the midway point of the year; 24th of July, when the 2 signings thead appeared, and so on, you guys would get the joke.
Sorry, and sorry if I piss you guys off.
Not a good idea at these times, but I thought a little joke referencing the infamous 2 signings thread would lighten everyone's moods. Sorry again.
Threw in those 'many viewings' references because the '2 signings' thread was the most viewed topic ever on the 'other site', and etc.
Hope I didn't dampen your day :( was trying to give ya's a laugh.

Haha no probss broo!

Good to here bout the quade cooper part but!
However, yes, I have heard rumblings that Quade Cooper is coming, and not just from the papers.

boxhead

First Grade

Heh no worries mate. I still have no idea if it is happening, but the news is good. Of course, it could turn around and not happen at any moment; we will see what happens.

caylo

Bench
If Quade Cooper does come it may be an Idea to play Murray (Roosters U20s HB) at halfback and Quade at 5-8. Both inexperianced in the NRL but that might allow Murray to play his natural game with little pressure and allow Quade to organise the backline like he would in RU and not worry to much about the forwards and that way Hayne can play on the edges off the outside shoulder of the backrower and support through the middle rather then be our halfback, 5-8 and fullback all in one.

Any yes im just dreaming for now but If Quade doesnt come I would play Murray and Humble and let Mortz work his way back into the team.

boxhead

First Grade
If Quade Cooper does come it may be an Idea to play Murray (Roosters U20s HB) at halfback and Quade at 5-8. Both inexperianced in the NRL but that might allow Murray to play his natural game with little pressure and allow Quade to organise the backline like he would in RU and not worry to much about the forwards and that way Hayne can play on the edges off the outside shoulder of the backrower and support through the middle rather then be our halfback, 5-8 and fullback all in one.

Any yes im just dreaming for now but If Quade doesnt come I would play Murray and Humble and let Mortz work his way back into the team.

Very good ideas caylo. I agree with a lot of that, although if Anderson chooses to let Brad Murray settle in first into Wenty or NYC (if he is still eligible), then I would say our halves combo would be 6. Mortimer and 7. Cooper
I'd like Tom Humble or Anthony Mitchell to be our interchange player, dunno which :? will have to see how Mitchell goes now.

caylo

Bench
Very good ideas caylo. I agree with a lot of that, although if Anderson chooses to let Brad Murray settle in first into Wenty or NYC (if he is still eligible), then I would say our halves combo would be 6. Mortimer and 7. Cooper
I'd like Tom Humble or Anthony Mitchell to be our interchange player, dunno which :? will have to see how Mitchell goes now.

IMO Anderson is banking on Mitchell to come through and play most of next year at 14. The halves are the biggest unknowns atm and tbh I don't like the idea of mortimer coming back until he works on his kicking and passing game. The arrival of Murray and Barba with Humble and Robson already in the team I expect that Mortz will not be a walk up irrespective of his paypack

Latest posts