What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Well his ploy has worked. The aru have increased his base contract.

I think he was just using parra for leverage.

Gronk

Staff member
That's not to say that he wasn't serious about crossing over if he didn't get what he wanted.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
I reckon some provocative naked images of things inserted in Ian Thorpe may change things:lol:;-)

He only has to watch one of the many Queer As Folk episodes spanning across 5 years on SBS to pump pints of blood into his seriously flogged organ.:lol::lol::lol:

mrpwnd

Bench
Just on the Twitter thing momentarily...It's not uncommon for "celebrities" to keep their fans updated using Twitter. Whether it's for real or not, nobody knows, but they do use it. Case in point:

WWE Superstar John Cena used his Twitter account to get fans to petition to get Bryan Danielson (or as the WWE book him, Daniel Bryan) re-hired by the company. He was sacked because he used a tie to choke the announcer and with Vince McMahon's wife Linda running for Congress, they felt it was a bad message and sacked him. On the spot. The internet wrestling community was pissed and demanded he be re-hired - John Cena even going as far as using his account to gather his fans and sign an online petition. Bryan made a "surprise" return to the WWE last week.

Now whether or not the storyline involving Bryan's axing was staged or legitimate, the point I'm making is Cena using his Twitter account to talk to fans was legitimate.

I still don't think Quade Cooper will ever play for the Parramatta Eels, but I am just saying - info leaked/discussed on Twitter isn't necessarily false.

Rumours also abound that former ECW and WWE hardman Tazz announced cryptically he was signing for TNA using his Facebook account...
So that just means wrestling is just as fake as twitter isn't it?

mrpwnd

Bench
Quade has the choice of coming here at Parra and be a part of some great winning culture*cough*, or stay in union and be lucky to maintain 4th position. I know what i'd choose.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So that just means wrestling is just as fake as twitter isn't it?

???

Pro wrestling is scripted, yes. But the point is Cena broke kayfabe to get Bryan re-hired. Twitter and Facebook are routinely used by celebrities to update fans.

TheRam

Coach
Let's face it RAM you have a hunch but in reality NFI just like the rest of us.

Too True mate, but I have been in enough business deals to know when I am being played or not, and this one smells to high heaven.

If I were a betting man, I would say the odds are 98 to 2 against him coming to Parra. They have played it perfectly to get what they always wanted.

1. More money from the Union, priority number one.
2. So much more money that they will be committed to playing him in the Wallabies team no matter what or risk major egg on face.
3. He has become the 'MAN' in their sport and his profile has gone to the apex level in public recognition.
4. Due to this new found recognition all he has to do is play well enough to receive praise and he will find many new sponsors waiting for him at the bottom of the garden like little fairy Godmothers willing to grant all his wishes true.

But hey I suppose by my reckoning there's a couple of percent chance that he may risk all that and come and try his hand at the toughest team sport in the world for a guaranteed amount, but if he should fail then well...I think you all can work out the rest.

Like I said, due to his actions thus far, my money is on him staying put. He and his manager have played a great game of poker and they have one hell of a pay day coming up.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
Hey guys.
Got the scoop.
Can't say anything yet....
All I can think of is the number '2'.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Hey guys.
Got the scoop.
Can't say anything yet....