What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

oldmancraigy

Coach
IMO...an it is just that, an opinion, Quade Cooper is a special to sign with Parramatta Eels after he returns from Suid afrika.
As a matter of fact...Wouldn't be surprised if he has already signed.

I agree 100%.

If he was going to stay in Union, then wouldn't he have signed already?

Been "all quiet" on the union front as far as his contract is concerned - I think we're in.

Gronk

Staff member
He's also said in the SMH today that "he's played Rugby on a Sat and League on a Sunday all his juniors". This means that he does not share the "mungo" anti-league stance that many rah rahs do.

The fat lady hasn't sung that's for sure.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I still don't get all the Humble love tbh. He's been solid - I saw him play 5/8 and fullback for us and thought, "He's OK."

Perhaps he stood out more because poor old Morts had such a shocking season? I don't know.

I tell you what, though - once Morts gets his confidence and form back he will be a weapon. A confident and in-form Mortimer, coupled with his great attitude, is a must-have IMO.

But first things first - let's get him his form and confidence back.

mrpwnd

Bench
I still don't get all the Humble love tbh. He's been solid - I saw him play 5/8 and fullback for us and thought, "He's OK."

Perhaps he stood out more because poor old Morts had such a shocking season? I don't know.

I tell you what, though - once Morts gets his confidence and form back he will be a weapon. A confident and in-form Mortimer, coupled with his great attitude, is a must-have IMO.

That's exactly what makes Humble a better player. He's managed to be solid in a poor season, whereas Morts has been poor throughout the year, save for the gold run last year, when everyone was looking good.

Eelementary

Post Whore
That's exactly what makes Humble a better player. He's managed to be solid in a poor season, whereas Morts has been poor throughout the year, save for the gold run last year, when everyone was looking good.

Mortimer is suffering from second year syndrome - Humble is in his first season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Humble struggled next year much like Mortimer has done this year.

Second year syndrome is no joke - golden boy Tim Smith suffered from it, for one.

Besides, Humble's played what - 5, 6 games? Mortimer played most of the season. It's going to be easier for Humble to look brighter when he plays half the amount of games.

He certainly wasn't the sole reason we won the games we did when he played.

forward pass

Coach
At his best, Mortimer is a match for any five-eighth in the competition and has a brilliant short kicking game and running game.

Um - are you talking about our Mortimer or another one? You are kidding right. How many games have you actually watched?:crazy:

oldmancraigy

Coach
Um - are you talking about our Mortimer or another one? You are kidding right. How many games have you actually watched?:crazy:

I don't think he meant his bombs/ grubbers/ chips - I think he meant Mortimer was BRILLIANT at kicking the ball only short distances. :lol:

If that's the case I'd agree - the number of times he's had an almighty swing at the ball to see it only go 20-25m on the fly.... :lol:

Kornstar

Coach

I don't get the Humble love either????

His last game was absolutely shocking. Hs debut against Manly was good but after that I thought he was less and less effective!

Obviously DA thinks more of KK as he is still in the team and won't be here next year, where as Humble will be here next year and still hasn't been given another shot since his shocker against the Warriors.

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Quade Cooper will not come to the Eels. He's buckleys. No hope. It just won't happen before a Rugby World Cup year. He's using the Eels as leverage simply as that.

mrpwnd

Bench
Mortimer is suffering from second year syndrome - Humble is in his first season.

I wouldn't be surprised if Humble struggled next year much like Mortimer has done this year.

Second year syndrome is no joke - golden boy Tim Smith suffered from it, for one.

Besides, Humble's played what - 5, 6 games? Mortimer played most of the season. It's going to be easier for Humble to look brighter when he plays half the amount of games.

He certainly wasn't the sole reason we won the games we did when he played.
So basically, because of his second year syndrome, we now waste an entire year hoping that he gets over it? First grade has no room for that stupid sh*t.
I wouldn't be surprised also if Humble struggled next year as well, but that was by no means a good enough excuse to have Mortimer over him this year despite better form. Remember DA's creed of form=selection. This year, Humbles been more in form than Morts and not chosen.

I know Humbles played 5-6 games, but at the end of the day, if you put in a player who outplays his replacement, then keep him in longer and see how he goes on a consistent basis, Humble has been denied the opportunity because of an agenda-driven desire to develop Mortimer into a world-class halfback, every sign points to Humble being the better player, if you don't take the word of the people on this forum, then i'll instill some wisdom into you, Sterlo himself, devoted an entire article outlining why humble is the best HALFBACK in the club, albeit based off his few games in 1st grade, its only a few games, but he's still much more of a prospect than Mortimer atm.

The specifics of 2nd year syndrome comes from teams using training and video training to analyze a player and shut them down, if Mortimer is struggling to cope with all that, then he well and truly should've been dropped to Wenty long before this to develop himself before testing himself again in his 2nd year at first grade.

Reel deal

Juniors
i don't think he meant his bombs/ grubbers/ chips - i think he meant mortimer was brilliant at kicking the ball only short distances. :lol:

If that's the case i'd agree - the number of times he's had an almighty swing at the ball to see it only go 20-25m on the fly.... :lol:

hahaha gold!!

mrpwnd

Bench
I don't get the Humble love either????

His last game was absolutely shocking. Hs debut against Manly was good but after that I thought he was less and less effective!

Obviously DA thinks more of KK as he is still in the team and won't be here next year, where as Humble will be here next year and still hasn't been given another shot since his shocker against the Warriors.
Who DA has picked consistently in the halves all year is a crap way to analyze our best players in the halves...I think the continued selection of Robson and Mortimer is a prime example of that...

Gronk

Staff member
Quade Cooper will not come to the Eels. He's buckleys. No hope. It just won't happen before a Rugby World Cup year. He's using the Eels as leverage simply as that.

Just to clarify, this is your opinion or you are speaking with some authority ?

SeftonBoy

Juniors
My opinion. I just can't see it happening. He's playing hardball with the ARU & using Parramatta as the bargaining chip. ARU will not want to lose him for the World Cup. I reckon at best he'll sign for 1 year & then sign in the NRL in 2012 but necessarliy with the Eels.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
.........and Mitchell at 9.

Suity

Until Mitchell's body builds up and he grows in experience, we have to accept the fact he is a major liability for leaking tries.
Tigers Fifita went though Mitchell easily last Sunday and with momentum Hindmarsh couldn't stop Fifita's try.

Mitchell will be a target with Watmough, Bird, Gallen and all those other big powerful mobile, fast forwards, centers & fullbacks running at him, off fast play the balls. He is no doubt a good hooker in the making but he is going to need lots of defensive protectors around him to help him stop leaking tries. Yes, he will help set up tries too but he could easily leak at least two tries a game as a starting 9.

Think of Jeff Robson trying to bring down Roosters M Aubusson a few weeks ago or Ryan Hoffman in the 2009 GF and blow that out x 5 (at least) because Mitchell is nowhere near the class of Robson as a defender.

We may not see the best of Mitchell for three years. Until his body grows stronger and he gets that experience Daniel Anderson will have his hands full finding ways of minimising tries being leaked through Mitchell.

Small men & possibly suspect defenders close to the line (reasons explained above) for 2011

6. D Mortimer
7. Q Cooper
9. Mitchell

Not a good combo for the Eels 2011 defense.... Poor Hindy, Ben Smith & co working their arses off even harder than this year.....

I suggest we rethink our top 17 squad.
Hayne can help put on three tries a game.
Robson can stop three tries being leaked per game.

What do you think is the right balance coming out of our top 25 Squad?

And who else do we need to buy to get the right mix???

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
On Daniel Mortimer.....
Look, I'm one of the first to say he is having a terrible year. I admit that openly. If he is a bad player, then that is your opinion and I respect that. However, there are some things I think you should really know.....
You people were giving him all your passion last year, what happened this year? Where's the support for a tiny young player in only his second year of first grade? Some of you people are so immature and biased it's not funny. What happens when Mortimer goes to another club and tears us apart? At his best, which he showed last year in his FIRST year (and mind you, he debutted at a young age for a half), he tore teams apart with his support play, short-kicking and bullet passing.

Talent doesn't disappear. If you think the brilliant individual touches he brought up last year were "all Hayne" you are seriously kidding yourself. I can't bloody believe how moronic some of your claims are. Grow the f**k up and support a player that is struggling, or aren't you Parramatta fans? When Hayne struggles, you guys are there to support him; when Burt struggles, you guys are there to support him; when Reddy struggles, you guys are there to support him.
Yet for a junior who has little confidence and has had a tough year, no sympathy at all? No sympathy for the person that had no choice in being moved to halfback by his coach? Do yourselves a favour and actually SUPPORT your players. My god you people are spoiled; how about we be wooden spooners, that way you d*ckheads will learn some f**king humility. Then where will your Haynetrain love be? Where will be your support for your team? I can so imagine half of you tossers will just disappear and say "I can't associate with this crap team".

Oh wait, what is that, you aren't even loyal to your club. You aren't even loyal to a player who is struggling. You aren't even loyal to a coach who is having a tough year. It's true, us Parra fans are the laughing stock of Rugby League, and for good reason; people look at how blind and disloyal we are, and just laugh.

I'd like to see even half of you's actually stick up a team-player who is struggling, who puts in all his effort and soul for this team, but no, "he's useless, drop him". You must all be News Limited hockeys, you make me sick.

Thank you though to the 'real' Parramatta fans, who actually want to stick by this team and by the players when they are struggling.
It's like when some of ya's said "I will throw away my membership" because we had a bad year; wow, I'd like to see you guys be Sharks supporters, then you would actually learn some bloody humility.
If you guys were real supporters like them, you would be cheering on Mortimer as you do Luke Burt or Hindy when they struggle, not calling for his head and saying he is useless.

By your logic, if Hayne has a bad year, he is automatically 'useless' and should be sacked. Mmmm, can't see that happening!

Last edited:

Brenno75

Juniors
Is robbo signed for next season? Regards of wether we get another half or not I'd like to keep him even if only as a back up

SeftonBoy

Juniors
Burt is hopeless & Cayless is old & slow. I've supported them for 10 years now & they haven't been part of a premiership win. There time is over & a new breed needs to be found.

Latest posts