What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

Kornstar

Coach
You may just be on to something there...............:shock:

If that is true then he will never be able to be completely judged.....why would you not give your coach 100% control? You could never review his position fairly as you would have to shoulder the blame of their failure!

Uncle Leo

Juniors
If that is true then he will never be able to be completely judged.....why would you not give your coach 100% control? You could never review his position fairly as you would have to shoulder the blame of their failure!

Oh, but he will be judged....... it is perceived in the public arena that Ando has HIS team, so when HIS team fails ___________________( fill in the blanks)

Because your (as in the people that published the ticket) ticket claimed it would win a Premiership, and claimed it would restore the pride in the Jumper and look after local juniors and claimed that these problems were all because of the Previous board.

You may not be able to do promises 2 and 3 of the coach has complete control. Personally I am over it.

The thing that makes me chuckle is the so called fact that Fitzy had complete control. Now Fitzy signed Hagan without the boards Knowledge, but when he was fired that "privilege" was striped from him and the Board and the CEO looked to hire a new coach and they came up with the best one going around, Daniel Anderson.

Delboy

First Grade
Speaking to some people in the know, I think it is fair to say that the coach made the decision to let players go, and from the players we are losing they can probabaly be classified as not DAs style.

As for recruitment, not much has changed, a list and some priorities which the coach has agreed to, not too sure about QC but the rest of the players we are linked with had input from the coach.

We should death wish P3 as they have turned the financial situation around, and are working to get the rest of the club in order. I will wait for the usual doomsayers, but as I have no affilaition with either DF or P3 I can only tell you what I have found out.

We should death wish P3 as they have turned the financial situation around, and are working to get the rest of the club in order. I will wait for the usual doomsayers, but as I have no affilaition with either DF or P3 I can only tell you what I have found out.

Firstly let me say that as 3P said after their election win, 3P is dead it is the new board.

I heard from a former member of the New Board (that makes it hard to narrow down) that on the LC side of things, financially there were some very tough times before the Governmental financial year. I guess we will see how the clubs finances have turned around in the fullness of time at the end of the clubs financial year (December 31), when it is reported in the annual report.

Having said that, we all know the club made a profit last year, but that profit was thanks to a sale of properties, in which we made more than we had on the books for one and a less for what was on the books for the other. Also the properties we not revalued as far as I remember when I spoke with Roy Spagnolo and the clubs appointed accountant.

Indeed it will be interesting to see.

Hypothetically, would a loss in the order of a few million change your view on this or are we only talking about the NRL side? If we are only talking about the NRL side, the bigger question by the time of the election is how are our membership numbers going as that number then works back to value for sponsorships and the like, again the LC annual report will be interesting.

gustarny

Juniors
Mark the Fitzy regime last won a title in 86 that means we have 21 years to win a title with 3p .I dont think we have made a bad start with a GF already with some of the crap still remaining from Hages .Judge them when they get who they want in their 25 until then just get behind our club .My Two Cents Worth.

Mark the Fitzy regime last won a title in 86 that means we have 21 years to win a title with 3p .I dont think we have made a bad start with a GF already with some of the crap still remaining from Hages .Judge them when they get who they want in their 25 until then just get behind our club .My Two Cents Worth.

Yarny.

I will never Judge Fitzgerald's reign nor 3P and Ozzy's on Premiership success. I will judge it on other matters like I have from day one.

On the other hand I will judge Brian Smith's Tenure, along with Hagan's and Anderson's on a Number of factors including Premierships won, but not solely on that alone.

To quote suity, anyone who believed 3P could deliver us a premiership because they said so in their election materials is an Idiot.

True EEL

Bench
Maroubra....

read today in snipits that he has told the Wallabies, he won't be making any decision until her returns from the brief tour....it was said the ARU really wanted him to commit before these two tests to limit distraction (obviously)

so its still possible that's for sure.....

El Diablo

Post Whore
interesting that on the news the Wannabe's coach said Cooper wasn't a certainty to be selected

wonder if that means anything

belmoreeel

Juniors
lets hope he has a shocker in South Africa so the ARU shrug their shoulders and say maybe we are better off without him let him go to Parra

mrpwnd

Bench
lets hope he has a shocker in South Africa so the ARU shrug their shoulders and say maybe we are better off without him let him go to Parra
Well, assuming he gets shrugged off and moves over here...
He can't possibly be worse than our current halves can he?...?

belmoreeel

Juniors
He can't possibly be worse than our current halves can he?...?
He won't be worse but possibly do a better job than both of them put together, he might just need 2 pre season trials to get up to speed :sarcasm: and 2011 will be the year the premiership comes back to Parra :cool:

Avenger

Immortal
Cooper urged to focus on veldt challenge

Wallabies linchpin Quade Cooper has been warned to wipe his ongoing contract saga from his mind or risk the Australian side's chances against South Africa in Saturday's (Sunday 0100 AEST) Tri-Nations Test.

As the drawn-out negotiations over the star five-eighth's future continued at the Wallabies' Cape Town base, coach Robbie Deans said he could only hope they would not be a distraction for Cooper at Loftus Versfeld.

Cooper remained silent on the issue after the side's arrival in the Republic but has a history of playing well through off-field distractions, producing a stellar Super 14 season during contract talks with Queensland and with a conviction for burglary hanging over his head.

"If any of the peripheral stuff is in the forefront of his mind then it will bite him and, subsequent to that, it will bite the team so hopefully that's not the case," Deans told a press conference on Monday.

"I guess being here is advantageous to that end, there's less profile, less interest."

The gifted 22-year-old playmaker, who is off-contract next year, is yet to decide between a beefed-up offer from the Australian Rugby Union and a deal worth at least $500,000 a year from NRL club Parramatta.

"We obviously communicate routinely but, no, there's no update," Deans said of his talks with Cooper.

The fly half will return to the Australian side in the number 10 jersey for the Pretoria clash with the wounded Springboks after serving a two-match suspension for a dangerous tackle in the Wallabies' impressive 30-13 victory in Brisbane last month.

Anthony Faingaa is expected to be the man to make way for Cooper's return, with Matt Giteau returning to inside centre in an otherwise unchanged side from the second Bledisloe Cup Test in Christchurch.
Deans said Cooper could expect to be targeted by the South Africans, who are winless so far in the Tri-Nations following the weekend's heartbreaking 29-22 loss to new champions New Zealand.

"He hasn't been in rugby for a few weeks and to go from nothing into a Tri-Nations fixture where there's a lot at stake and a lot of intensity ... they won't make his life easy," Deans said.

"They've got the background of Brisbane, they will have taken out of that some ideas on how best to make his life difficult and I've got no doubt they'll bring that to the game this weekend."
Giteau said he was keen to have Cooper back alongside him, saying his game had matured.

"Quade's always been very flashy and always done the flashy things well but he probably wouldn't have been as consistent as he is now," Giteau said.

"I think he's really mature now, (with) his kicking game he can control a game really well and he does those small things that people probably don't notice as much.

"And he still obviously has that flash of brilliance."I enjoy playing outside him and, especially that night (in Brisbane), he creates a lot of space so hopefully it will be more of the same."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/08/24/2992380.htm?site=sport&section=rugbyunion

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
On Talkin' Sport yesterday Ando was asked about us signing a half for next season. Ando's response was that Ossie is looking after that and doing the negotiating......

BTW there is a rumour floating around that the reason the Board wanted to punt Ando is because Ando wanted COMPLETE control.

When it comes to all aspects of recruitment, training, coaching, facilities, times, dates, support staff for diet, statistics, conditioning, etc, Daniel Anderson should have COMPLETE control.

Did not Jack Gibson have complete COMPLETE CONTROL

Paul Osborne and all others should be supporting Daniel as team players in all areas of recruitment, wheeling & dealing and juggling the cap... BUT, the buck stops with Daniel. He is the COACH. If it comes to it, he should have the final say. If he is not the right guy you can trust to run the team and fulfill the dreams of all the fans, members, staff, etc, why even have him there.

ONLY ONE CHIEF PLEASE, all else are Indians (seen as equal team players). If Daniel is the right guy everything will run smoothly. If he is not, then sh*t happens every which way the players, the support staff, the board, the ceo goes.....

The right coach makes sure everything is running smoothly, he listens to everyone, everyone is having their say, all are respected and all respect the coach.

Where there is smoke there is fire... so in this debacle, where is the smoke coming from?????

Avenger

Immortal
Eels concede Quade Cooper likely to stay with rugby union

THE Eels concede the Australian Rugby Union is in the box seat to retain Quade Cooper in the wake of the Wallabies' departure to South Africa. While Parramatta are not putting up the white flag, Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo admits it will take some major resistance from Cooper not to be swayed by the pressure certain to be applied by ARU powerbrokers.
The ARU is understood to have tabled a beefed-up offer last week worth a minimum $400,000-a-season, although its base amount is still inferior to the Eels' three-year deal worth $500,000 annually.

The Cooper contract saga threatens to drag on for another fortnight, although the Eels have no plans to expedite the process by slapping a deadline on the Wallabies dynamo.

But with Cooper currently entrenched in Camp Wallaby, Spagnolo accepts the 22-year-old would have to show enormous courage to drop a defection bombshell on the ARU midway through the South African tour.

"Unfortunately for us, Quade had to go away, otherwise I think we would have got a decision by now," Spagnolo said. "But Quade had to go away and I think it's working in their (the ARU's) favour to be honest with you."
Cooper may well decide to hang tough and make a definitive call when he returns to Australia in a fortnight ago.

But with the 2011 World Cup on the horizon and Cooper capable of earning around $650,000 next season if he plays every Super 15 game and Test match, the Eels would not be shocked if he stayed in rugby.

"It's been about two weeks now since we've been talking," Spagnolo said.
"I honestly don't think the kid has made up his mind and for that reason we're not going to pressure him.

"I think the ARU are putting a bit of pressure on him to sign so it's up to Quade now. "I'll let him sort it out with his manager and if he wants to play for us, that would be fantastic."

Parramatta legend Ray Price, a dual international who played eight Tests for the Wallabies between 1974-76, said Cooper would be an instant success if he made the switch. "I haven't seen a great deal of him but what I have seen has impressed me greatly," Price said.

"The kid can certainly play, he's got brilliant footwork, a great pass and while he would need to work on his defence, he has the size to handle it.
"I'd love to see Quade Cooper make a go of it at Parramatta. He'd be great alongside Jarryd Hayne, but there's still a lot of things for him to achieve in rugby as well."Making the switch wouldn't be a problem for him. Most guys who decide to go across can do it if they work hard and I'm sure Quade would do that."

713814-quade-cooper.jpg

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...with-rugby-union/story-e6frep5o-1225908482981

Delboy

First Grade
My information remians that DA has control, I am not sure why posters think this is not the case.

Perhaps these people in the "know" can enlighten us on their gossip re the situation

foreel

Juniors
I know it's never going to happen, but my dream spine would be:
1. Hayne
6. Humble
7. Quade Cooper
9. Mitchell
They all have that magic ingredient that can't be coached, speeeed!!!!!

Latest posts