What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

Gronk

Staff member
The NRL is suggested to be brokering third party deals...they apparently want to get one back on Rugby

Yes ! So based on the Brisbane model, we only need to get companies that are not aligned to the Eels, like Harvey Norman or Wizard for example, to put up $250k and we're off and running. Also, his manager is entitled to arrange as much endorsement deals as he can muster to bump up his cash. Sonny Bill had Nike and Gatorade deals IIRC.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Thanks mate,

Just checked out the article in the link at the top of the thread and it is by Peter Badel as well. I can say Badel adds far more weight to this than Josh.

Why, is he fat?

Suity

maybe because he used to run a Parramatta site and also had something to do with the Blue and Gold army site?

http://web.archive.org/web/19990223211203/http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Stadium/7699/index.html

COPYRIGHT 1998 Peter Badel's Unofficial Parramatta Page - All information, unless specified, remains the property of Peter Badel and may only be used for the purposes of research, review or private study.

Cooper dismisses talk of league defection in the short term

August 13, 2010 - 5:02PM
Ads by Google

Bledisloe Cup packages

Premium seats and the best service Book Now
www.anzstadium.com.au/Bledisloe

Quade%20Cooper-420x0.jpg
Recruitment target ... Quade Cooper. Photo: Getty Images

Wallabies X-factor Quade Cooper has revealed he wants to scale great heights in rugby union before considering any thoughts of switching codes.
Despite a report his manager last week held talks with NRL club Parramatta, Cooper has said today he’s determined to help the Wallabies to the 2011 World Cup and continue Queensland’s Super rugby revival.
Australian Rugby Union boss John O’Neill has also stressed the red-hot playmaker, who has verbally agreed to a further two years with the Reds, wouldn’t be lost to league.
Advertisement: Story continues below

O’Neill suggested player agent Richard Colreavy’s secret Eels meeting was a negotiation stunt ahead of talks with the ARU on Friday afternoon and doubted the NRL could afford him.
Parramatta officials also dismissed Colreavy’s approach as a bid to lift his asking price in rugby.
Cooper grew up playing both league and union until 17 and has a healthy interest in the 13-man code but playing rugby - for both the Wallabies and Reds - remains his priority.
‘‘I’ve always had (league) in the back of my mind because I like watching league and I loved playing it but at the same time I’ve enjoyed rugby and I haven’t really achieved too much in the game as yet that I want to achieve,’’ he said.
‘‘I have been chased a little bit (by leagues clubs before) but at the same time it’s pretty hard to leave when you haven’t achieved anything.
‘‘My first three years with the Reds we were last, third last and second last.
‘‘To leave on that note, there’s two ways to go about it.
‘‘You can want to leave because you are not doing well or you can face that challenge and say you want to stay and be on that wave when it does come in.
‘‘You would think it’s just around the corner and if you left now you would miss that.’’
Cooper has played just 16 Tests and only cemented the Wallabies No.10 jersey in June after starring as the Australian Super 14 player of the year.
But the maturing five-eighth’s value to Australian rugby was underlined by his absence in the back-to-back Bledisloe Cup losses in the past fortnight.
The ARU has been tightening its belt since the 2007 World Cup and massive salaries shelled out to Matt Giteau and Lote Tuqiri have become a thing of the past.
But O’Neill said Cooper could expect a reasonable increase in his contract but also indicated he shouldn’t forget the support shown by the ARU and QRU following burglary charges in December.
‘‘He’s got the world at his feet in our game, he’s got a World Cup next year, he’s a player we want to retain and we’re confident in the coming week or so we’ll have a satisfactory deal done,’’ he said.
‘‘I think all of what we’ve done with Quade in the last six months shows great support for Quade ... the ARU and QRU could not have done more.’’
On a day he was boosted by the announcement of the return of lock Dan Vickerman for 2011, Wallabies coach Robbie Deans denied he had any concerns at all about Cooper who is yet to challenge himself against the All Blacks.
‘‘There is no dalliance with league,’’ he said. ‘‘Quade’s expressed to us that not only does he love what he does but he wants to continue doing it.’’
AAP

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...fection-in-the-short-term-20100813-1223u.html

barney gumble

Juniors
How many halves now does that make it being linked to the Eels?

Now a Yawnion half who's never played league. Please, we really are sounding desperate.

Djay

Juniors
I dunno this could be good or could turn out horrible, I'd be prepared to give it a go.

strider

Post Whore
I'm assuming you may get the same tidbits as me...

wanna hear something funny, I'll let the forumer own up to this if he wants but I got a text message from him saying that Ossie was dining with Paul Whatuera..turns out it wasn't Paul at all....;-)

I'm also hearing that we're in with a real shot...lets see waht happens.

i'm obviously not having a go at any of you guys who relay info on to us, its all very much appreciated to hear what's going on

but whoever in the club is saying we are in with a real shot - are they the same ppl who have been saying we have just about signed every man and his dog in the last few months?

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if people in our club are dellusional :lol:

Prop Forward

Juniors
My source is not from the club.

It is from someone VERY close to Cooper.

As you can tell from my first post, I thought it was a 'here we go again with another half'.

But I have since been informed that he is giving signing with Parramatta real though. It is not just a ploy to bump his Rugby deal.

Last edited:

boxhead

First Grade
My source is not from the club.

It is from someone VERY close to Cooper.

As you can tell from my first post, I thought it was a 'here we go again with another half'.

But I have since been informed that he is giving signing with Parramatta real though. It is not just a ploy to bump his Rugby deal.

That's pretty cool, but it's odd that he has come out and said otherwise today; I believe you however, and apparently according to other people here with inside sources we are in with a good shot. Will be very interesting to see what happens.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
i'm obviously not having a go at any of you guys who relay info on to us, its all very much appreciated to hear what's going on

but whoever in the club is saying we are in with a real shot - are they the same ppl who have been saying we have just about signed every man and his dog in the last few months?

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if people in our club are dellusional :lol:
Well most of us fans are :lol: