What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

Prop Forward

Juniors
88funny-pictures261.jpg

strider

Post Whore
yeah - but you still need to write all the letters - not chop half of them out :lol: :lol:

boxhead

First Grade
Translated for you

That's very interesting, but it could mean anything-however, given the tone of the comment, it does sound like something momentous, like him switching codes.
Also, is this guy actually one of his friends or is he just pretending and said that to stir everyone up?

strider

Post Whore
It means he is coming to League. If you decipher the Gen Y dribble. :D

That's very interesting, but it could mean anything-however, given the tone of the comment, it does sound like something momentous, like him switching codes.
Also, is this guy actually one of his friends or is he just pretending and said that to stir everyone up?

I don't think what that says indicates he's definitely coming at all .... it just means the dude who wrote is is shocked he is considering it

Agent Mulder

Bench
How could anyone understand thart dribble??? I speak english, the youth of today.....

Was thinking the same, My Mother in Law is a School teacher and she was telling me that its acceptable to sumbit school work with that stupid sms-text dribble.

I mean who f**king hard is it to write the whole word?

Even geniuss write better then that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e-cooper-to-stay/story-e6frey4i-1225905063721

Urgent talks to convince Quade Cooper to stay

* Peter Badel
* August 14, 2010 12:00AM

Speaking exclusively with The Daily Telegraph last night, Parramatta boss Paul Osborne confirmed holding talks with Cooper's management and is ready to table a formal offer if the Queensland playmaker is genuine in his desire to test himself in the NRL.

Desperate to keep the playmaker in their ranks, Wallabies coach Robbie Deans yesterday phoned Cooper to spruik the benefits of staying loyal with the 2011 World Cup campaign on the horizon.

But while Cooper is tipped to remain in rugby, Eels powerbrokers have stepped up attempts to orchestrate the most significant Wallaby defection since the 15-a-side code went professional in 1996.

Less than 16 hours before speaking with Deans, Cooper met with Osborne and Eels chairman Roy Spagnolo at a Brisbane pub.

The ace up Parramatta's sleeve was Hayne, who has struck up a friendship with Cooper via Twitter and attended the dinner to pitch the merits of a code switch.

While ARU boss John O'Neill is confident Cooper will re-sign in the coming weeks, Osborne last night broke his silence to declare the club wanted the Reds utility if he was serious about quitting rugby.

"If he's fair dinkum, we'd love to have him here," Osborne said. "I want to make it clear we're not interested in being used as leverage against the ARU.

"But if he wants to play rugby league, we'd make Quade an offer.

"We're more than interested, but he really needs to make a decision on whether he wants to play league or union."

Cooper, who has played 16 Tests, said last night he still had a lot to achieve in rugby and was leaning towards staying with the ARU.

But with the classy playmaker left dissatisfied by the ARU's initial top-up component on a two-year deal, Cooper could find a bumper offer from the Eels difficult to refuse.

"I've always had [league] in the back of my mind because I like watching league and I loved playing it," he said.

"But at the same time I've enjoyed rugby and I haven't really achieved too much in the game as yet that I want to achieve.

"I have been chased a little bit [by league clubs before] but at the same time it's pretty hard to leave when you haven't achieved anything."

Deans and ARU boss John O'Neill held urgent phone calls with Cooper yesterday to try to convince him to ignore NRL riches and prove himself a rugby superstar at the 2011 World Cup.

"But in the long run, the money is irrelevant," Deans said. "It's about what do you want to do with your life? You get one life, and he is just getting started. I would be very surprised if he was to walk away from that for some dollars, because when you hit 90, you want to be able to look back and say I did all the things I wanted to do."It will have very little to do with how many dollars you have in the bank. Either way [rugby or league] he will have that probably anyway."

Eelementary

Post Whore
:lol: @ the Wallabies hierarchy honestly thinking they're a chance at the 2011 World Cup...:sarcasm:

Seriously, though - I doubt they'll win another Cup for a loooooong time.

hybrideel

Bench
i find it funny that they are talking about defecting to league for he money. I'm pretty sure that would be 90% of the reason all the league guys left to go to union. Oh no sorry it was the challenge wasn't it.

btaag

Juniors
Would love him to playe for us, but the World Cup, sponsorship dollars coming from that, and a guaranteed starting spot in the Wallabies team will prevent him from coming to the Eels. He will earn more money and play 40 tests in the next 4 years. He would be crazy to come to us (though I want him to and am crossing fingers).

Sure beats Brent Sherwin :lol:

Gaffman

Juniors
I hate this... even though we're practically no chance of getting this bloke, with Union's deep pockets and world cup fame stacking the odds against us... There is still that slim chance, a sliver of hope. AND IT CRUSHES ME! Because every time i read about this guy and Haynesy being buddies or watch another youtube video of what this bloke can do on the park i get these visions of grand final glory, made possible with a quality, creative halfback...

And then reality sinks in again and we need 3 from 3 this year to scrape in, a huge chunk of our squad is leaving and now the coach is on the outer. While the broncos sign Inglis for peanuts.

Love being an Eels supporter, don't you?

Djay

Juniors
I hate this... even though we're practically no chance of getting this bloke, with Union's deep pockets and world cup fame stacking the odds against us... There is still that slim chance, a sliver of hope. AND IT CRUSHES ME! Because every time i read about this guy and Haynesy being buddies or watch another youtube video of what this bloke can do on the park i get these visions of grand final glory, made possible with a quality, creative halfback...

And then reality sinks in again and we need 3 from 3 this year to scrape in, a huge chunk of our squad is leaving and now the coach is on the outer. While the broncos sign Inglis for peanuts.

Love being an Eels supporter, don't you?
That's what being an Eels supporter involves.

Tin Man 4.24

Juniors
Fox sports are reporting that Quade Cooper has decided to stay with Union. Still there are plenty more Coopers for the Eels to Chase - Cooper Vuna, Matt Cooper or maybe even Nick Kouparitsis.

hybrideel

Bench
Geez what a shock. He must've really been considering it if it took less than 24 hours to decide to stay.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Do we really want to paid $500,000 plus for a player who has never played top level league. It will end it tears, the guy will struggle with the defensive work load, he will have forwards running at him all day.

Hope we don't get him