What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FFS! Quade Cooper in secret talks with Parramatta Eels

One of the guys on the site this morning told me about the article in The Telecrap. I asked who it was written by and he said Josh.

There you have it.

Suity

Thanks mate,

Just checked out the article in the link at the top of the thread and it is by Peter Badel as well. I can say Badel adds far more weight to this than Josh.

boxhead

First Grade
I have discovered today that this is a big possibility of happening.

Did you hear it from a Parramatta Eels Leagues Club source? Or did you hear it from a Rugby Union official....the Aussie coach and boss (for RU) seem to believe he is staying. Thank you though for the tip, I'm not questioning your credibility or anything I am just wondering if you can reveal what your source is, give hints, etc. Thanks mate. :)

84 Baby

Referee
I have no doubts the talks have happened but only to the extent of "this is what we can offer you and the opportunities you'll have", he replies "thanks for the offer I will consider it (small print - only if ARU offer me less $$$ than you are)."

We're in with a shot... up to the point where ARU offer him $1m more than we can at which stage it's a no brainer. We'd have more chance at Berrick Barnes, Kurtley Beale or Daniel Halangahu who are massively overlooked

cgee221

Juniors
Thanks mate,

Just checked out the article in the link at the top of the thread and it is by Peter Badel as well. I can say Badel adds far more weight to this than Josh.

Absolutely MITS....Badel is one of the few journalists in that corporation who has some credibility...it'll be interesting to see how this unfolds, although I personally believe it's merely a tool to drive Coopers price up and that we're still going for Baz.

Gronk

Staff member
Quade should call Daniel Wagon in the USA to see what a post NRL career can offer compared to Rugby. :sarcasm:

Daneel

Bench
Wouldn't it be good if the nrl could be proactive on this and offer Cooper x amount of dollars on top of what ever he could get with an nrl team. It wouldn't have to be the eels any nrl club just so we can stick it to the aru.

I have also wondered (as im sure other people probably have) why don't the nrl give salary cap exemptions for one player per club who is signed from another code or competition like super league. We could have the 16 best english players playing in the nrl one for every club. I would exclude anyone who has played nrl before because they might just leave nrl so they could come back on more money.

strider

Post Whore
Does anyone know if any other media outlet has "leaked" this story yet? Or is it just, at this stage, the Telegraph?

SMH as well.

Suity

actually i can confirm this story running on the SMH did not come from a SMH writer - it came from AAP (basically stories that come in from external news sources) .... so it may well have just originated from the Tele

Daneel

Bench
actually i can confirm this story running on the SMH did not come from a SMH writer - it came from AAP (basically stories that come in from external news sources) .... so it may well have just originated from the Tele

Old AAP he is an incredible journo, in my towns local rag he is responsible for 80% of stories written. :lol:

The Bassman

Juniors
would be a GREAT purchase for the team.

Morts and Cooper would be LETHAL !!!

Did anyone watch the YouTube videos that FORTY20 posted?

Did anyone think some of the highlights (especially the running and kicking styles) reminded you of Tim Smith ??

Timmy, despite his private problems and issues was a talent, so if Cooper could bring some of that form to us, with the pack we have, we would be a force and a half next year!!

open up the chequebook Ozzie !!

Sign him now!

84 Baby

Referee
I believe we are in with MORE than a shot.

Suity
I have no doubt we've put a formal offer to him which would consitute a lot of money in NRL terms and to you and I. But when the dust settles I think he'll stick with union on at least double what anyone in the NRL can offer him and our halves for next year will be Mortimer & Robson.

The only other clincher we would have over union is the increased TV exposure he would have playing league instead... perhaps we could get him a Cameron Smith style TV deal