What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

HowHigh

Coach
started a new career mode with Cheltenham in NP2, signed a mexican AMC for my 4-3-3 for 100k, living the dream!! beat Portsmouth 2-1 first game, feels good lots of movement up front in this tactic I adjusted.
Heaps more fun doing that in career mode instead of just starting with a top team imo

I play with Oxford Utd..got em promoted up to npower 1...transfer budget got increased to 900k and 5k wages which was cool

Now my starting 11 are all 61+ and bought my first 70 some brazilian lol

Azkatro

First Grade
tempted to return it and get my money back. cheating peice of shit game.

It still feels like the result of certain games are pre-determined. If the CPE wants to win, it will win and there is nothing you can do about it. Your world class defensive line will stand around scratching there arses and not marking up while some league 2 forward just strolls into the box for a free shot.

It's a great game but god it frustrates me.

Best example of that I ever had was playing a Champions League knockout stage match against Juventus in Fifa 2002 with Chelsea. A mate and myself were playing in co-op mode and were pretty accomplished and playing in World Class difficulty. But when the computer wants to score, and it's a knockout cup match, and it's World Class, they WILL score. Despite our form we lost that game 12-7. Yes, 12-7. That's how ridiculous it can get.

Ausguy

Coach
started a cup to get used to gameplay, i used to jump straight into franchise and then re-start it once i knew what i was doing.

anyway i plan to start franchise this weekend with my team Norwich City. I expect to get beaten as im PL now.

anyway some things im still having trouble with

- scoring for starters, i find im being isolated in the forward and midfiled and cant get a good through ball to an open man even when i put 4 up front - thoughts on attacking please?

- as for franchise.... what should i do straight up regarding buying or transfering players? clearly i wont have heaps of money but any info here would be great.

- finally ive seen people talk about making tactic adjustments and or changing sliders to impact gameplay/realism. what is this about...?

- camera angles, ive got a 42 inch tv and i sit back a bit from it, when the ball is in the top half of the field i find it hard to see... i know there is a zoom function but it didnt seem to help, has anyone adjusted this efffectively? Im moving it to a 55inch very soon and i think this is important.

thanks in advance

nöyd

Staff member
I noticed the swap teams feature in career, I'll be swapping teams out of all the English divisions and making 4 epic super leagues and promoting Boca from League 2

i always play career/league/cup mode as Spurs - always, whether it be PES or FIFA. with this new swap mode i said f**k it, for something different i dropped Brisbane Roar in the npower 2 league where i'm running third after 5 matches, 3 wins, a draw and a loss, the loss just coming against 20th placed Crewe :lol:

Oxford offered me 1.2mil for Erik Paartalu, not for sale sorry lads, Broich is a gun with 4 goals from 4 matches so far, the only reason he missed a game was after a red card for complete obliteration of a keeper.

I just lost Henrique for 2 months with a blown knee, f**king whiny little bitch anyway, always wants a rest because he feels jaded, whatever that means. :roll::sarcasm:

the news ticker tipped us to come first, we'd better as we've already been knocked out of the carling cup...

Heaps more fun doing that in career mode instead of just starting with a top team imo

I play with Oxford Utd..got em promoted up to npower 1...transfer budget got increased to 900k and 5k wages which was cool

Now my starting 11 are all 61+ and bought my first 70 some brazilian lol

yeah I'm always the same even in FM, I don't see the point of starting with the best teams, where is the challenge in that?

grats on promotion, are you doing scouting networks?

I found that by scouting them an extra month you get some good info to see if you wanna sign them up.

I don't let them sit in youth squad forever cause other teams will snap them up, I just send them on loan and they progress.

tactical defending has ruined this game. every match is like at least 6 goals. not realistic when defenders constantly run past players with the ball.

Ausguy

Coach
penny i agree with CB... if your on ps3 change R1 to X and defend tactically all day...

im starting to score and win but occasionally i get done, its a great challenge

boxhead

First Grade
The rubber banding in this game is disgusting, to the point where it will stop you from making the pass for a tap-in or it simply will not let you win. I had Ronaldo and Callejon in space against the goalie, I set it up perfectly for the tap-in (Ronaldo to Callejon) and I pressed X repeatedly but the game decided it wouldn't pass it even when I was several metres away from the goalie. Making it worse, Ronaldo ran into the goalie for an easy pick-up and clearing kick for the goalie.
Playing Madrid against Spurs and no matter what I did I was dominated and couldn't get a goal.
I'm sorry but sports games should not be made like this, EA can get f&$Jed.
Aside from that, fantastic game.

The rubber banding in this game is disgusting, to the point where it will stop you from making the pass for a tap-in or it simply will not let you win. I had Ronaldo and Callejon in space against the goalie, I set it up perfectly for the tap-in (Ronaldo to Callejon) and I pressed X repeatedly but the game decided it wouldn't pass it even when I was several metres away from the goalie. Making it worse, Ronaldo ran into the goalie for an easy pick-up and clearing kick for the goalie.
Playing Madrid against Spurs and no matter what I did I was dominated and couldn't get a goal.
I'm sorry but sports games should not be made like this, EA can get f&$Jed.
Aside from that, fantastic game.

sometimes you can get wayward passes on assisted if your pass chance is high in tactics, so check that out.

higher division H2H is getting intense now can only handle 1 game a night now D:

for new guys or people that are worried about H2H, I'd suggest playing the AI at world class level and if you can beat it then try out H2H because alot of scrubs use GK to defend by pressing select.

redvscotty

First Grade
Had a ripper League Cup as Wolves against ManU in the semis, lost on penalties (still NFI what to do in them, keeps going way wide, pretty good as goalie though).

I'm coming 5th in the League as Wolves after buying Briand and Denisov. Won 6-0 against Newcastle and smash Stoke everytime after Doyle had a hissy fit and they bought him.

Fletcher has scored something like 12 goals in 3 or 4 games lol. Admittedly I have it on medium, am gonna ramp it up a notch after the first season.

boxhead

First Grade
Finally found my rhythm on world class, I still have the occasional "hiccup" though, which I really enjoy.
Was playing lower league Real Murcia in the away leg of a Spanish Cup tie as Madrid, I won 5-nil in the home-leg and wanted to have a decent hut-out in preparation for the next league game. I'm 1-nil down after 7 minutes from an amazing strike from outside the box. I drew 1-1 when Sergio Ramos, on the counter, dribbled through the defence and equalized. I went down again from another brilliant goal. I went up 4-2 with three unanswered strikes, and I subbed Neymar, Ronaldo and my VP because I assumed I wouldn't need them. The damn AI capitalized on a Casillas mistake and poor defence to level 4-4, I was on the edge of my seat for five minutes! It of course wouldn't have mattered with the aggregate 9-4, but it was brilliant nonetheless.
I'm having a load of fun and am keeping pace with Barca!

HowHigh

Coach
Had a ripper League Cup as Wolves against ManU in the semis, lost on penalties (still NFI what to do in them, keeps going way wide, pretty good as goalie though).

I'm coming 5th in the League as Wolves after buying Briand and Denisov. Won 6-0 against Newcastle and smash Stoke everytime after Doyle had a hissy fit and they bought him.

Fletcher has scored something like 12 goals in 3 or 4 games lol. Admittedly I have it on medium, am gonna ramp it up a notch after the first season.
Haha same, I haven't had a clue on penalties since fifa2010

yeah I'm always the same even in FM, I don't see the point of starting with the best teams, where is the challenge in that?

grats on promotion, are you doing scouting networks?

I found that by scouting them an extra month you get some good info to see if you wanna sign them up.

I don't let them sit in youth squad forever cause other teams will snap them up, I just send them on loan and they progress.

Cheers lol
Haven't used scouting yet, used the funds to buy a few players due to it being such a poor team, up to 2 stars now from 1
The team is pretty set now so once I come across some funds Ill do some scouting

Last edited:

Are the penalties in Fifa 12 the same as Fifa 11? I haven't bought 12 yet (just about to finish a big assessment block, and I didn't want the distraction), but if they're the same then, the longer you hold the control stick to the side the wider it goes. If you hold it while you're waiting to take the shot you'll put it wide every time. Best off pushing the stick to the side just before you start the run up to get it in the corners.

Obviously if penalties are different then disregard this. The arena is good for some practise too.

CC_Eagle

First Grade
Penalties are the same.

I saved one as The Szcz against Kaka the other day, nearly popped a testicle.

Cheers lol
Haven't used scouting yet, used the funds to buy a few players due to it being such a poor team, up to 2 stars now from 1
The team is pretty set now so once I come across some funds Ill do some scouting

I usually buy 1 player and sell a scrub then get a scout somewhere cheap cause it costs alot of money for the scout then to make the merkin actually look for a player :/

the last one I did I sent him to Australia (16k) to look for a 'technically gifted' player and he found a gem for me (and about 3 scrubs), 16 years old 61 overall has alot of potential, but then again the scout is povo 1 star lol so he could be shit but he does have the best passing ratings in my whole team at 16 lol.

Last edited: