What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fifa 12

I've found quite a few good young kids for my academy with potentials between 80 and 90. And player growth is definitely insane, almost every young player in the games goes up by at least 1 or 2 - some go up by more than 6!! I found a "Lucas" (real player, not the Liverpool one) who I hadn't seen before but a search showed he was 88 overall!

If he's anything like he is on football manager then he's a beast.

I noticed the swap teams feature in career, I'll be swapping teams out of all the English divisions and making 4 epic super leagues and promoting Boca from League 2

boxhead

First Grade
has anyone got a ps3 controller map??

i hate on disk manuals, they are useless.

I don't have a "map" but I can give instructions, and as far as performing specific skill moves go look in settings either in-game or in the main menu (in the main menu it will be under customize FIFA), controls, button help and then skill moves.

Right analog stick - push ball forward a few metres in the direction you point (attack)/cycle defenders (defense)
Left analog stick - movement of the selected player (defense)/player on the ball (attack)
Triangle - through ball (attack)
Circle - shoot/ tackle (defense)
"X" - short pass/contain (defense)
Square - cross, lobbed pass
L1 - precision dribbling/make teammate make a run
L1 and triangle - chipped through ball
L1 and "X" - pass back (player makes a run)
L1 and circle - chipped shot
L1 and square - early cross
L2 - skill modifier (on the ball)/jockey (defence) - use L2 plus the right analog stick while moving or standing to perform skill moves
L2 and R1 - jockey and call nearest teammate to contain
R1 and circle - finesse shot
Directional buttons - DOWN is used to bring up quick tactics menu / LEFT or RIGHT changes team style to either be more defensive or offensive, respectively

That should be what you need to know.

Last edited:

Ausguy

Coach
thanks boxhead thats a great start for the basics and really appreciate it.

after seeing some of those youtube vids im real keen to get onto those other moves... iv actually only had the time to play 1 game snice i bought it last friday but im hoping to get some time this weekend.

Allstar Knights

Juniors
Gonna buy this in the next few days. Just been busy with other games, but i've still been playing the living shit out of the demo. Looking forward to mastering tactical defending online in H2H and playing clubs with my Virtual Pro.

Gonna buy this in the next few days. Just been busy with other games, but i've still been playing the living shit out of the demo. Looking forward to mastering tactical defending online in H2H and playing clubs with my Virtual Pro.

online pro games are fun, everyone is a striker lol

boxhead

First Grade
Playing with Spurs on Proffessional in Manager mode was far too easy, by the start of the second season my first XI was;
Neuer, Walker, Hummels, Chielleini, Marcelo, Lennon, Huddlestone, Modric, Bale, van der Vaart, Suarez
So I've started a world class career mode with Swansea; my recruits so far have been Aaron Ramsey on a full season loan and Sandro for £11million. Add in my overall 85 virtual pro CAM because this is a good opportunity to level him up.
My midfield is better than every other team bar the top six, but I would argue it is on equal terms with Liverpool.
Vorm, Rangel, Caulker, Williams, Taylor, Ramsey, Sandro, VP, Dyer, Graham, Sinclair
I've never used a small team across a whole season before in FIFA so I have no idea how I will do, my objective is to avoid relegation, so maybe 12th-15th because of my fragile edge defence.

mongoose

Coach
tempted to return it and get my money back. cheating peice of shit game.

It still feels like the result of certain games are pre-determined. If the CPE wants to win, it will win and there is nothing you can do about it. Your world class defensive line will stand around scratching there arses and not marking up while some league 2 forward just strolls into the box for a free shot.

It's a great game but god it frustrates me.

Ausguy

Coach
they are the games that rock... i want games to kick my ass when i buy them.... there in lies the challenge

Jono078

Referee
Anyone play online seasons?

My record was incredible until I got to division 6 and got f**ked up and now relegated back to division 7 :(

The game is incredibly frustrating at times where a defender will just stand next to the guy with the ball and do nothing as he takes a shot and scores.

Sure it puts the responsibility on you to take complete control and defend but seriously inside and near the box if CPU is next to the guy stick a leg out and stop them from shooting please!

boxhead

First Grade
tempted to return it and get my money back. cheating peice of shit game.

It still feels like the result of certain games are pre-determined. If the CPE wants to win, it will win and there is nothing you can do about it. Your world class defensive line will stand around scratching there arses and not marking up while some league 2 forward just strolls into the box for a free shot.

It's a great game but god it frustrates me.

That's FIFA for you. Just today, I started a career with Madrid as well and was up 3-nil away against Lazio in a friendly; expectedly, it ended 3-3 with the final goal coming in the last minute when one of my CB's completely ignored a player a metre next to him from a cross he refused to block. So many other examples, you just have to deal with it unfortunately.

EA games are famous for their rubber banding, nothing you can do about it.

they are the games that rock... i want games to kick my ass when i buy them.... there in lies the challenge

Oh it will, and you will get amazingly one-sided wins against top opposition as well. Case in point, I beat ManU times as Spurs in '11 by 3 to 5 nil scorelines regularly at Old Trafford.

Playing in the rain is great for manual passing because you can tap the button harder and the ball holds up, playing in the snow at those shitty lower league stadiums is a nightmare.

started a new career mode with Cheltenham in NP2, signed a mexican AMC for my 4-3-3 for 100k, living the dream!! beat Portsmouth 2-1 first game, feels good lots of movement up front in this tactic I adjusted.